+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Mock Draft 2.23... outside the box!

I'd rather have Andre Branch in the 1st if we are going DE, or trade back for Vinny Curry.

I like Chandler Jones, but like Vinny Curry, I'd rather draft them a bit further back and pick up an additional 3rd or 4th rounder.

No way we take another DE in the first round.

[quote user="nygsb42champs"]No way we take another DE in the first round.[/quote]

Thats what they said before we drafted Kiwi.

And then they said it again before we drafted JPP.

Get well soon 80.

[quote user="Shockeyitus"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="Shockeyitus"]

Dont be surprised if the Giants grab two TE's in this draft. A nice receiving threat with Green and a guy like....

Kevin Kroger, TE - Michigan...solid all around game.

Matt Veldman, TE - North Dakota State.... huge target that wasnt much of a receiving threat in college. Could be a sleeper late.

[/quote]

I agree 2 TE's is a very real possibility. Especially if they arent able to get any vets in FA.

I would add Cory Harkey to the list of guys we will examine. He is the best end line blocking TE prospect this year in my opinion. At 6'4 265 he is ready to line up tight to the line the second he is drafted. I also think at UCLA he was underused as a reciever and his upside in this area is undervalued.He is very athletic. He was also a very good student, which is important for TEs in our offense because they must understand not only complicated blocking schemes but also a complicated route running system. I dont expect a great 40 out of him come the combine, but I still see us having an eye on him.
    [/quote] As far as the FA market, i would not be opposed to bringing inVisanthe Shiancoe for a 2yr contract.. U bring in Shiancoe and draft a Ladarious Green, Dwayne Allen, or Fleener, and now the positon is a certain strength... Shiancoe would really bolster our run game, with his great blocking, and i have a feeling, he'd have a career yr recieving with ELI throwing em the ball..

Other TE's i think are certainly intriguing are George Bryan(fits giants mold of Te perfectly), Brian Linthicum(some serious potential in the right system), David Paulson(bigtime effort player, who can catch, and i see some ed ****son in him), and Nick Provo(gotta feeling hes gonna make a team and you'll here about him doing good things down the line)

[/quote]

I would love to see Shiancoe back in Big Blue... Solid veteran that can provide some stability to our offense. If we grab a guy like Green in round 3, this give him time to learn and develop.

As far as the other options for TE.... Linthicum has been talked about a lot lately. Nick Provo is a guy that i really like out of Syracuse. He catches everything!

[/quote] ya, Linthicum has alot of upside/potential, and with a good coaching staff, could end up being the steal of the TE's, and getting him last pick of RD 4 or with a comp rd 4 pick(if we get one), would be a ok with me..

Provo is kinda like a Bear Pascoe type player in my opinion, so i doubt we draft him, because we all ready have Pascoe, but i certainly like em, and if we did draft em in RD 6-7, i would not mind at all..

I just think people are to quick to judge the development of Travis Beckum as a bust, meaning any "recieving" TE with limited blocking skills is guranteed to bust with us, so don't take em.... Ladarious Green has unlimited upside, and i'm sorry, if u don't go TE in the first couple rds, and hes on the board in RD 3, u gotta consider it.. He seems to have a frame to add weight, and we do got a great TE coach and overall coaching staff, so i'd give em a shot if the value is there in RD 3(assuming hes even there which is no gurantee)..

[quote user="nygsb42champs"]No way we take another DE in the first round.[/quote]

Osi is 30 and is in the last year of his contract.....he could also be traded

Tuck has two years left on his deal and is approaching 30.....he is always banged up too

Kiwi is in the last year of his dealand..wait for it.... is almost 30....

What makes you so sure they are definately not going DE in the first?

"Hey, let me buy you a pack of gum. I'll show you how to chew it."

2014 Draft:
    Round 1 - Eric Ebron, TE - North Carolina
    Round 2 - David Yankey, OG - Stanford
    Round 3 - Allen Robinson, WR - Penn State
    Round 4 - Anthony Johnson, DT - LSU
    Round 5 - Rashaad Reynolds, CB - Oregon State
    Round 6 - Andrew Jackson, ILB - W. Kentucky
    Round 7 - ** Traded for Jon Beason **

[quote user="Shockeyitus"]

Osi is 30 and is in the last year of his contract.....he could also be traded

Tuck has two years left on his deal and is approaching 30.....he is always banged up too

Kiwi is in the last year of his dealand..wait for it.... is almost 30....

What makes you so sure they are definately not going DE in the first?

[/quote] Coulden't agree more.. The giants have proven they will always replenish the pass rushers, let alone when the pass rushers are aging, and those pass rushers were instrumental in us winning 2sb's.. Whitney Mercilus is a guy the Giants would probably love to draft if hes on the board at 32... The guys basically a Justin Tuck clone, with a bit more athletic ability.. He forces fumbles, and has tremendous strength just like Tuck... Whitney Mercilus is probably my dream scenario to be honest with ya.. I do expect him to be long gone though.. I also expect Whitney to put in work at the combine this weekend..

Mercilus is going to be an absolute beast. Im not a fan of Melvin Ingram (small) and I'm not sold on Vinnie Curry just yet.

Coples will be long gone.
    Mercilus should be gone..
    Jones is my guy. He will prove to be a great pick at 32. JPP type talent

2014 Draft:

Just watched a highlight video on Chandler Jones... kid is smooth. He looks a lot like JPP running around and pursuing the ball carrier. Plays with confidence and seems like a silent assassin.

2014 Draft:

Veteran

In the 1st.... I'd be happy with either DE Mercilus/Jones, TE Allen or WR rueben randle..

we get any 1 of those 5 guys in the 1st.. ill be stoked

I could totally see us going DE. It's one thing to be getting old... It's another to be getting old and just won the SB. At some point it would seem you get satisfied. Nothing scientific.