+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Am i the only one happy with the LB crew?

I admit before the season i was like oh ****...thats the biggest weakness...but after the season i dont see it...i just dont agree with spending money or drafting a LB high

I dont think we are GREAT..but with the Fewell defense we dont have too....Boley has been GREAT...and blackburn played the pierce role awesome this year.... maybe not athletically but i believe his presence improves the defense..... rotate him/goff at MLB what else do we need??? on the other side we have Kiwi....he was solid ....and that position isnt used much with fewell....then we have Depth.... herz,williams,jones.......all who were rookies....we dont need anymore youngins...let them climb up the ladder....

If we dont resign grant i think safety #3 becomes a bigger issue...

In terms of draft..even though we have an explosive offense...i like taking fleener at TE with #32.... especially with MM hitting free agency.....Eli is in his absolute prime....get him his targets....fleener/ballard by the middle of the season will be a nice 2 TE attack...plus extra blocking for Eli is always a positive......

Then the biggest issue is the Offensive line....besides his big butt on shotgun i think boothe is the deserving starting center.....but thats not happening lets hope Baas improves.... Kmac is gone...switch the lineup ...put deihl where he is best at... i would like too see petrus get a shot..... and will beatty be the real thing ??? idk

Re: Am i the only one happy with the LB crew?

I'm with you. Despite it being a really good LB class, unless someone great falls to the giants I think they should stock up at other positions of need. OL, DB primarily.

LB is still a need but I do believe they have some good ones on the roster that deserve a shot.

For what its worth, I agree with you on the LBs and just about everything else. I thought at the beginning of the season that Williams was going to be great and he was.And I really liked what the other LBs were doing, but it does take time and I think the potential and talent is there and we need to let them play.

My first choice in the draft would be TE and I love Fleener. After that, its OL and then best player available.

Regardless, our average MLB is fresh off IR & one of our DEs is being forced to play SLB....adding another LB is a must

[quote user="wolfie"]

For what its worth, I agree with you on the LBs and just about everything else. I thought at the beginning of the season that Williams was going to be great and he was.*And I really liked what the other LBs were doing, but it does take time and I think the potential and talent is there and we need to let them play.

My first choice in the draft would be TE and I love Fleener. After that, its OL and then best player available.

[/quote]

Yea I want fleener...Eli will most likely lose a big target in MM...but if Fleener is serious...Manning will have another target in a different position that wont be restricted to being behind 2 all pro wr's ahead of him....plus he could be a safety net for Eli....idk i just think getting a TE and having 2 decent-great TE's will just make Eli way too deadly...... Big play QB with the option to dink and dunk like Brady....Just too many positives

[quote user="myles2424"]Regardless, our average MLB is fresh off IR & one of our DEs is being forced to play SLB....adding another LB is a must[/quote]

well this is where i disagree....yea goff is off an injury but like i said blackburn played the pierce role nicely.... keep blackburn and bring goff in slowly..... and kiwi did solid...i do agree hes more of a DE....but thats a nice problem too have....and we still have j.will who did good in his rookie year...i dont want too bury the rooks just yet...

OL is a must.... not LB ...not even close

All-Pro

Boley is very good, Kiwi needs to be a starter, so LB allows us to accomplish that and he is great vs. the run and when used on the D-line he gives us yet another solid pass rusher<P>

Goff showed some good progress last year, so if he can pick up where he left off, we may have a solid ILB<P>

J. Williams showed good progress at LB playing in obvious passing downs<P>

we should be able to keep Blackburn on the team fairly cheap<P>

we are certain to draft antother and we still have younger LBs we are trying to develop<P>

having said all that, if we decided to bring in a veteran guy that is great in the locker room and in the defensive huddle ... well, i certainly wouldn't complain ... in the NFL if you are not moving forward, then you are moving backwards

I would like to see a LB that can rush the passer (LT light) as I expect Osi will leave and the D-line will be hard pressed to repeat what they did the last part of the saeson. Offensive Right Tackle has to be addressed as this team goes only as far as Eli's arm will carry them. He can't take the hits that KMac was giving up at the end of the year.

[quote user="TroyArcher"]I would like to see a LB that can rush the passer (LT light) as I expect Osi will leave and the D-line will be hard pressed to repeat what they did the last part of the saeson.* Offensive Right Tackle has to be addressed as this team goes only as far as Eli's arm will carry them.* He can't take the hits that KMac was giving up at the end of the year.*[/quote] why do you expect osi to leave? Nobodys going to offer a trade that's worth it, he's still under contract, & if the giants reworked his deal he could actually get what he wants & his cap hit this year could even be less than it would be normally

[quote user="myles2424"][quote user="TroyArcher"]I would like to see a LB that can rush the passer (LT light) as I expect Osi will leave and the D-line will be hard pressed to repeat what they did the last part of the saeson. Offensive Right Tackle has to be addressed as this team goes only as far as Eli's arm will carry them. He can't take the hits that KMac was giving up at the end of the year.[/quote] why do you expect osi to leave? Nobodys going to offer a trade that's worth it, he's still under contract, & if the giants reworked his deal he could actually get what he wants & his cap hit this year could even be less than it would be normally[/quote]

I hope you are right. It would be nice to keep them in tact.