+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Re: OFFICAL 2012 NFL COMBINE THREAD (anything and everything combine)

I think Cordy's performance so far has likely put him out of our reach come draft day. You dont get a combination of size, skill, strength and positional versatility at pick 32. If we manage to somehow, we cannot pass it up.

If Doug Martin runs a 4.4 does he enter our conversation at 32?

Veteran

[quote user="BlueSanta"]I think Cordy's performance so far has likely put him out of our reach come draft day. You dont get a combination of size, skill, strength and positional versatility at pick 32. If we manage to somehow, we cannot pass it up.
    [/quote]

Too soon to say. Prince was drawing comparisons to Revis and was projected anywhere from top 5 to top 10. There's no way the Giants would get even get to think about him at 19.

Besides, we don't really want to fall in love with a guy at the combine... There's also a LOT left to look at. The 2nd group of O Linemen haven't even run yet.

Veteran

[quote user="juice33s"]If Doug Martin runs a 4.4 does he enter our conversation at 32?
    [/quote]

I doubt it. There's really only one 1st round RB, and that's Richardson, and I could see him falling like Ingram did last year. Maybe not as far, but still. RB isn't a premier position any more, and you can get probowl RB's day 2 or 3.

But then, I'd be surprised if Martin turns a 4.4sec 40 (maybe 4.48) . He might have the best 10yrd split though.

Veteran

Could you guys keep an eye on Amini for me? I got called in to work early, and I'm going to miss the rest of the day (go! GO! Gadget DVR!). I like the looks of him, and I want to hear how he does on the drills.

could be a 3rd round developmental guy.

Michael Brockers 6-7 322 with 35" arms, my god what a Monster. I wish his tape was better. He is a lot on projection.

Fletcher Cox who is my favorite DT 6'4" 298 34 1/2 " arms.
    1 gap penetrator in the mold of Nick Fairly that will make plays in the backfield and pressure the QB.

Massie did a poor job in the drill.

Matt Mccants looked fantastic in the pass protection drill. been Downloading 2 of his games for over a week . It goes like 2% a day

wow, Terrell Manning OLB Nc State weighed in at 237lbs, which is 12lbs more then his listed WT.. I llove that dudes game, but pretty much figured with Jaqauain, we don't need another 225lb LB, but at 237, that certainly changes things..

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]Michael Brockers 6-7 322 with 35" arms, my god what a Monster. I wish his tape was better. He is a lot on projection. Fletcher Cox who is my favorite DT 6'4" 298 34 1/2 " arms. 1 gap penetrator in the mold of Nick Fairly that will make plays in the backfield and pressure the QB.[/quote] Ya, Cox is my Fave DT as well.. Brockers is freaking a big boy though.. How about Frank Alexander Weighing in at 6ft 4in 270lbs.. That puts him in 4/3 DE category, which possibly could mean us, if value is right..

[quote user="Raptor22"][quote user="juice33s"]If Doug Martin runs a 4.4 does he enter our conversation at 32?
    [/quote]

I doubt it. There's really only one 1st round RB, and that's Richardson, and I could see him falling like Ingram did last year. Maybe not as far, but still. RB isn't a premier position any more, and you can get probowl RB's day 2 or 3.

But then, I'd be surprised if Martin turns a 4.4sec 40 (maybe 4.48) . He might have the best 10yrd split though.
    [/quote]
    Yeah but if Martin performs on par with with a potential top 10 pick (Richardson) then thats something you have to take notice....I think Martin will have the faster 40 of the two.