+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Re: OFFICAL 2012 NFL COMBINE THREAD (anything and everything combine)

[quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]Please let us get out hands on Doug Martin RB Boise St!! I'm telling ya, this kids next in line of the MJD and Ray Rice type backs.. Hes my 2nd rated RB, in my personal rankings...[/quote]Lamar Miller & David Wilson have got the edge over Martin IMO.
    [/quote]not to me they don't.. Not even close really.. I'm not that high on either Lamar Miller or David Wilson, all though i'd certainly be intrigued if we were to get em... Doug Martin is a do everything back, who can retrun kicks, as well as be a ray rice type potent reciever outta the backfield, and hes got the kinda build i love for the pro game .. I think if Doug Martin played at Florida or Bama, he'd be a sure 1st rd pick, and to be bluntly honest, i won't be surprised if hes the 2nd RB taken in this draft, as hes that good..[/quote]First off, I like Doug Martin, but he's not on a Lamar Miller or David Wilson type level. Hell, I think Chris Polk may have the edge over Martin and end up being a more productive RB at the next level. Polk isn't a burner like Wilson & Miller but he's got great hands and plays hard. Doug Martin is similar to MJD (not as fast) and will fit in all types of systems, Shotgun, spread, run-heavy, ect. One of the networks compared Martin to Ahmad Bradshaw & I have to agree. Martin isn't a guy you're gonna build your offense around like you would w/ Richardson, Wilson, Miller, ect. Those 3 guys can handle a heavy workload & carry the ball 20 plus times a game. I don't see that w/ Martin at the next level. He'll fit in nicely as a solid complementary back as part of a rotation IMO. With that said, I wouldn't mind the Giants drafting anyone of these studs! This RB class is pretty deep-
    (no order)
    1) Trent Richardson
    2) David Wilson
    3) Lamar Miller
    4) Doug Martin
    5) Chris Polk
    6) LaMichael James
    7) Bernard Pierce
    8) Isaiah Pead
    9) Cyrus Gray
    10) Robert Turpin
    11) Ronnie Hillman
    12) Tauren Poole
    13) Chris Rainey
    14) Darrell Scott
    15) Daniel Herron

[/quote] They said the same thing about MJD and Ray Rice when they slipped to the 2nd rd, and i said the same thing about Ray Rice the yr he came out.. I'll take Doug Martin as the 2nd best RB in this class, and hes pretty darn fast as well... Hes been outstanding on the field, at the Sr Bowl, and now hes making noise at the combine, tying for the high on the bench press for RB's... Hes a beast...[/quote]Who is they?
    [/quote] THEY is the people that let MJD and Ray Rice go into the RD 2 area, because there was no way they were better then guys like Mendenhall, Felix Jones, and Jamal Charles, and for MJD, guys like Deangelo Williams, Joseph Addai and Lendale White.. Thats who "THEY" are...

I think Miller and Wilson are faster than what their 40 times show ( 4.38 and 4.40). Same w/ Chris Rainey (4.37)

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]Please let us get out hands on Doug Martin RB Boise St!! I'm telling ya, this kids next in line of the MJD and Ray Rice type backs.. Hes my 2nd rated RB, in my personal rankings...[/quote]Lamar Miller & David Wilson have got the edge over Martin IMO.
    [/quote]not to me they don't.. Not even close really.. I'm not that high on either Lamar Miller or David Wilson, all though i'd certainly be intrigued if we were to get em... Doug Martin is a do everything back, who can retrun kicks, as well as be a ray rice type potent reciever outta the backfield, and hes got the kinda build i love for the pro game .. I think if Doug Martin played at Florida or Bama, he'd be a sure 1st rd pick, and to be bluntly honest, i won't be surprised if hes the 2nd RB taken in this draft, as hes that good..[/quote]First off, I like Doug Martin, but he's not on a Lamar Miller or David Wilson type level. Hell, I think Chris Polk may have the edge over Martin and end up being a more productive RB at the next level. Polk isn't a burner like Wilson & Miller but he's got great hands and plays hard. Doug Martin is similar to MJD (not as fast) and will fit in all types of systems, Shotgun, spread, run-heavy, ect. One of the networks compared Martin to Ahmad Bradshaw & I have to agree. Martin isn't a guy you're gonna build your offense around like you would w/ Richardson, Wilson, Miller, ect. Those 3 guys can handle a heavy workload & carry the ball 20 plus times a game. I don't see that w/ Martin at the next level. He'll fit in nicely as a solid complementary back as part of a rotation IMO. With that said, I wouldn't mind the Giants drafting anyone of these studs! This RB class is pretty deep-
    (no order)
    1) Trent Richardson
    2) David Wilson
    3) Lamar Miller
    4) Doug Martin
    5) Chris Polk
    6) LaMichael James
    7) Bernard Pierce
    8) Isaiah Pead
    9) Cyrus Gray
    10) Robert Turpin
    11) Ronnie Hillman
    12) Tauren Poole
    13) Chris Rainey
    14) Darrell Scott
    15) Daniel Herron

[/quote] They said the same thing about MJD and Ray Rice when they slipped to the 2nd rd, and i said the same thing about Ray Rice the yr he came out.. I'll take Doug Martin as the 2nd best RB in this class, and hes pretty darn fast as well... Hes been outstanding on the field, at the Sr Bowl, and now hes making noise at the combine, tying for the high on the bench press for RB's... Hes a beast...[/quote]Who is they?
    [/quote] THEY is the people that let MJD and Ray Rice go into the RD 2 area, because there was no way they were better then guys like Mendenhall, Felix Jones, and Jamal Charles, and for MJD, guys like Deangelo Williams, Joseph Addai and Lendale White.. Thats who "THEY" are...[/quote]So "THEY" means NFL teams in general?

[quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]Please let us get out hands on Doug Martin RB Boise St!! I'm telling ya, this kids next in line of the MJD and Ray Rice type backs.. Hes my 2nd rated RB, in my personal rankings...[/quote]Lamar Miller & David Wilson have got the edge over Martin IMO.
    (no order)
    1) Trent Richardson
    2) David Wilson
    3) Lamar Miller
    4) Doug Martin
    5) Chris Polk
    6) LaMichael James
    7) Bernard Pierce
    8) Isaiah Pead
    9) Cyrus Gray
    10) Robert Turpin
    11) Ronnie Hillman
    12) Tauren Poole
    13) Chris Rainey
    14) Darrell Scott
    15) Daniel Herron

[/quote] THEY is the people that let MJD and Ray Rice go into the RD 2 area, because there was no way they were better then guys like Mendenhall, Felix Jones, and Jamal Charles, and for MJD, guys like Deangelo Williams, Joseph Addai and Lendale White.. Thats who "THEY" are...[/quote]So "THEY" means NFL teams in general?
    [/quote] And most So called "draft experts" as well.... Another words, its not always just the "rankings" must be right.. Just watch and look at Doug Martin, and its pretty easy to see hes gonna be a good one..

[quote user="michaelkhan3"]I just came in and saw Tommy Streeter's 40 time and my mind was blown
    [/quote]That's how them guys roll at "THE U" lol, I thought you knew

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]Please let us get out hands on Doug Martin RB Boise St!! I'm telling ya, this kids next in line of the MJD and Ray Rice type backs.. Hes my 2nd rated RB, in my personal rankings...[/quote]Lamar Miller & David Wilson have got the edge over Martin IMO.
    (no order)
    1) Trent Richardson
    2) David Wilson
    3) Lamar Miller
    4) Doug Martin
    5) Chris Polk
    6) LaMichael James
    7) Bernard Pierce
    8) Isaiah Pead
    9) Cyrus Gray
    10) Robert Turpin
    11) Ronnie Hillman
    12) Tauren Poole
    13) Chris Rainey
    14) Darrell Scott
    15) Daniel Herron

[/quote] And most So called "draft experts" as well.... Another words, its not always just the "rankings" must be right.. Just watch and look at Doug Martin, and its pretty easy to see hes gonna be a good one..[/quote]There's no question he's got all the tools to be a good back at the next level, my thing is HOW GOOD WILL HE BE? I know you have him in your "personal rankings" as the #2 RB in the draft. I like Doug Martin, but I think there's a couple guys ahead of him in terms of talent. You seem to be pretty high on Doug Martin, you wanna make a sig bet?

[quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]Please let us get out hands on Doug Martin RB Boise St!! I'm telling ya, this kids next in line of the MJD and Ray Rice type backs.. Hes my 2nd rated RB, in my personal rankings...[/quote]Lamar Miller & David Wilson have got the edge over Martin IMO.
    (no order)
    1) Trent Richardson
    2) David Wilson
    3) Lamar Miller
    4) Doug Martin
    5) Chris Polk
    6) LaMichael James
    7) Bernard Pierce
    8) Isaiah Pead
    9) Cyrus Gray
    10) Robert Turpin
    11) Ronnie Hillman
    12) Tauren Poole
    13) Chris Rainey
    14) Darrell Scott
    15) Daniel Herron

[/quote] And most So called "draft experts" as well.... Another words, its not always just the "rankings" must be right.. Just watch and look at Doug Martin, and its pretty easy to see hes gonna be a good one..[/quote]There's no question he's got all the tools to be a good back at the next level, my thing is HOW GOOD WILL HE BE? I know you have him in your "personal rankings" as the #2 RB in the draft. I like Doug Martin, but I think there's a couple guys ahead of him in terms of talent. You seem to be pretty high on Doug Martin, you wanna make a sig bet?
    [/quote] We'll just remeber now what we say, and give the other there props if there right.. I"m telling you, Doug martin is gonna be ridicluously hard to tackle with that center of gravity and on top of that, hes got serious shiftieness as well.. The thing is, it'll probably take a yr or 2 like it did for Ray Rice before his team realizes "screw that, this kids our 25carry back!". ya know? Unless Rice and MJD did enough all ready to shake the perception of the short guys having to be split the load backs?

Any one know why Lamar Miller isn't doing the drills?

So now that Martin ran a 4.47 do we consider him at 32. Reese always likes to go BPA and if he's anything like MJD and Rice it could be a major addition to our team

Just gotta say, as a whole, this is 1 seriously fast RB class.

Conversely, this is a pretty slow WR class as a whole.