+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Re: OFFICAL 2012 NFL COMBINE THREAD (anything and everything combine)

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]Cordy Glenn is a freaking monster! Dude busted out 31reps on the bench with his very long arms(long arms makes it tougher to do many reps obviously, for example David Molk did 41reps with his short arms).. The GA boys are making noise early on with Orson Charles getting most reps outta TE's and Glenn putting up fine performance with his very long arms... Mike Adams had 19reps with a tad shorter arms, to give u guys a idea....[/quote]

Every year there is 1 guy I secretly hope is available when we pick(withint reality.) My mind isnt completely made up, but recently that guy has been Cordy. We had trouble with up the middle pressure this year. We also had injury problems and a guy who can play multiple positions along the line always helps solve that problem. Plus, I have not been overly impressed with Baas, I think he is susceptible to good bull rushers. Nothing helps a center more than having 2 brick houses lined up next to him.

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]

First off, looks like people were dead wrong about Alshon Jeffery coming in at a supposed 240lbs or whatever the hell people were talking about..lol Dude came in at a impressive 6ft 3in 216lbs, which certainly helped him immensly..

[/quote]

It weas a very fair question to ask cosidering his past problems with weight. I am glad to see him take the combine seriously though. Helps him immensely.
    [/quote]Yeah it does- If Jeffrey can run in the 4.5 or better range, he goes in the 1st round.

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]

Figured we better start a COMBINE thread as its underway, and gives us a spot to continue our combine chats...

First off, looks like people were dead wrong about Alshon Jeffery coming in at a supposed 240lbs or whatever the hell people were talking about..lol Dude came in at a impressive 6ft 3in 216lbs, which certainly helped him immensly..

On the other hand, Dwight Jones came in as the "alshon jeffery overweight" guy, weighing in a 230lbs! He better hope he runs a solid 40, because he'd all ready been dropping on peoples lists with a sub par Sr bowl and now comes in here at 230lbs.. He better be ready to run !

[/quote]Talk to this guy-

[quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]

Figured we better start a COMBINE thread as its underway, and gives us a spot to continue our combine chats...

On the other hand, Dwight Jones came in as the "alshon jeffery overweight" guy, weighing in a 230lbs! He better hope he runs a solid 40, because he'd all ready been dropping on peoples lists with a sub par Sr bowl and now comes in here at 230lbs.. He better be ready to run !

[/quote]Talk to this guy-
    [/quote]

Ya, that was some seriously bad reporting by Joe.

But beyond that, Alshon has had weight problems in the past, its well documented.So it isnt as if there was no reason to worry. It is good to see AJ fight off those demons. I do not think anyone expected him to come in at 216. If he runs well, his stock will soar. I always like seeing a young man defeat his demons and do well.

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]Please let us get out hands on Doug Martin RB Boise St!! I'm telling ya, this kids next in line of the MJD and Ray Rice type backs.. Hes my 2nd rated RB, in my personal rankings...[/quote]Lamar Miller & David Wilson have got the edge over Martin IMO.

[quote user="juice33s"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]

[quote user="Neverend"]I'd have to respectfully disagree about Allen being more quick off the line than Fleener. I think if Fleener participated more at the combine he would have absolutely had a faster 10-yrd dash than any TE not named Orson Charles. Allen has good quickness off the line but it seems like defenders have success when they hit him at the line and get physical him (for arguments sake, that could be more of a technique thing). If he were so quick I'd like to see him elude press coverage more often.[/quote]* Allen has great seperation skills, and* ESPN"s Scouts Inc broke down all the TOP players at there positons and*Dwayne Allen was 3rd in Seperation Skills, which is instrumental when your qb needs to get rid of the ball quickly...

5:00

PM ET

ESPN's Scouts Inc. broke down the top NFL prospects at each offensive position heading into the NFL combine, and it looks like the ACC could have some stars at wide receiver and/or tight end.

When it comes to ball skills, former Virginia Tech receiver Danny Coale ranked among the top five receivers at the combine. Scouts Inc. also ranked the receivers by their big-play abilities, and Georgia Tech's Stephen Hill ranked No. 4, followed by Miami's Travis Benjamin, who was tied for fifth.

Former Clemson tight end Dwayne Allen was No. 3 in the "separation skills" category, while Miami's Chase Ford was No. 3 in big-play abilities, and NC State's George Bryan was No. 2 in competitiveness.

Two of the ACC's offensive linemen were also featured, as Florida State's Zebrie Sanders was the No. 3 tackle in run blocking, and Wake's Joe Looney was the No. 2 guard in awareness.
    [/quote]
    You know who was number 1 in separation skills?...Fleener

[/quote]

How ironic.. huh?

When it comes to short area quickness (which ofc the ability to get separation is mostly based on that), Fleener has the advantage. I wouldn't put Dwayne Allen in the category of being a quick-twitch receiver at all. Not to say he doesn't have other strengths (high pointing the pass, winning in jump ball situations, good body control, etc) but its clearly evident Fleener is quicker albeit not by a landslide

[quote user="Neverend"][quote user="juice33s"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]

[quote user="Neverend"]I'd have to respectfully disagree about Allen being more quick off the line than Fleener. I think if Fleener participated more at the combine he would have absolutely had a faster 10-yrd dash than any TE not named Orson Charles. Allen has good quickness off the line but it seems like defenders have success when they hit him at the line and get physical him (for arguments sake, that could be more of a technique thing). If he were so quick I'd like to see him elude press coverage more often.[/quote] Allen has great seperation skills, and ESPN"s Scouts Inc broke down all the TOP players at there positons andDwayne Allen was 3rd in Seperation Skills, which is instrumental when your qb needs to get rid of the ball quickly...

PM ET

ESPN's Scouts Inc. broke down the top NFL prospects at each offensive position heading into the NFL combine, and it looks like the ACC could have some stars at wide receiver and/or tight end.

When it comes to ball skills, former Virginia Tech receiver Danny Coale ranked among the top five receivers at the combine. Scouts Inc. also ranked the receivers by their big-play abilities, and Georgia Tech's Stephen Hill ranked No. 4, followed by Miami's Travis Benjamin, who was tied for fifth.

Former Clemson tight end Dwayne Allen was No. 3 in the "separation skills" category, while Miami's Chase Ford was No. 3 in big-play abilities, and NC State's George Bryan was No. 2 in competitiveness.

Two of the ACC's offensive linemen were also featured, as Florida State's Zebrie Sanders was the No. 3 tackle in run blocking, and Wake's Joe Looney was the No. 2 guard in awareness.
    [/quote]

[/quote]

How ironic.. huh?

When it comes to short area quickness (which ofc the ability to get separation is mostly based on that), Fleener has the advantage. I wouldn't put Dwayne Allen in the category of being a quick-twitch receiver at all. Not to say he doesn't have other strengths (high pointing the pass, winning in jump ball situations, good body control, etc) but its clearly evident Fleener is quicker albeit not by a landslide[/quote]

I just do not see that at all in film. I do think Fleener posseses more speed. But quickness? No.

I dont think either is as quick and Charles though.

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="Neverend"][quote user="juice33s"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]

[quote user="Neverend"]I'd have to respectfully disagree about Allen being more quick off the line than Fleener. I think if Fleener participated more at the combine he would have absolutely had a faster 10-yrd dash than any TE not named Orson Charles. Allen has good quickness off the line but it seems like defenders have success when they hit him at the line and get physical him (for arguments sake, that could be more of a technique thing). If he were so quick I'd like to see him elude press coverage more often.[/quote] Allen has great seperation skills, and ESPN"s Scouts Inc broke down all the TOP players at there positons andDwayne Allen was 3rd in Seperation Skills, which is instrumental when your qb needs to get rid of the ball quickly...

PM ET

[/quote]

[/quote]

How ironic.. huh?

When it comes to short area quickness (which ofc the ability to get separation is mostly based on that), Fleener has the advantage. I wouldn't put Dwayne Allen in the category of being a quick-twitch receiver at all. Not to say he doesn't have other strengths (high pointing the pass, winning in jump ball situations, good body control, etc) but its clearly evident Fleener is quicker albeit not by a landslide[/quote]

I just do not see that at all in film. I do think Fleener posseses more speed. But quickness? No.

I dont think either is as quick and Charles though.

[/quote]
    Fleeners better after the catch then both, he makes people miss and flat out drags defenders. Charles and Allen go down way too easily on first contact imo

Veteran

Did fleener say why he was not running the 40?

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

How did Kelechi Osmele play this season? He certainly has the measurements of an NFL tackle
    6'6" 333lbs 35 7/8 arms 32 reps on the bench

He looked pretty garbage in redeyes 2010 tape against OKL, but has he improved technique wise, b/c all the physical tools seem to be there