+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Rate the five biggest threats to the Giants repeating

Here is my top five and it may surprise many of you.

1) The Saints....IMHO the most dangerous team in the NFL esspecislly at home. We do not match up well against their skill players (not many do)

2) The niners...their defense is ready, they just need a qb and they will be very hard to beat (and a kick returned for that matter)

3) The Packers....Offense is off the charts but their defense needs some work. Unlike the saints however, I feel we match up better against the pack

4) The Eagles (you knew it was coming)....What can I say, extremely talented team that just can't get it together.....but if they do, watch out

5) Steelers....always a competing team, smash mouth style offense and aggressive defense make them formatable every year

Left outs....the pats, I think they are in the decline, Broncos, tebow has a while before they can threaten

Re: Rate the five biggest threats to the Giants repeating

Plaxico shooting himself in the leg. I still think we would be a considered a dynasty right now if that didn't happen.

[quote user="Gmenfan87"]Plaxico shooting himself in the leg. I still think we would be a considered a dynasty right now if that didn't happen.[/quote]

I disagree. If Plax doesn't shoot himself, MAYBE we win in 2008. But we definitely don't win in 2011. Plax still on the team means no Nicks and/or no Cruz. It also means we win more than 8 games in 2009, draft later, and JPP might not fall to us in the draft.

[quote user="Bigbluereckingcrew"]

1) The Saints....IMHO the most dangerous team in the NFL esspecislly at home. We do not match up well against their skill players (not many do) [/quote]

I think the Saints have to be the favorite to win the Super Bowl this year. As you said, they are unbeatable at home. If they can win enough road games to get the number 1 seed, then they will have home field advantage throughout the playoffs, including (for the first time ever) in the Super Bowl. Can you imagine how crazy and loud the Superdome would be if the Saints made it to the Super Bowl? That would be such a huge advantage for the Saints.

[quote user="Bigbluereckingcrew"]3) The Packers....Offense is off the charts but their defense needs some work. Unlike the saints however, I feel we match up better against the pack [/quote]

The Packers are my number 2 pick to win the Super Bowl. I expect their defense to bounce back this year. Their defense played very well in 2010 when they won the Super Bowl. Also, most of their key players are young so they'll be good for a long time.

I agree with your list for the most part. I don't think you can count out the Cowboys for next year. I know it's easy to brush them to the side considering they have a tendency to choke and shoot themselves in the foot....but they have a very talented offense, and Romo had the best year of his career last season in my opinion. Even in the two losses to the Giants, he looked pretty damn good. The NFC East is going to be tough to win next season. I have faith, though. It's evident that the Giants have both a good offensive and defensive core now. Just gotta improve the o-line and bolster up the depth at certain positions, and they should be one of the more balanced teams in the league.

1. The Giants themselves (Heart)(Drive)
    2.History
    3.Staying Healthy
    4.Getting some breaks
    5.Keeping the team together,don't let the media,fan's and ref's get you down salary cap!

[quote user="Voldamort"]1. The Giants themselves (Heart)(Drive)
    2.History
    3.Staying Healthy
    4.Getting some breaks
    5.Keeping the team together,don't let the media,fan's and ref's get you down salary cap![/quote]

Yea those ACL injuries are looking like a major threat at No. 3... nice one... lol

Can't worry about other teams.

1. Injuries

2. weak offensive line

3. poor running game

4. inconsistand LB play

5. continuing to rely on Eli to take us down the field for a score in the final minutes of every game.

#5 could be number 1. The year he had in the 4th quarter was unbelievable. But this team needs to learn how to put teams away. They can't expect Eli to be a magician in the final minutes every week.

[quote user="nhpgiantsfan"]

Can't worry about other teams.

1. Injuries

2. weak offensive line

3. poor running game

4. inconsistand LB play

5. continuing to rely on Eli to take us down the field for a score in the final minutes of every game.

#5 could be number 1.* The year he had in the 4th quarter was unbelievable.* But this team needs to learn how to put teams away.* They can't expect Eli to be a magician in the final minutes every week.

[/quote]

All 5 of there were true this year and we still won it all.

1. Eli going to a club with his boys and accidentally shooting himself in the thigh.

2. Nicks staying out late with Bradshaw and getting injured because he couldn't wake up in time for pregame.

3. Bradshaw staying out late with Nicks and getting caught by TC and missing the first half of all the games as a result.

4. JPP getting injured.

5. TC throwing the challenge flag too frequently.