+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Re: OFFICAL 2012 NFL COMBINE THREAD (anything and everything combine)

I am glad to see Chris Polk took to heart some of the criticism he recieved at the senior bowl. He came in to the combine 10 Lbs lighter.

Those 8 inch hands are gonna hurt Tauren Poole a bit. On the same note, those 10'1/8 inch hands are gonna help Mohamed Sanu and those 10' 1/4 inchers on Alshon are gonna impress.

[quote user="juice33s"]How did Kelechi Osmele play this season? He certainly has the measurements of an NFL tackle
    6'6" 333lbs 35 7/8 arms 32 reps on the bench

He looked pretty garbage in redeyes 2010 tape against OKL, but has he improved technique wise, b/c all the physical tools seem to be there
    [/quote]

To me, he is a run blocker only atm. He has a nasty side, but needs development.

[quote user="rainierjef"]Did fleener say why he was not running the 40?
    [/quote]
    High ankle sprain from bowl game didnt give him enough time to prepare for combine, but will run at pro day....Don't think it really matters either way, the guy is obviously on the fast end for his position

[quote user="juice33s"]
    Fleeners better after the catch then both, he makes people miss and flat out drags defenders. Charles and Allen go down way too easily on first contact imo
    [/quote]

Again 100% disagree.

I just dont see the same quickness both before and after the catch out of Fleener. Still, he reminds me of a Jay Novacek type TE. A high quality pro offense TE.

[quote user="BlueSanta"]I am glad to see Chris Polk took to heart some of the criticism he recieved at the senior bowl. He came in to the combine 10 Lbs lighter.

Those 8 inch hands are gonna hurt Tauren Poole a bit. On the same note, those 10'1/8 inch hands are gonna help Mohamed Sanu and those 10' 1/4 inchers on Alshon are gonna impress.

[/quote]
    Am i the only one who thinks Sanu might be a better prospect then Blackmon? He's bigger and probably faster imo...had he played in the stat happy OKL St system and Blackmon in the swamps of jersey we might be seeing them completely differently.

Watching Blackmons college tape made me think TO, but at 6'1 207 and the suspected slow 40 time he is not nearly the physical freak of Owens.

After Crabtrees over ratedness I'd be weary of these Big 12 guys in pass happy offenses

[quote user="juice33s"][quote user="BlueSanta"]I am glad to see Chris Polk took to heart some of the criticism he recieved at the senior bowl. He came in to the combine 10 Lbs lighter.

[/quote]
    Am i the only one who thinks Sanu might be a better prospect then Blackmon? He's bigger and probably faster imo...had he played in the stat happy OKL St system and Blackmon in the swamps of jersey we might be seeing them completely differently.

Watching Blackmons college tape made me think TO, but at 6'1 207 and the suspected slow 40 time he is not nearly the physical freak of Owens.

After Crabtrees over ratedness I'd be weary of these Big 12 guys in pass happy offenses
    [/quote]

I like em both.

Crabtree played for the same school but a different coach.

It would have been fun to see how Sanu would have done for OKst tho.

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="juice33s"][quote user="BlueSanta"]I am glad to see Chris Polk took to heart some of the criticism he recieved at the senior bowl. He came in to the combine 10 Lbs lighter.

[/quote]

[/quote]

I like em both.

[/quote]
    same school as who? Crabtree was texas tech.....On a related note I think Floyd compares favorably to Braylon Edwards, hopefully for his sake its the 2007 edition

[quote user="juice33s"][quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="juice33s"][quote user="BlueSanta"]I am glad to see Chris Polk took to heart some of the criticism he recieved at the senior bowl. He came in to the combine 10 Lbs lighter.

[/quote]

[/quote]

I like em both.

[/quote]
    same school as who? Crabtree was texas tech.....On a related note I think Floyd compares favorably to Braylon Edwards, hopefully for his sake its the 2007 edition
    [/quote]
    Ya sorry its late, i meant same conference

Another guy that intrigues me is Rhett Ellison out of USC. He played TE in 2010 but they moved him to FB in 2011.

He was invited as a Fullback, which surprised me, but measured in at 6'5 251. That is very tall for a Fullback and I think he finds he will be drafted as a H-back or even a full blown TE.

A guy with that type of versatility would fit in quite well with the Giants.

[quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]Please let us get out hands on Doug Martin RB Boise St!! I'm telling ya, this kids next in line of the MJD and Ray Rice type backs.. Hes my 2nd rated RB, in my personal rankings...[/quote]Lamar Miller & David Wilson have got the edge over Martin IMO.
    [/quote]not to me they don't.. Not even close really.. I'm not that high on either Lamar Miller or David Wilson, all though i'd certainly be intrigued if we were to get em... Doug Martin is a do everything back, who can retrun kicks, as well as be a ray rice type potent reciever outta the backfield, and hes got the kinda build i love for the pro game .. I think if Doug Martin played at Florida or Bama, he'd be a sure 1st rd pick, and to be bluntly honest, i won't be surprised if hes the 2nd RB taken in this draft, as hes that good.. Hopefully teams make mistakes on Martin, just as they did on MJD and Ray Rice, and hes available when we pick in RD 2, but i don't think teams are stupid enough to make the same mistake yet again..