+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Re: OFFICAL 2012 NFL COMBINE THREAD (anything and everything combine)

[quote user="juice33s"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]

[quote user="Neverend"]I'd have to respectfully disagree about Allen being more quick off the line than Fleener. I think if Fleener participated more at the combine he would have absolutely had a faster 10-yrd dash than any TE not named Orson Charles. Allen has good quickness off the line but it seems like defenders have success when they hit him at the line and get physical him (for arguments sake, that could be more of a technique thing). If he were so quick I'd like to see him elude press coverage more often.[/quote] Allen has great seperation skills, and ESPN"s Scouts Inc broke down all the TOP players at there positons and Dwayne Allen was 3rd in Seperation Skills, which is instrumental when your qb needs to get rid of the ball quickly...

5:00

PM ET

ESPN's Scouts Inc. broke down the top NFL prospects at each offensive position heading into the NFL combine, and it looks like the ACC could have some stars at wide receiver and/or tight end.

When it comes to ball skills, former Virginia Tech receiver Danny Coale ranked among the top five receivers at the combine. Scouts Inc. also ranked the receivers by their big-play abilities, and Georgia Tech's Stephen Hill ranked No. 4, followed by Miami's Travis Benjamin, who was tied for fifth.

Former Clemson tight end Dwayne Allen was No. 3 in the "separation skills" category, while Miami's Chase Ford was No. 3 in big-play abilities, and NC State's George Bryan was No. 2 in competitiveness.

Two of the ACC's offensive linemen were also featured, as Florida State's Zebrie Sanders was the No. 3 tackle in run blocking, and Wake's Joe Looney was the No. 2 guard in awareness.
    [/quote]
    You know who was number 1 in separation skills?...Fleener

I personally gauruntee that Allen doesn't go in the first....more like mid 2nd to early 3rd. The guy has below average size and only average athleticism.

[/quote] so, he had the best seperation ability, but yet with all that seperation, he had 7games of 2or less catches?

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]Cordy Glenn is a freaking monster! Dude busted out 31reps on the bench with his very long arms(long arms makes it tougher to do many reps obviously, for example David Molk did 41reps with his short arms).. The GA boys are making noise early on with Orson Charles getting most reps outta TE's and Glenn putting up fine performance with his very long arms... Mike Adams had 19reps with a tad shorter arms, to give u guys a idea....[/quote]

Every year there is 1 guy I secretly hope is available when we pick(withint reality.) My mind isnt completely made up, but recently that guy has been Cordy. We had trouble with up the middle pressure this year. We also had injury problems and a guy who can play multiple positions along the line always helps solve that problem. Plus, I have not been overly impressed with Baas, I think he is susceptible to good bull rushers. Nothing helps a center more than having 2 brick houses lined up next to him.
    [/quote] Allen can do it all.. The guys got crazy hops, which is shown off in this video numerous times, and he certainly shows he dosen't go down all that easy in this video, and watch as u said, how he lines up all over the place, and does so many things underneath as well as along the sidelines and deep middle, and he shows mighty fine wheels as well.. This kids spectacular! His hands are way above averege, and his speed and athletic ability are very very very solid... This kids the complete package..

4:39

[quote user="juice33s"][quote user="BlueSanta"]I am glad to see Chris Polk took to heart some of the criticism he recieved at the senior bowl. He came in to the combine 10 Lbs lighter.

Those 8 inch hands are gonna hurt Tauren Poole a bit. On the same note, those 10'1/8 inch hands are gonna help Mohamed Sanu and those 10' 1/4 inchers on Alshon are gonna impress.

[/quote]
    Am i the only one who thinks Sanu might be a better prospect then Blackmon? He's bigger and probably faster imo...had he played in the stat happy OKL St system and Blackmon in the swamps of jersey we might be seeing them completely differently.

Watching Blackmons college tape made me think TO, but at 6'1 207 and the suspected slow 40 time he is not nearly the physical freak of Owens.

After Crabtrees over ratedness I'd be weary of these Big 12 guys in pass happy offenses
    [/quote] I will say that Mahhumed Sanu, Juron Criner and Marvin Mcnutt all are impressive WR's, and i would not be surprised if all 3 are studs on whatever teams draft em.. Also that Quick kid from Appalachin St is very intriguing.. This WR class is utterly insane! Blackmon, Floyd, Criner, Sanu, Jeffery, Mcnutt, Quick, Wright, are all guys i can honestly see big things for in the pros... Then u get to the next group, which is loaded with potential, and upside... Guys like Jordan White, Ryan Broyles, T.Y Hilton, B.J Cunningham(i think hes gonna be a solid pro), Chris Givens, Jeff Fuller, Tommy Streeter, Stephen Hill, Nick Toon, Rueben Randle, Jarious Wright, Joe Adams, Greg Childs(nice little sleeper if healthy), Gerrell Robinson, Marvin Jones....etc Any of those guys would have u feeling very intrigued with possiblities..

All-Pro

I follow RU and I have like Sanu for some time. He is a great character player, loves to block as a WR, and I would really like him to be picked by the Giants. I know it's not their biggest need, but he might be BPA when then pick at 32. With Nicks and Sanu the Giants could have the most physical WR's in the league and Cruz can hold his own for his size.

Something else to remember about his career at RU, Sanu had 3 different freshman QB's throwing him the ball.

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]Cordy Glenn is a freaking monster! Dude busted out 31reps on the bench with his very long arms(long arms makes it tougher to do many reps obviously, for example David Molk did 41reps with his short arms).. The GA boys are making noise early on with Orson Charles getting most reps outta TE's and Glenn putting up fine performance with his very long arms... Mike Adams had 19reps with a tad shorter arms, to give u guys a idea....[/quote]

Every year there is 1 guy I secretly hope is available when we pick(withint reality.) My mind isnt completely made up, but recently that guy has been Cordy. We had trouble with up the middle pressure this year. We also had injury problems and a guy who can play multiple positions along the line always helps solve that problem. Plus, I have not been overly impressed with Baas, I think he is susceptible to good bull rushers. Nothing helps a center more than having 2 brick houses lined up next to him.
    [/quote] Ya, i really like Cordy Glenn myself... If i had to pick just 1(god its hard this yr!), guy that would be my dream scenario, it'd probably be Whitney Mercilus... A guy with Mercilus's physical tools, and relentless motor, and abilty to force turnovers, are 3things right there, that just get me all giddy inside..lol Mercilus is a beast!

[quote user="buddy33"]I follow RU and I have like Sanu for some time. He is a great character player, loves to block as a WR, and I would really like him to be picked by the Giants. I know it's not their biggest need, but he might be BPA when then pick at 32. With Nicks and Sanu the Giants could have the most physical WR's in the league and Cruz can hold his own for his size. Something else to remember about his career at RU, Sanu had 3 different freshman QB's throwing him the ball.[/quote] Ya, it was fun watching Sanu grow into the reciever hes become.. I remember him running the Wildcat back when he first got there, and all they talked about was Sanu's potential, and it sure was fun watching him grow into that potential, and really go above and beyond it..

Cordy Glenn by far the most impressive player so far a 4.96 40 fastest split at 1.76 at 345 pounds. With an almost 85" wingspan . He was Borderline first before this pretty much clinched it today. Giants usually dont go after big guys like this but they have to take a serious look at him

Veteran

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]Cordy Glenn by far the most impressive player so far a 4.96 40 fastest split at 1.76 at 345 pounds. With an almost 85" wingspan . He was Borderline first before this pretty much clinched it today. Giants usually dont go after big guys like this but they have to take a serious look at him[/quote]

Definitely. (2nd 40 was 5.09, still freakishly good for 345)

I'm also liking the looks of Brown from Troy (tackle feet, low center of gravity, LONG arms)

[quote user="Raptor22"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]Cordy Glenn by far the most impressive player so far a 4.96 40 fastest split at 1.76 at 345 pounds. With an almost 85" wingspan . He was Borderline first before this pretty much clinched it today. Giants usually dont go after big guys like this but they have to take a serious look at him[/quote]

I'm also liking the looks of Brown from Troy (tackle feet, low center of gravity, LONG arms)
    [/quote]Looked athletic im going to see if I can find the Clemson Troy game

Veteran

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="Raptor22"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]Cordy Glenn by far the most impressive player so far a 4.96 40 fastest split at 1.76 at 345 pounds. With an almost 85" wingspan . He was Borderline first before this pretty much clinched it today. Giants usually dont go after big guys like this but they have to take a serious look at him[/quote]

[/quote]Looked athletic im going to see if I can find the Clemson Troy game[/quote]

Mayock was really impressed with Brown's performance against Clemson's line... that would be great to see.

So far DeCastro, Glenn, and Brown have looked the best out there.