+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What would you do: Stay or go FA?

This is regarding Mario M.

Many of you are probably younger than me? In my personal life, I stayed with my Big Blue company because of loyalty, enjoyed what i was doing, and who i worked with. That was more important to me at the time than leaving for the quick buck money.

This is an interesting situation. What would you do?

Would you go for the money too? Although money doesn't buy you happiness, it surely helps you live your life with better "financial security", assuming of course your not foolish or stupid and piss it away on crap. An example would be ppl like say Allen Iverson who appears to have pissed his fortune away and is now broke.

I think it is more imortant to have a successful career playing or working with ppl that you get along with, trust, work well with and have success with. Besides, how many millions does a person need to live well, and get lap dances i guess?

However, MM not having the gift of good communication skills, he may need to take the money while he can get it. He definitely will never be an analyst. He is almost not understandable. All he says is "Yeah man". I'm sorry for being sarcastic!

Hey, he is a gifted player, although he frequently ran his routes bad. He needs to strike while the iron is hot and get whatever he can while he can get it.

Personally Id rather take less and stay with the Giants and be part of something special. He can have a better opportunity to win here and be successful or take the money and maybe not be as successful. Hey he can be successful else where, but i doubt it.

In all honesty, this is ok for the Giants. He was good and i sincerely thank him for his svc. But its ok if he goes. We will get compensation for him and there are MANY other WRs available in FA and its deep WR draft. Plus we have depth already on our team.

Bottom line is We have a cap problem so if he isnt happy with the offer than thank you bur good bye!

btw, I hope Canty, Diehl, and Jacobs can restructure their salaries too?

your thoughts?

Re: What would you do: Stay or go FA?

I have a ring, and if I can make significantly more money somewhere else, I go.

Bench Player

Mario helped this team win a championship and for that fans should be grateful. I would not hold it against him if he leaves to get as much money as he can in free agency to secure his financial well being and that of his family. Football careers are short when compared to that of other sports. His value right now is at its highest and he may never get another opportunity like this.

Bench Player

Mario helped this team win a championship and for that fans should be grateful. I would not hold it against him if he leaves to get as much money as he can in free agency to secure his financial well being and that of his family. Football careers are short when compared to that of other sports. His value right now is at its highest and he may never get another opportunity like this.

[quote user="Cosmiknight"]Mario helped this team win a championship and for that fans should be grateful. I would not hold it against him if he leaves to get as much money as he can in free agency to secure his financial well being and that of his family. Football careers are short when compared to that of other sports. His value right now is at its highest and he may never get another opportunity like this.
    [/quote]He hasn't had a big pay day yet and his career could be over in a flash. We can replace MM (though I'd be happy to keep him). He won't be able to replace those millions he can make elsewhere and so he really should take care of his family.
    No one remembers who came in second.

[quote user="paul007"]This is regarding Mario M. Many of you are probably younger than me? In my personal life, I stayed with my Big Blue company because of loyalty, enjoyed what i was doing, and who i worked with. That was more important to me at the time than leaving for the quick buck money. This is an interesting situation. What would you do? Would you go for the money too? Although money doesn't buy you happiness, it surely helps you live your life with better "financial security", assuming of course your not foolish or stupid and piss it away on crap. An example would be ppl like say Allen Iverson who appears to have pissed his fortune away and is now broke. I think it is more imortant to have a successful career playing or working with ppl that you get along with, trust, work well with and have success with. Besides, how many millions does a person need to live well, and get lap dances i guess? However, MM not having the gift of good communication skills, he may need to take the money while he can get it. He definitely will never be an analyst. He is almost not understandable. All he says is "Yeah man". I'm sorry for being sarcastic! Hey, he is a gifted player, although he frequently ran his routes bad. He needs to strike while the iron is hot and get whatever he can while he can get it. Personally Id rather take less and stay with the Giants and be part of something special. He can have a better opportunity to win here and be successful or take the money and maybe not be as successful. Hey he can be successful else where, but i doubt it. In all honesty, this is ok for the Giants. He was good and i sincerely thank him for his svc. But its ok if he goes. We will get compensation for him and there are MANY other WRs available in FA and its deep WR draft. Plus we have depth already on our team. Bottom line is We have a cap problem so if he isnt happy with the offer than thank you bur good bye! btw, I hope Canty, Diehl, and Jacobs can restructure their salaries too? your thoughts?[/quote]

Your take on this is that of a homer. No offense.

What makes you think that the Giants are the only place where MM will "get along with his teamates, trust the people around him, and be successful at." It's not up to us to decide how many millions the player needs to live. You are a die hard fan, so it's easy for you to say you would play for the Giants for less. But the truth is, we are not the only successful franchise in the NFL. We don't have the only good QB in the NFL. Hell, 6 months ago half the people on here didn't think our QB was good at all.

Why does everyone assume that just because he is going to test the open market that he is going to end up on the Raiders or some other dismal team. I undertand taking a few hundred thousand less to stay on your team. But anyone who says they would play for millions less to stay on the Giants because they would still have enough "money to live" is just playing fooling themselves.

No offense taken. I agree with your point.
    No i am not a homer, altohugh what i wrotr may appear that way.

Back in the day life was different. Now, myself included, I would test the market too. So i dont blame him a bit. If he stays great. If he goes, i thank him for his contributions and helping win another SB. Either way the Giants will be fine.

One word.....Inconsistent!

bring back Duke Calhoun!!

Make as much $$ as you can Today. You may not make any tomorrow.

he goes for more money