+ Reply to Thread

AARON ROSS WOULD LIKE TO REMAIN WITH GIANTS: "MY HEART IS HERE"

AARON ROSS WOULD LIKE TO REMAIN WITH GIANTS: "MY HEART IS HERE"

"Without cornerback Aaron
    Ross
    , there's a strong possibility the New York Giants do not win Super Bowl XLVI. Due to a
    nearly overwhelming amount of injuries at the position, Ross was forced to step
    up and play some of the best football of his career. He did. And now he's got ring
    #2.

New York Giants cornerback Aaron
    Ross
    (top) flies over a sliding San Francisco 49ers quarterback Alex Smith
    in the fourth quarter during the NFL NFC Championship game in San Francisco, California,
    January 22, 2012. REUTERS/Mike Blake (UNITED STATES - Tags: SPORT FOOTBALL
    TPX IMAGES OF THE DAY)

But yesterday is past and tomorrow is future, and Ross is facing uncertainty
    as free agency looms. The one thing he is sure of is that he wants to remain a member of the New York Football Giants.

Of course, of course, Ross said. Ive been here five years so thats like
    asking me if I want to go back to (Texas). I invested four years there and five
    years here so my heart is here."

With only Corey Webster, Prince Amukamara and Brian Witherspoon under
    contract for 2012, the Giants will certainly be in the market for more
    cornerbacks. However, it's likely they'll focus on their own free agents as
    opposed to outsourcing, so Ross stands a good chance at returning next
    season.

Ive seen that its a business from the start. Coming into the league, Sam
    (Madison), all of those guys told me its a business so the front office is
    going to take care of themselves and we as players have to take care of
    ourselves. Hopefully we can meet somewhere in the middle to where both of us
    agree.

At times, Ross has struggled and frustrated during his five years with the
    Giants, but he's started 41 games and two of his best were in Super Bowl's. He
    has 200 career tackles and 10 career interceptions in 65 games played, and has,
    at times, flashed tremendous quality."

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience. MB Rule # 1

# 80

Re: AARON ROSS WOULD LIKE TO REMAIN WITH GIANTS: "MY HEART IS HERE"

[quote user="RoanokeFan"]AARON ROSS WOULD LIKE TO REMAIN WITH GIANTS:* "MY HEART IS HERE"

"Without cornerback Aaron
    Ross
    , there's a strong possibility the New York Giants do not win Super Bowl XLVI. Due to a
    nearly overwhelming amount of injuries at the position, Ross was forced to step
    up and play some of the best football of his career. He did. And now he's got ring
    #2.

New York Giants cornerback Aaron
    Ross
    (top) flies over a sliding San Francisco 49ers quarterback Alex Smith
    in the fourth quarter during the NFL NFC Championship game in San Francisco, California,
    January 22, 2012. REUTERS/Mike Blake (UNITED STATES - Tags: SPORT FOOTBALL
    TPX IMAGES OF THE DAY)

But yesterday is past and tomorrow is future, and Ross is facing uncertainty
    as free agency looms. The one thing he is sure of is that he wants to remain a member of the New York Football Giants.

Of course, of course, Ross said. Ive been here five years so thats like
    asking me if I want to go back to (Texas). I invested four years there and five
    years here so my heart is here."

With only Corey Webster, Prince Amukamara and Brian Witherspoon under
    contract for 2012, the Giants will certainly be in the market for more
    cornerbacks. However, it's likely they'll focus on their own free agents as
    opposed to outsourcing, so Ross stands a good chance at returning next
    season.

Ive seen that its a business from the start. Coming into the league, Sam
    (Madison), all of those guys told me its a business so the front office is
    going to take care of themselves and we as players have to take care of
    ourselves. Hopefully we can meet somewhere in the middle to where both of us
    agree.

At times, Ross has struggled and frustrated during his five years with the
    Giants, but he's started 41 games and two of his best were in Super Bowl's. He
    has 200 career tackles and 10 career interceptions in 65 games played, and has,
    at times, flashed tremendous quality."

[/quote] I love that quote my Heart is here playing for the NY GIANTS!!

I would love to have Aaron Ross back in blue next season.

my oh my...how times have changed. [B]

[quote user="Eli TO Shockey"]I would love to have Aaron Ross back in blue next season.

[/quote]Lol I kind of feel the same.

I don't know if I want him back. It seems like a while ago considering this eventful season, but this guy could not stay healthy. I don't know if something has changed, but it is very risky, and with our cap situation, we can't afford to **** up anything.

[quote user="gmen0820"][quote user="Eli TO Shockey"]I would love to have Aaron Ross back in blue next season.

I don't know if I want him back. It seems like a while ago considering this eventful season, but this guy could not stay healthy. I don't know if something has changed, but it is very risky, and with our cap situation, we can't afford to **** up anything.[/quote]

if the price is right..i wouldnt hesitate. If a team wants to throw big money at him..then good luck.

It seems as if hes willing to stay for a reasonable offer.

Starter

My buddies have bashed him more than anybody over the last 4 seasons. I say he is the starting CB for 2 Super Bowl Championship squads, enough said, bring him back

[quote user="Eli TO Shockey"][quote user="gmen0820"][quote user="Eli TO Shockey"]I would love to have Aaron Ross back in blue next season.

I don't know if I want him back. It seems like a while ago considering this eventful season, but this guy could not stay healthy. I don't know if something has changed, but it is very risky, and with our cap situation, we can't afford to **** up anything.[/quote]

if the price is right..i wouldnt hesitate. If a team wants to throw big money at him..then good luck.

[/quote]I don't think Ross is worth much more in terms of what he made last year. I don't think he will get anymore than he made last year anywhere else.

Then again, teams are pretty desperate for corners. The Chiefs just signed Jacque mother-****ing Reeves.

[quote user="Eli TO Shockey"][quote user="gmen0820"][quote user="Eli TO Shockey"]I would love to have Aaron Ross back in blue next season.

[/quote]Lol I kind of feel the same. I don't know if I want him back. It seems like a while ago considering this eventful season, but this guy could not stay healthy. I don't know if something has changed, but it is very risky, and with our cap situation, we can't afford to **** up anything.[/quote]

[/quote]agreed! If we can retain him for a cap friendly number, then I'm all for it. We don't know how well Thomas will respond after a 2nd ACL tear on the same knee.

But like you said, if someone shows him the money, then the best of luck to him. We can find a solid corner in the mid rds of the draft this year.

Winning is a habit. Unfortunately so is losing.
    -Vince Lombardi

If we were somehow able to retain ross and t2, our cornerback position would be so stacked and set. Weatherspoon would prob be our depth. With prince only entering a 2ndyear without playing much the first one, it would be real good to help him along w.o much pressure. Ross can turn it on, he's shown that in two suoerbowl runs he def. Has the talent to be a champ. Caliber corner, its his drive and consistency that worry me most, he questioned if he even wanted to be a player that one season...if his heads on right, he's a tremendous player

He's had his ups and downs, but I think he played well in the post-season. Bring him back if you can do it without breaking the bank!!!