Re: gmen0820 First Mock

[quote user="gmen0820"]1. Andre Branch, DE
    2. Doug Martin, RB
    3. Nate Potter, OT
    4. Nigel Bradham, LB
    5. Derek Wolfe, DT
    6. Matt Reynolds, OG/OT
    7. Donte Paige-Moss, DE[/quote]

1) I think we can do better with the #1 pick but being a Giants fan, I can certainly understand why you went the available DE with this pick.

2) Probably not available by the end of the second. Good pick if he is ... however I'm not sure the Giants are looking to go RB with a Day 1 pick.

3) Good solid pick and I like Potter. Might be a slight reach since he can probably be had in the 4th.

4) Bradham probably won't be here at the 4th but a good pick of he is (you could probably realistically reverse your 3 and 4 picks and hit a winner).

5) Don't like this pick. Doesn't have the size/strength to be a load in the middle and doesn't have the explosiveness to blow past NFL Guards/Centers. And we run a 3 DE spread on passing downs anyway.

6) Decent choice but we already got Potter in the 3rd and we have a fair amount of depth at OG. I'm thinking TE or WR might make more sense here since you haven't addressed them.

7) I like this pick as a project ... mental issues aside. However we went DE in the first and we have depth at that position ... bit overkill here (even for the Giants).
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Dude be realistic Andre Branch is not a first rounder AT ALL.!!!

1. Dwayne Allen: TE Clemson
    2. Kelechi Osemele: OT/OG Iowa State 6'6 335
    3. Billy Winn, DE/DT, Boise State
    4 Ryan Broyles, WR/PR, Oklahoma
    5. Nigel Bradham, LB Florida State
    6. Robert Turbin, RB, Utah State
    7. Janzen Jackson, S, McNeese State

2. Doug Martin, RB
    3. Nate Potter, OT
    4. Nigel Bradham, LB
    5. Derek Wolfe, DT
    6. Matt Reynolds, OG/OT
    7. Donte Paige-Moss, DE[/quote] the Giants will have more picks than just seven,Coefield,Boss,Smith etc.. they should get more picks in the 6 or7th round?

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="gmen0820"]1. Andre Branch, DE
    2. Doug Martin, RB
    3. Nate Potter, OT
    4. Nigel Bradham, LB
    5. Derek Wolfe, DT
    6. Matt Reynolds, OG/OT

1) I think we can do better with the #1 pick but being a Giants fan, I can certainly understand why you went the available DE with this pick.

2) Probably not available by the end of the second. Good pick if he is ... however I'm not sure the Giants are looking to go RB with a Day 1 pick.

3) Good solid pick and I like Potter. Might be a slight reach since he can probably be had in the 4th.

4) Bradham probably won't be here at the 4th but a good pick of he is (you could probably realistically reverse your 3 and 4 picks and hit a winner).

5) Don't like this pick. Doesn't have the size/strength to be a load in the middle and doesn't have the explosiveness to blow past NFL Guards/Centers. And we run a 3 DE spread on passing downs anyway.

6) Decent choice but we already got Potter in the 3rd and we have a fair amount of depth at OG. I'm thinking TE or WR might make more sense here since you haven't addressed them.

7) I like this pick as a project ... mental issues aside. However we went DE in the first and we have depth at that position ... bit overkill here (even for the Giants).[/quote]I left out supplemental picks. Was gonna wait until those were released to give a more accurate positional plan.

I do see us drafting a WR, TE and safety as well.

[quote user="gmen0820"][quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="gmen0820"]1. Andre Branch, DE
    2. Doug Martin, RB
    3. Nate Potter, OT
    4. Nigel Bradham, LB
    5. Derek Wolfe, DT
    6. Matt Reynolds, OG/OT

7) I like this pick as a project ... mental issues aside. However we went DE in the first and we have depth at that position ... bit overkill here (even for the Giants).[/quote]I left out supplemental picks. Was gonna wait until those were released to give a more accurate positional plan.

I do see us drafting a WR, TE and safety as well.[/quote] Jerry has a plan the drive to go back to back,one for the thumb!

2. Doug Martin, RB
    3. Nate Potter, OT
    4. Nigel Bradham, LB
    5. Derek Wolfe, DT
    6. Matt Reynolds, OG/OT

Does Doug Martin have any sort of fumbling issue?
    "...two minute drill at the end of each quarter, Ya'know with the wind like this blowing mooch and marshall into the ocean...If that's behind me I think were getting 3 from 70 so holla at your boy. IF YOU DON"T PICK ME THAT'S A JOKE RIGHT?" - Justin Tucker, Ravens kicker

Complain?, ain't Nobody got time for dat!

GO GIANTS!

[quote user="GmenFan1980"][quote user="gmen0820"]1. Andre Branch, DE
    2. Doug Martin, RB
    3. Nate Potter, OT
    4. Nigel Bradham, LB
    5. Derek Wolfe, DT
    6. Matt Reynolds, OG/OT

Does Doug Martin have any sort of fumbling issue?[/quote]8 fumbles in 50 career games, 6 of them lost.

But with his work ethic, there is no reason Coughlin can't bring that to the absolute minimum.

Matt Reynolds was actually one of the guys I was considering for my mock. I like the value he brings to the table that late in the draft.

[quote user="gmen0820"][quote user="GmenFan1980"][quote user="gmen0820"]1. Andre Branch, DE
    2. Doug Martin, RB
    3. Nate Potter, OT
    4. Nigel Bradham, LB
    5. Derek Wolfe, DT
    6. Matt Reynolds, OG/OT

Does Doug Martin have any sort of fumbling issue?[/quote]8 fumbles in 50 career games, 6 of them lost.

But with his work ethic, there is no reason Coughlin can't bring that to the absolute minimum.[/quote]

Ok, I just asked cause we seem to have a couple backs who have fumbling issues already.

Just wanted to see if we would be drafting another lol :P
    "...two minute drill at the end of each quarter, Ya'know with the wind like this blowing mooch and marshall into the ocean...If that's behind me I think were getting 3 from 70 so holla at your boy. IF YOU DON"T PICK ME THAT'S A JOKE RIGHT?" - Justin Tucker, Ravens kicker

Complain?, ain't Nobody got time for dat!

GO GIANTS!

+ Reply to Thread