+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Re: OFFICAL 2012 NFL COMBINE THREAD (anything and everything combine)

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]Cox didnt run a 4.68- 4.69 like I thought. He ran a 4.79. However his 10 yard split of 1.63 was tied for the second best time of all the lineman through the first run. The same 10 yard split as Bruce Irvin and Coples at 298 pounds. The same as Lamichael James as well.Andre Branch was the fastest as a 1.56. A Split like that is incredible for a big guy. He is going to be a nasty inside pass rusher[/quote]

He passes the eye test too. He just looks strong, even among his peers.
    [/quote] Ya, there is no surprise with Fletcher Cox from me, i expected him to be a beast, i've been raving about Cox for quite awhile now.... Hes the complete package, and his strength is really underrated, and hes got the motor to go with that strength.. He just looks ripped is what i was saying well before this combine, and well before he did 30reps on the press with 34.5in arms.. I've had him right there with Devon Still weeks, and probably even a month ago.. Basically once i really started becoming familiar with Cox, is when i've started raving about him, and putting him up there with Whitney Mercilus and a couple others, as guys i dream the giants will have a chance at in the draft...

[quote user="Neverend"]I love martin too. So polished, always plays low, and is just as good as richardson at breaking/bouncing off tackles at a consistent level. really wish rb was a need this year. organization seems content with jacobs =[[/quote] Ya, but u would think we'd be pretty sure that this would be the last yr they can trust BJ's skills, and possibly draft his successor, and even have em as the 3rd down back behind AB and BJ... Doug Martin will be gone before we pick in RD 2, and that guy is my dream back, but there is plenty of other sensational backs, like Pead, Turbin, Ballard, and so on and so fourth, who could fit nicely as our 3rd back, and future 2, and possibly future 1...

Fletcher Cox, DE/DT, Mississippi State
    Warren Sapp called Fletcher Cox "his guy." Cox was highly impressive at the Combine, running a 4.79 40 with a 1.63 10-yard split despite measuring in at 6-4, 298. Cox also benched 30 reps despite having 34 1/2-inch arms. To top it off, he was terrific in the field drills. He could be chosen in the first half this April.

Veteran

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]Ya, i'm good with that dude.. I'm just gonna watch and see what happens.. Its not a bet im interested in really.. Thanks for asking though... I'll take the bowling ball 5ft 9in 223lb 4.47 40 kid who catches the ball and returns kicks as well, but some teams are looking for a speedster, like David Wilson, who will lose huge chunks of yards trying to make something outta nothing sometimes, but also break a big one at any time.. Its basically all in what your looking for or want or need in a back...I personally love Ray Rice/ MJD/ Doug Martin type backs.. Some like Shady McCoy/ Cj Spiller/ David Wilson type backs.. Its all in what u want and need or have for that matter..[/quote]I like backs that can play football, point blank. And in this draft, there's plenty of those backs including TRich, Lamar Miller, David Wilson, Doug Martin, ect. I don't have a personal preference in playing styles like you stated above. Oh well, I guess there's no SIG BET. You're soft Sportzfan! j/k
    [/quote] Ya, don't get me wrong, i like "football" players more then anyone probably on these boards.. I just feel the MJD/ Ray Rice/ D.Martin type backs, are so freaking dominant, because they just can do everything, and have body types, that for the most part, keep them healthy, becasue of how thick they are, that its really enticing.. Doug Martin just seems to me like a guy whos gonna be a workhorse, and can pretty much do anything u ask, include return kicks... With the offense we run, i think a bowling ball fits better, then a outside running speedster, which is what david wilson is..[/quote]

Agreed. Also, the low, thick, bowling ball guys are just plain hard to tackle. Yeah, he might not break one, but I'll take a steady diet of 5.5ypc over runs of 1,-1,0,4,0,20. Oh, and Martin can catch.

I'm also warming to Rob Turbin as well (unsurprising as they're very similar players)

[quote user="nycsportzfan"] Fletcher Cox, DE/DT, Mississippi State
    Warren Sapp called Fletcher Cox "his guy." Cox was highly impressive at the Combine, running a 4.79 40 with a 1.63 10-yard split despite measuring in at 6-4, 298. Cox also benched 30 reps despite having 34 1/2-inch arms. To top it off, he was terrific in the field drills. He could be chosen in the first half this April.
    [/quote]nyc, I did not watch all of todays combine yet. I watched some of the LBs 40s and drills. I did see some of the D-Line highlights and was very impressed in Cox and Poe.

You think Cox could be there at 32? If Reese sees him as BPA, I can see him a Giant, regardless of need at TE and OT. I see Poe going to a 3-4 team that needs a NT. The Steelers come to mind, but I can see the Texans or Chargers being in play for Poe as well.

Perry Fewell is out there playing Tecmo Bowl defense with just 4 plays you can pick from on the remote control.
    --sharick88

[quote user="tonyt830"]

[/quote]nyc, I did not watch all of todays combine yet.* I watched some of the LBs 40s and drills.* I did see some of the D-Line highlights and was very impressed in Cox and Poe.

You think Cox could be there at 32?* If Reese sees him as BPA, I can see him a Giant, regardless of need at TE and OT.* I see Poe going to a 3-4 team that needs a NT.* The Steelers come to mind, but I can see the Texans or Chargers being in play for Poe as well.

[/quote]

I think its a possibility. Its getting highly redundant hearing the whole "a lock for top 20" stuff with every impressive combine participant. There's the top 12 locks and 20 picks afterwards. Definitely believe a Cox could easily fall into the mid-late 20s. Cant see Cox getting past New England

[quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]Burficts 2nd attempt a 5.10 There is no way he goes in the first round he may fall into the middle rounds[/quote]

I remember a couple years ago when Brandon Spikes ran a 5.0 how devastating it was to his stock. Brandon's tape was 100x better than Burficts and he was 1000x the leader Bufict is.

I actually Liken Burficts stock to former LSU linebacker Ali Highsmith. Prior to the combine people were talking about Ali as a top 15 pick. Several people on these boards were clamoring for him.

Then he come to the combine and ran a 4.95 and a 5.03. Rumors were he interviewed horribly too.

He went undrafted.

I think Burfict will be drafted but now I think it will be as low as the 5th round. It could be even lower.
    [/quote]Very possible
    [/quote]I was somewhat shocked at Burfict's 40 times. But I heard Mayock make a comment regarding him not seeing a lot of good tape on Burfict,(paraphrasing), and not even taking into account his lack of discipline and bone head penalties.

I wonder if Burfict bounces back and has a better pro day? I know the combine is only 1 part of the evaluation process, and I'm just throwing out my opinion, but I could see Burfict drop to the 3rd rd.

Perry Fewell is out there playing Tecmo Bowl defense with just 4 plays you can pick from on the remote control.
    --sharick88

[quote user="Neverend"][quote user="tonyt830"]

[/quote]nyc, I did not watch all of todays combine yet. I watched some of the LBs 40s and drills. I did see some of the D-Line highlights and was very impressed in Cox and Poe.

You think Cox could be there at 32? If Reese sees him as BPA, I can see him a Giant, regardless of need at TE and OT. I see Poe going to a 3-4 team that needs a NT. The Steelers come to mind, but I can see the Texans or Chargers being in play for Poe as well.

[/quote] I think its a possibility. Its getting highly redundant hearing the whole "a lock for top 20" stuff with every impressive combine participant. There's the top 12 locks and 20 picks afterwards. Definitely believe a Cox could easily fall into the mid-late 20s. Cant see Cox getting past New England[/quote] I don't think theres a chance that eiether of my 2dream scenarios in RD 1 are gonna be there, nor did i think they really had a chance before the combine, as i thought they'd gain steam from the combine, which is what Fletcher Cox and Whitney Mercilus both did today.. I think Mercilus would be a riser come draft time, and hes currently all ready risen from top of RD 2, to possible 1st rder, to 15-25 range of RD 1... As for cox, all u gotta do is watch him play to see hes gonna rise once people start becoming familiar with him, which has now happened.. hence why they were dream scenarios for me.. Then again, anythings possible come draft time, but i just don't see it, nor did i see it...

[quote user="Raptor22"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]Ya, i'm good with that dude.. I'm just gonna watch and see what happens.. Its not a bet im interested in really.. Thanks for asking though... I'll take the bowling ball 5ft 9in 223lb 4.47 40 kid who catches the ball and returns kicks as well, but some teams are looking for a speedster, like David Wilson, who will lose huge chunks of yards trying to make something outta nothing sometimes, but also break a big one at any time.. Its basically all in what your looking for or want or need in a back...I personally love Ray Rice/ MJD/ Doug Martin type backs.. Some like Shady McCoy/ Cj Spiller/ David Wilson type backs.. Its all in what u want and need or have for that matter..[/quote]I like backs that can play football, point blank. And in this draft, there's plenty of those backs including TRich, Lamar Miller, David Wilson, Doug Martin, ect. I don't have a personal preference in playing styles like you stated above. Oh well, I guess there's no SIG BET. You're soft Sportzfan! j/k
    [/quote] Ya, don't get me wrong, i like "football" players more then anyone probably on these boards.. I just feel the MJD/ Ray Rice/ D.Martin type backs, are so freaking dominant, because they just can do everything, and have body types, that for the most part, keep them healthy, becasue of how thick they are, that its really enticing.. Doug Martin just seems to me like a guy whos gonna be a workhorse, and can pretty much do anything u ask, include return kicks... With the offense we run, i think a bowling ball fits better, then a outside running speedster, which is what david wilson is..[/quote]

Agreed. Also, the low, thick, bowling ball guys are just plain hard to tackle. Yeah, he might not break one, but I'll take a steady diet of 5.5ypc over runs of 1,-1,0,4,0,20. Oh, and Martin can catch.

I'm also warming to Rob Turbin as well (unsurprising as they're very similar players)
    [/quote] not to mention, both turbin and martin can break one as well.. Sure, there not gonna be known as game breaking runners, but there solid 40times kinda give u the idea that it can be done, and i've seen Doug Martin take a KO back to the house, showing his long speed... Turbin and Bernard Pierce are both runners i'd like to have in the RD 3 range, if they were available adn we went RB.. Martin will be gone before we pick in RD 2, so i have a feeling hes not gonna be a giant..

[quote user="tonyt830"]

[quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]Burficts 2nd attempt a 5.10 There is no way he goes in the first round he may fall into the middle rounds[/quote]

I remember a couple years ago when Brandon Spikes ran a 5.0 how devastating it was to his stock. Brandon's tape was 100x better than Burficts and he was 1000x the leader Bufict is.

I actually Liken Burficts stock to former LSU linebacker Ali Highsmith. Prior to the combine people were talking about Ali as a top 15 pick. Several people on these boards were clamoring for him.

Then he come to the combine and ran a 4.95 and a 5.03. Rumors were he interviewed horribly too.

He went undrafted.

I think Burfict will be drafted but now I think it will be as low as the 5th round. It could be even lower.
    [/quote]Very possible
    [/quote]I was somewhat shocked at Burfict's 40 times. But I heard Mayock make a comment regarding him not seeing a lot of good tape on Burfict,(paraphrasing), and not even taking into account his lack of discipline and bone head penalties.

I wonder if Burfict bounces back and has a better pro day? I know the combine is only 1 part of the evaluation process, and I'm just throwing out my opinion, but I could see Burfict drop to the 3rd rd.

[/quote]
    Well, not to beat a dead horse, but several players on these boards have been saying his tape is garbage for months.

I know NYC, Redi, Slip, myself among others have all said his tape from last year is not pretty at all. Its not like the 4 of us agree on much else either. I honestly think anyone who watched it with an unbiased eye would be hard pressed to argue his poor play.

The problem is people go to youtube and watch a "big hits" compilation of Burfict and think that because he took someone's head off, or pointed his finger in an nasty way he is suddenly a good football player. Fact is, those "big hit" videos dont show the mistakes, or the "big hit wiffs", or the massive amounts of penalties, or the time he was benched, or that he was the 3rd best player on his own defense last year, or that it is widely rumored his own teamates and school did NOT want him to come back next year.