+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Manningham / Giants Can't Come to Terms

http://www.fantasysp.com/player/nfl/...er-free-agency

It's being reported that MM and the Giants couldn't work out a deal so MM will indeed hit the FA market.

Not really surprising.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Re: Manningham / Giants Can't Come to Terms

NICE CATCH,MM NEXT UP!!!

I'm sure the Giants fair offer was like 3-4 mil per year, if that.

Our only hope is that he hits the market and like Bradshaw, comes galloping home.

Then again, maybe like Derrick Ward, we don't take him back, because we have already replaced him with, say Steve Smith, or have moved on with the idea of Barden or Jernigan playing significantly more snaps.

Much success to him. Except vs Big Blue...

Mario, Mario, Mario,

Get your signing bonus from someone and fall into obscurity, you have a great opporutinty to play with one of the best QB's in the league along with a great supporting cast with Nicks and Cruz, but you choose be greedy, look at the others that left the GMEN looking for the Golden Goose, where are they now.

Take a decent offer and be in the playoffs on a regular basis or play for a wanna be play off team.

Don't understand how a player who got where they are because of the love of the game, all to turn it all away for money, I am sure the GMEN gave him a fair deal which would have set him up forever with a 4 year deal.

Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

All-Pro

I think this was obvious.

We have no cap room, and MM will get a big payday from a team with 40+M free.

[quote user="Joe Morrison"]

Mario, Mario, Mario,

Get your signing bonus from someone and fall into obscurity, you have a great opporutinty to play with one of the best QB's in the league along with a great supporting cast with Nicks and Cruz, but you choose be greedy, look at the others that left the GMEN looking for the Golden Goose, where are they now.

Take a decent offer and be in the playoffs on a regular basis or play for a wanna be play off team.

Don't understand how a player who got where they are because of the love of the game, all to turn it all away for money, I am sure the GMEN gave him a fair deal which would have set him up forever with a 4 year deal.

[/quote]
    It's his career. If you get offered more money to do what you do, you usually accept. It's basically a promotion.
    Mario has a Super Bowl ring and a highlight grab which will be replayed for many years to come - what else does he need other than cash?

[quote user="Flip Empty"][quote user="Joe Morrison"]

Mario, Mario, Mario,

[/quote]
    It's his career. If you get offered more money to do what you do, you usually accept. It's basically a promotion.
    Mario has a Super Bowl ring and a highlight grab which will be replayed for many years to come - what else does he need other than cash?[/quote]

Legacy.

Hall of Fame.

Satisfying career.

Post-NFL career options.

It's not like MM hasn't already made more money then you probably will have made in your life, or will probably more than quadruple that figure over the course of the rest of his career (with or without the Giants).

Of course most people his age aren't going to think in that regard and indeed, the more money (independant of its irrelevance) may be his driving motivation.

Shrug.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="Flip Empty"][quote user="Joe Morrison"]

Mario, Mario, Mario,

[/quote]
    Mario has a Super Bowl ring and a highlight grab which will be replayed for many years to come - what else does he need other than cash?[/quote]

Legacy.

Hall of Fame.

Satisfying career.

Post-NFL career options.

It's not like MM hasn't already made more money then you probably will have made in your life, or will probably more than quadruple that figure over the course of the rest of his career (with or without the Giants).

Of course most people his age aren't going to think in that regard and indeed, the more money (independant of its irrelevance) may be his driving motivation.

Shrug.[/quote]
    I really don't blame players for taking the money when it's offered. One bad play and their career could be over. If they're only on a minimal, incentive-based contract when that happens, they're basically screwed.
    It's the same position Kevin Boss was in last season. They want to come back, but at the same time they have to do what's best for them.

Anyway, for all we know, Manningham could still achieve those things - no-one knows where he's going to end up yet.

...the Patriots are in the market for a deep threat, and they have a penchant for signing players who've burned them in the past.

I'd take that pay to be on a playoff team in a heart beat.

Unfortunately, these players care a lot about the money.

Good for him though, I hope he does well somewhere else if he gets that opportunity