+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Re: OFFICAL 2012 NFL COMBINE THREAD (anything and everything combine)

Been some chatter about Amini Silatolu looked very crisp in the pass protection drill. I thought Mccants looked the best of them all though.

A couple differing opinions. From what I have seen I would put Charles ahead of any TE in regards to making space. He looks like the quickest off the line to me and the quickest out of his breaks. Fleener and Allen are both impressive as well though so I wouldn't say it's by much. I also don't think Charles just goes down with contact but unlike some other TEs he plays in a conference where they know how to play defense and tackle. I've also seen much more of him so I'm probably a bit biased.

If Doug Martin played at Alabama he wouldn't be a first round pick because he would have been second or third string. And again, they play defense in the SEC. I get what you're saying though. I love Doug Martin's potential though and really can't wait to see how his NFL career develops. I wouldn't put him ahead of Wilson or Miller but I can't argue against it either. I've watched way more of them though.

[quote user="critters"]A couple differing opinions. From what I have seen I would put Charles ahead of any TE in regards to making space. He looks like the quickest off the line to me and the quickest out of his breaks. Fleener and Allen are both impressive as well though so I wouldn't say it's by much. I also don't think Charles just goes down with contact but unlike some other TEs he plays in a conference where they know how to play defense and tackle. I've also seen much more of him so I'm probably a bit biased.

If Doug Martin played at Alabama he wouldn't be a first round pick because he would have been second or third string. And again, they play defense in the SEC. I get what you're saying though. I love Doug Martin's potential though and really can't wait to see how his NFL career develops. I wouldn't put him ahead of Wilson or Miller but I can't argue against it either. I've watched way more of them though.[/quote]Depends on what your looking for.Charles is an outstanding receiver just not an in line guy

[quote user="critters"]A couple differing opinions. From what I have seen I would put Charles ahead of any TE in regards to making space. He looks like the quickest off the line to me and the quickest out of his breaks. Fleener and Allen are both impressive as well though so I wouldn't say it's by much. I also don't think Charles just goes down with contact but unlike some other TEs he plays in a conference where they know how to play defense and tackle. I've also seen much more of him so I'm probably a bit biased. If Doug Martin played at Alabama he wouldn't be a first round pick because he would have been second or third string. And again, they play defense in the SEC. I get what you're saying though. I love Doug Martin's potential though and really can't wait to see how his NFL career develops. I wouldn't put him ahead of Wilson or Miller but I can't argue against it either. I've watched way more of them though.[/quote] Oh, i don't know about that... I think Doug Martin would be split the load back at least anywhere he was in the country... It just makes me laugh, because everyone had guys ahead of MJD and Ray Rice as well.. Martin is a straight beast, and if the dude runs a 4.4 at 5ft 9in 223lbs, then jesus!

[quote user="Raptor22"][quote user="BlueSanta"]I think Cordy's performance so far has likely put him out of our reach come draft day. You dont get a combination of size, skill, strength and positional versatility at pick 32. If we manage to somehow, we cannot pass it up.
    [/quote]

Too soon to say. Prince was drawing comparisons to Revis and was projected anywhere from top 5 to top 10. There's no way the Giants would get even get to think about him at 19.

Besides, we don't really want to fall in love with a guy at the combine... There's also a LOT left to look at. The 2nd group of O Linemen haven't even run yet.
    [/quote]

Im not falling in love with his at the combine. He has good tape. He has a stellar senior bowl and coming into the combine his 1 question was can he move at that size. Aparently he can move VERY well. His stock will rise.

Did Egnew run a 4.53 at his 6ft 5in 253lb frame?

Veteran

does anyone else think that Dwayne Allen looks much faster in the drills than a 4.84 40? He looks fast!

[quote user="Spizi"]does anyone else think that Dwayne Allen looks much faster in the drills than a 4.84 40? He looks fast![/quote]

I wouldn't be surprised if there were software that could mesh two films together and watch them both at the same time to see how players compare head to head.

[quote user="Spizi"]does anyone else think that Dwayne Allen looks much faster in the drills than a 4.84 40? He looks fast![/quote]

Allen really ran a 4.84 40? Or is that an unofficial time? That would really shock me

Allen is quicker than fast. He is very agile off the line and out of breaks, but his max speed isnt great.