+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Re: OFFICAL 2012 NFL COMBINE THREAD (anything and everything combine)

[quote user="Seducer"][quote user="heavyhitter"]Stephen Hill, GT, 6"4, 215 lbs, 4.3 40, WOW!! Kid just boosted up the charts & made money. These GT WR's have been very impressive over the past few years for playing in a triple option offense.
    [/quote]

Seemed to catch the ball well too
    [/quote]Yep, out of all these receivers today, Stephen Hill & Michael Floyd have been the most impressive during drills up to this point. For a top 5 overall pick, Blackmon hasn't looked the sharpest.

[quote user="juice33s"]I'm surprised how heavy Orson Charles weighed in at 251.....The guys only 6'2" buts all muscle and is probably the most athletic TE in the draft.

I could see him being a devastatingly effective FB/H-back/TE/slot receiver at the next level. There are so many different looks you can give with that guy and really adds a unique dimension to the offense.

Right now I still have FLeener at #1, but imo when the combine is said and done Charles will have over taken Allen at #2
    [/quote] Can get him in the second round?

[quote user="Voldamort"][quote user="juice33s"]I'm surprised how heavy Orson Charles weighed in at 251.....The guys only 6'2" buts all muscle and is probably the most athletic TE in the draft.

I could see him being a devastatingly effective FB/H-back/TE/slot receiver at the next level. There are so many different looks you can give with that guy and really adds a unique dimension to the offense.

Right now I still have FLeener at #1, but imo when the combine is said and done Charles will have over taken Allen at #2
    [/quote] Can get him in the second round?[/quote]
    Orson Charles hurt himself by not fully participating in the combine and Allen hurt himself by participating, 1 of the 2 will probably be available at 64 and Charles pro day will go a long way in deciding which one

What's up w/ Alshon Jeffrey not running or participating in drills?

Adams is listed as having a 4.44 so that didn't hurt how highly I have him rated.

A guy I've been talking about a lot, BJ Cunningham ran a 4.47 which is pretty good for his size.

Done w/ the 1st group of WR's. Most people knock the ACC, but the top 5 receiver 40 times all came from ACC teams. I'm still kinda surprised w/ what Joe Adams ran

[quote user="critters"]Adams is listed as having a 4.44 so that didn't hurt how highly I have him rated. A guy I've been talking about a lot, BJ Cunningham ran a 4.47 which is pretty good for his size.[/quote] If Cunningham ran a 4.47 its huge for him, because speed was a knock on him... I've also brought him up a handful of times as a WR i'd not mind having and a guy kinda over looked who has a chance to be pretty solid as a pro..

and what do u know, Doug Martin again impresses by tying for lead in the Bench press for RB's... Dudes a beast, and thats why hes my 2nd rated RB ... Hes freaking awesome

[quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]Please let us get out hands on Doug Martin RB Boise St!! I'm telling ya, this kids next in line of the MJD and Ray Rice type backs.. Hes my 2nd rated RB, in my personal rankings...[/quote]Lamar Miller & David Wilson have got the edge over Martin IMO.
    [/quote]not to me they don't.. Not even close really.. I'm not that high on either Lamar Miller or David Wilson, all though i'd certainly be intrigued if we were to get em... Doug Martin is a do everything back, who can retrun kicks, as well as be a ray rice type potent reciever outta the backfield, and hes got the kinda build i love for the pro game .. I think if Doug Martin played at Florida or Bama, he'd be a sure 1st rd pick, and to be bluntly honest, i won't be surprised if hes the 2nd RB taken in this draft, as hes that good..[/quote]First off, I like Doug Martin, but he's not on a Lamar Miller or David Wilson type level. Hell, I think Chris Polk may have the edge over Martin and end up being a more productive RB at the next level. Polk isn't a burner like Wilson & Miller but he's got great hands and plays hard. Doug Martin is similar to MJD (not as fast) and will fit in all types of systems, Shotgun, spread, run-heavy, ect. One of the networks compared Martin to Ahmad Bradshaw & I have to agree. Martin isn't a guy you're gonna build your offense around like you would w/ Richardson, Wilson, Miller, ect. Those 3 guys can handle a heavy workload & carry the ball 20 plus times a game. I don't see that w/ Martin at the next level. He'll fit in nicely as a solid complementary back as part of a rotation IMO. With that said, I wouldn't mind the Giants drafting anyone of these studs! This RB class is pretty deep-
    (no order)
    1) Trent Richardson
    2) David Wilson
    3) Lamar Miller
    4) Doug Martin
    5) Chris Polk
    6) LaMichael James
    7) Bernard Pierce
    8) Isaiah Pead
    9) Cyrus Gray
    10) Robert Turpin
    11) Ronnie Hillman
    12) Tauren Poole
    13) Chris Rainey
    14) Darrell Scott
    15) Daniel Herron

[/quote] They said the same thing about MJD and Ray Rice when they slipped to the 2nd rd, and i said the same thing about Ray Rice the yr he came out.. I'll take Doug Martin as the 2nd best RB in this class, and hes pretty darn fast as well... Hes been outstanding on the field, at the Sr Bowl, and now hes making noise at the combine, tying for the high on the bench press for RB's... Hes a beast...

good morning/afternoon gents!

Floyd looked like great today all around! I was surprised that Sanu ran a 4.65 his first time around. But he does have size and big hands. Blackmon didnt look great in the drills.

I know he has had concussion issues at Stanford, but Owusu was fast on his first 40. But I dont know much about Hill from Ga. tech, but he looked good as well. I guess its tough to gauge him since he came from that triple option offense.

One day, not today, not tomorrow, not this season, probably not next season either but one day, you and I are gonna wake up and suddenly we're gonna be like every other team in every other sport where winning is everything and nothing else matters. And when that day comes, well thats, thats when we'll honor them--Jack Lengyel Marshall University