+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Veteran

Possible solution to a heavily disscused issue

SLB MLB WLB

Jon GoffChase BlackburnMichael Boley

( Jones )( Herzlich)(J.Williams)

We don't need to spend a high draft pick on a reaching MLB. the best ones are gone by 32. Put Kiwi back with his hands in the Dirt on the rotation, we'll have two knowledgable signal callers in goff and blackburn. Goff can shoot gaps and protect the run very well and blackburn is an above average cover guy that just has a knack for playing MLB and he can get guys lined up and aduibled.

Lets face it Luke KuechlyandDont'a Hightower are not gonig to be there at 32, and burficit is not our answer to MLB lets be honest about that one too; Manti Te'o will be available next year. just saying it makes sense right now address other issues and draft a depth or asteal/bust guy in later rounds like....James-Michael Johnson in the 4th or 5th

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Re: Possible solution to a heavily disscused issue

You forgot Paysinger and Sintim...

we have a lot of LBs..Strike that... Blackburn and Goff need to be resigned first. They are both UFAs.

Zak DeOssie is also a LB, but he's mostly on special teams.

[quote user="NYGRealityCheck"]You forgot Paysinger and Sintim... we have a lot of LBs..Strike that... Blackburn and Goff need to be resigned first. They are both UFAs. Zak DeOssie is also a LB, but he's mostly on special teams.[/quote]

DeOssie hasn't been a LB for the past 2 seasons. He's solely a LS and ST. Last I heard he doen't even attend LB meetings any longer.

Veteran

Being entirely too lazy to look, I'm pretty sure Sintim is gone.

[quote user="NYGRealityCheck"]You forgot Paysinger and Sintim...

we have a lot of LBs..Strike that... Blackburn and Goff need to be resigned first. They are both UFAs.

Zak DeOssie is also a LB, but he's mostly on special teams.[/quote]

Veteran

Ug, I did just look. You're totally right. My bad.

[quote user="NYGRealityCheck"]You forgot Paysinger and Sintim...

Zak DeOssie is also a LB, but he's mostly on special teams.[/quote]

[quote user="Drez"]

[quote user="NYGRealityCheck"]You forgot Paysinger and Sintim... we have a lot of LBs..Strike that... Blackburn and Goff need to be resigned first. They are both UFAs. Zak DeOssie is also a LB, but he's mostly on special teams.[/quote]

DeOssie hasn't been a LB for the past 2 seasons. He's solely a LS and ST. Last I heard he doen't even attend LB meetings any longer.

[/quote]

i agree with you. He's listed positionally as a LB on espn, wiki, and probably a bunch of other sites.
    On nfl.com, cbs, and probably a bunch of other sites as well, he's listed as a LS. :>

[quote user="rainierjef"]

SLB MLB WLB

Jon GoffChase BlackburnMichael Boley

( Jones )( Herzlich)(J.Williams)

We don't need to spend a high draft pick on a reaching MLB. the best ones are gone by 32. Put Kiwi back with his hands in the Dirt on the rotation, we'll have two knowledgable signal callers in goff and blackburn. Goff can shoot gaps and protect the run very well and blackburn is an above average cover guy that just has a knack for playing MLB and he can get guys lined up and aduibled.

Lets face it Luke KuechlyandDont'a Hightower are not gonig to be there at 32, and burficit is not our answer to MLB lets be honest about that one too; Manti Te'o will be available next year. just saying it makes sense right now address other issues and draft a depth or asteal/bust guy in later rounds like....James-Michael Johnson in the 4th or 5th

[/quote]Agreed. I think Goff would do fine at Sam backer with Blackburn at Mike and Boley at the Will. Then on passing downs, take out Goff and Blackburn, and bring in JWill to play alongside Boley.

I say keep our pass rush fierce and fresh, and add to the secondary. Like you said Kuechly and even Hightower may be gone at 32. If JamesMichael Johnson is on Jerry's radarin the 4th or 5th, so be it. I also like that Jerry Franklin backer from Arkansas, maybe in the 5th rd.

First and foremost, Goff and Blackburn need to be re-signed.

Perry Fewell is out there playing Tecmo Bowl defense with just 4 plays you can pick from on the remote control.
    --sharick88

I agree.Blackburn is our MLB.And we have 4 young LB's on the roster.And if Osi's not here next year,which unfortunately I think will happen,Kiwi moves back to his natural DE position.Thataboy Rain,give Chase some love.He's earned it.

You want to take Blackburn out on passing situations?He made the only memorable LB interceptions I remember all year against Rodger's and Brady.Yeah,I know Hernandez beat him for a TD in the SB,but no MLB could cover him in that situation.Blackburn plays everydown for me.Any MLB who intercepts a pass 50 yards downfield stays on the field on my team.I've said it before,i'll say it again.I've never seen a MLB intercept a pass 50 yards downfield.It was one of the best plays I've ever seen a MLB make.No secondary help whatsoever.If ever there was a recipe for a blown coverage,this was it.Put it this way.Could you picture HOF'er Harry Carson making this play.Me neither.Probably not Harry either.Chase ain't Carson.But he's my MLB next year and beyond.That he's our best special teamer is just gravy.

Veteran

i'm talking about soild depth i dont think we go into the season with 9 LB's especially if we draft one late. so its going to be a fight for a spot between Paysinger / sintim and possibly Herz/jones.

Like i said we don't need to look into FA / draft high for a LB we can build from within house putting Kiwi back in the dirt also caters too the fans that want to trade Osi. Frankly i say keep all our DE's but thats just me.

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg