+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Will Tampa try to sign Manningham now?

Since it looks like bye all means Manningham will not be resigned and Sullivan the new Offensive Coordinator, do you think Tampa becomes involved in trying to sign Manningham?

Re: Will Tampa try to sign Manningham now?

yes they have a ton of cap space left maybe 60 million to spend big time cash!

Wow, to be honest I could see Manningham in a Tampa jersey, and especially with their cap space I can see it happening.

Next man up, let's go Jernigan/Thomas/hopefully Hixon?/Barden

Yep, very possible. And Tampa does seem to like ex Giants... Ike Hilliard, Derrick Ward, Matt Bryant, Luke Pettigout...

That'd be stupid to overpay for Mario.

Tampa should go for VJax, or Colston. Probably 4 mil per year more than Manningham, but VJax is a true #1, vertical threat and red zone threat. Couple that with fact that Freeman has a live arm, and it's scary.

Colston allows them to weaken a division foe and strengthen their own squad.

Rio makes pretty good sense for them given who their OC is. He, Williams and Winslow would make a nice trio of targets.
    All Hail The New York Giants!!

Some Bucs fans are definitely seeing it as a natural choice with Sullivan there. BTW, an interesting comment from several Bucs fans regarding their request to talk to Gilbride Jr about their qb coach position. They sided with the Giants and thought it was rude for Bucs to ask to talk with him after they hired Sullivan. Pretty classy.

Meh, let him go to Trampa Bay. I've always been a huge Manningham fan, but right now he's a #3 option at WR that makes a lot of mental mistakes in games and still has route running issues.

Don't get me wrong, I still think he's a great receiver and with a good QB, has the ability to tear it up, but if he wants to go for more money or to be a #1 or #2 option, I say more power to him.

Do I think he could possibly have a better career in NYC, yeah. Manning throwing you the ball is a heck of a lot better then Freeman throwing you the ball. But then again, more snaps means more opportunities and he'll get that somewhere else.

I am sure they will look at him.

We play TB next year no?

Imagine Rio in Tampa lighting us up...