+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Black Eye For Baseball

the Legal system my friends.

All the lawyer needs is that one flaw or failure and that's all she wrote.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

All-Pro

[quote user="gmen46"][quote user="TuckYou"]

Ryan Braun gets away with using PEDs and avoids 50 game ban.</P>

I am a big Braun fan too, and I like the Brew Crew, but this is disgusting to me. He fails a drug test, blames it on something else, and since he won the MVP MLB didnt want to tarnish their title even more. Disgusting. </P>

Im a huge baseball fan, but he got caught cheating and should have to deal with it. Not fair some can cheat and some cant. Manny shouldnt have to have his 50 game suspension now. In fact, give all the records back to McGuire and Barry Bonds. If cheating is now allowed, let em have it. </P>

Black eye for Baseball.</P>

Bud Selig you are a complete moron. </P>

[/quote] Cheating in Baseball? I'm shocked. Shocked! http://youtu.be/T1DEG6BWgp0[/quote]</P>

Cheating in ANY sport is more like it. If you dont think some of our Gmen are doing HGH or the next undetectable substance right now you are nuts. Personally, I think Braun was using something, and paid this guy off to mess with his tests. I could be wrong, of course, but he failed his test. Enough said. How did his testosterone spike 10x the normal amount by sitting in a basement for an extra 24 hours? Something very weird is going on to save face of someone, either Braun or MLB. </P>

This opens up a huge can of worms though.</P>

[quote user="jppmvp90"]braun cheated. end of story and aaron rodgers is a clown
    [/quote] cheater just like mac,bonds,a-rod,manny,popi,rocket etc... just bads for all sports!

[quote user="Voldamort"][quote user="jppmvp90"]braun cheated. end of story and aaron rodgers is a clown
    [/quote] cheater just like mac,bonds<font size="4">,a-rod</font>,manny,popi,<font size="4">rocket</font> etc... just bads for all sports![/quote]

basically...sad about the Yanks in this mess

All-Pro

[quote user="giantyankee1976"][quote user="Voldamort"][quote user="jppmvp90"]braun cheated. end of story and aaron rodgers is a clown
    [/quote] cheater just like mac,bonds<FONT size=4>,a-rod</FONT>,manny,popi,<FONT size=4>rocket</FONT> etc... just bads for all sports![/quote]

[/quote]</P>

Im a Yanks fan, but if you do roids, thats it. If Pettitte can get busted, so can Braun. Arod is a different story. Lots of people hate Arod, and rightfully so. He has a huge ego and is just straight weird at times. </P>

Braun got off the hook because he is Ryan Braun. The media loves him and thinks he is a great guy. Just like Big Papi. He used steroids and his story got completely covered up. They were investigating it, right? Oh nah, he Big Papi! He is a cool fun guy. Lets let it slide. </P>

All-Pro

PHOENIX, Ariz. -- As <FONT color=#3b5998>Ryan Braun</FONT> reported to camp on Friday, <FONT color=#3b5998>Brewers</FONT> player representative <FONT color=#3b5998>Chris Narveson</FONT> said there have been issues with drug testing before in Milwaukee.

Specifically, with one of his own tests shortly after last summer's All-Star Game.

<SPAN style="TEXT-DECORATION: underline">"Mine was more of a failure to communicate that I was getting tested," Narveson said Friday morning. "You're walking out the door in your street clothes an hour-and-a-half after the game and they come up to you and say, 'We forgot to tell you, you're getting tested.</SPAN>

<SPAN style="TEXT-DECORATION: underline">"Errors like that can't happen."</SPAN>

Narveson added: "It's interesting, that's two instances for us with the same group of guys testing. .... One time can be an aberration."

The pitchers said that after he was collared late for testing when leaving the ballpark after already dressing, that they tightened things up "and tried to make sure they notified us" more promptly after a game.

Still, Narveson said the players firmly support drug testing. They just want things done right.

"I don't think there are flaws in the system," Narveson said. "If they follow protocol the whole way, I don't think we have an issue."

But he pointed out that the testers did not follow protocol with him. And, of course, a large part of Braun's dispute was that his specimen sat at the tester's home for more than 48 hours before being shipped where it was supposed to go.

<SPAN style="TEXT-DECORATION: underline">"Ryan's sample sat for 48 hours," Narveson said. "Anybody can do anything [to] it."</SPAN>

Narveson and several Brewers also sharply criticized the system for allowing a leak in the first place. News of Braun testing positive for synthetic testosterone leaked to ESPN in December.

"Now that we look back, if this didn't get out, nobody hears about it," Narveson said. "Braun comes in today and there's four or five reporters saying, 'How was your off-season?'"

----

Ok, so basically, he is upset the random test was too random and they didnt give him apropriate amount of time to make sure everything is clean in his body?

Also, anyone can do anything to it? Really? So 24 hours no one can do anything to it but that extra 24 hours, thats where people do anything to it....

What a load of crock.

Sounds like he is covering for the players, which I am 100% sure he is.

[quote user="TuckYou"]

[quote user="giantyankee1976"][quote user="Voldamort"][quote user="jppmvp90"]braun cheated. end of story and aaron rodgers is a clown
    [/quote] cheater just like mac,bonds<font size="4">,a-rod</font>,manny,popi,<font size="4">rocket</font> etc... just bads for all sports![/quote]

[/quote]</p>

Im a Yanks fan, but if you do roids, thats it. If Pettitte can get busted, so can Braun. Arod is a different story. Lots of people hate Arod, and rightfully so. He has a huge ego and is just straight weird at times. </p>

Braun got off the hook because he is Ryan Braun. The media loves him and thinks he is a great guy. Just like Big Papi. He used steroids and his story got completely covered up. They were investigating it, right? Oh nah, he Big Papi! He is a cool fun guy. Lets let it slide. </p>[/quote]

i agree with you on all counts both Yankee or Red Sox.

Braun is a media darling, and I used to like him too, before all this happened.

All-Pro

[quote user="giantyankee1976"][quote user="TuckYou"]

[/quote] cheater just like mac,bonds<FONT size=4>,a-rod</FONT>,manny,popi,<FONT size=4>rocket</FONT> etc... just bads for all sports![/quote]

[/quote]</P>

Im a Yanks fan, but if you do roids, thats it. If Pettitte can get busted, so can Braun. Arod is a different story. Lots of people hate Arod, and rightfully so. He has a huge ego and is just straight weird at times. </P>

Braun got off the hook because he is Ryan Braun. The media loves him and thinks he is a great guy. Just like Big Papi. He used steroids and his story got completely covered up. They were investigating it, right? Oh nah, he Big Papi! He is a cool fun guy. Lets let it slide. </P>

[/quote]

i agree with you on all counts both Yankee or Red Sox.

Braun is a media darling, and I used to like him too, before all this happened.

[/quote]</P>

I just think this goes to show you the roid era isnt over, it just got smarter. Drug detectors will never be on the same playing field as the drug makers. </P>

[quote user="TuckYou"]I just think this goes to show you the roid era isnt over, it just got smarter. Drug detectors will never be on the same playing field as the drug makers. </P>[/quote]

that's what sucks too.

Let's see if Braun does the "Mac" or "Aroid"

meaning: does his HRs and slugging pct dip "inexplicably?" (wink-wink)

All-Pro

[quote user="giantyankee1976"][quote user="TuckYou"]I just think this goes to show you the roid era isnt over, it just got smarter. Drug detectors will never be on the same playing field as the drug makers.

</P>

[/quote] that's what sucks too. Let's see if Braun does the "Mac" or "Aroid" meaning: does his HRs and slugging pct dip "inexplicably?" (wink-wink)[/quote]</P>

Well to be honest, Mac and Arod's HR numbers would of started declining at their ages anyway, even without the stuff. Braun is only 27. He should still bein the primefor another 4-5 years. </P>