+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Veteran

Re: Michael Egnew TE Missouri

[quote user="gmen0820"][quote user="rainierjef"][quote user="gmen0820"][quote user="rainierjef"][quote user="gmen0820"][quote user="rainierjef"]what the **** are you talking about?
    are you just arguing to argue?
    i wanted to know where he got that no te is first round worthy
    last i remembered fleener didn't do the 40
    olson didn't do all the drills
    wait till pro days to make those claims
    whether its opinion or not doesn't make it wrong or right or smart or dumb im just asking where he got his information from.
    reese goes by game tape to evaluate the players he likes, which is why i put it up. so basically you agree with what i said by saying "Nobody knows for sure where anyone goes, especially someone on this board. GMs have an idea, but nobody knows for sure." and your wrong GM's know the guy they want if reese feels one of these TE's are a value at 32 before 64 then BPA as always.
    smfh
    [/quote]Lol what are you talking about? I don't disagree with you, I do think there are first round TEs in this draft, I just "smfh" at you for expecting him to provide you rock solid support for his claim considering nobody knows for absolute sure.

So yes I do agree with you, and I wasn't arguing with you, I didn't think I'd have to explain that. Perhaps I overestimated you.[/quote]
    so whats the point of you arguing? that's my point.

[/quote]There is no point! That was the reason of my first post in the first place. My first post to you in this thread was solely predicated on the fact that there was no point to even ask Voldamort where he got that info from, because it was clear that he either:

1.) Didn't get that info from anyone, and it was just a guess

or..

2.) If by some chance he did provide a link, whatever that link/article/video etc. produced would be equally as baseless[/quote]

what i'm saying to you though is this... what i chose to ask a poster is between me and him when you interject sort of smart *** like then i will treat you as such. i knew it was his opinion, maybe i'm asking him in my way why he feels this way and i'm giving him proof that most GM's value tape over combine numbers, so to say No TE's go in the first is kind of premature, but whatever it is what it is
    [/quote]So basically you tried to bait him into using the combine so that you can get him with the Reese video.

Gotcha. I'll let you go through with your plan next time...lol[/quote]
    tactical posting...smh lol

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Speaking of TE's instead of tactical posting, what kind of TE do you think Reese will target? A polished, pro ready style TE or maybe one with better physical tools and upside but a little raw?

To the original topic---Egnew did look pretty good today in the combine. Now, not that the combine is the only thing to rate a player, it is one of the tools used of course. But if Reese, Coughlin and Pope like what they saw today, I'm sure they will go to his pro day to evaluate him some more.

Personally if he is selected in the 3rd or 4th by our Giants, I would not mind. The one knock on him is he came from that Missouri spread system, known more for a vertical/receiving TE than an inline blocking TE.

One day, not today, not tomorrow, not this season, probably not next season either but one day, you and I are gonna wake up and suddenly we're gonna be like every other team in every other sport where winning is everything and nothing else matters. And when that day comes, well thats, thats when we'll honor them--Jack Lengyel Marshall University

[quote user="TheEnigma"]Speaking of TE's instead of tactical posting, what kind of TE do you think Reese will target? A polished, pro ready style TE or maybe one with better physical tools and upside but a little raw?[/quote]More of a Jermichael Finley type guy. During our win streak, from the Jets game on, Travis Beckum saw a sharp increase in snaps, while he played with Bear Pascoe (and later Jake Ballard).

I think, well it's obvious, the draft is going to have a lot more value with TEs that can line up in the slot and create mismatches. I think if Reese values a TE high, you might as well take your pick with Fleener, Allen and possibly Charles.

If Reese wants more of an inline guy, then Cory Harkey might be a guy he looks at, but that will be in the 4th-5th round most likely. But if Reese really sees the need in TE, he will have to go with one of those more talented guys listed above and have Pope show them the ropes.

[quote user="TheEnigma"]Speaking of TE's instead of tactical posting, what kind of TE do you think Reese will target? A polished, pro ready style TE or maybe one with better physical tools and upside but a little raw?[/quote]thats a good question. I mean most "experts" and fans think that Fleener and Allen are the most pro ready.

But I guess it depends on what happens in FA for the Giants. I mean we have to get under the cap, first and foremost. I saw some of the FAs out there. A lot of fans would like to see a Shiancoe, Dressen or another FA come in. Well if the Giants were able to get the cap number straight and sign one of the FA TEs, then I could see them going after a "2nd tier" type TE.

I might like a TE like Green or Egnew in a later rd.

One day, not today, not tomorrow, not this season, probably not next season either but one day, you and I are gonna wake up and suddenly we're gonna be like every other team in every other sport where winning is everything and nothing else matters. And when that day comes, well thats, thats when we'll honor them--Jack Lengyel Marshall University

Veteran

here's a tactical post.

Coby Fleener on his pro day will wow most nfl scouts not only with his 40 time but his knowledge for the postion and his line blocking ability.

stanford is a pro style ready system.

personal opinion here i don't think we need a burner vernon davis type speed player jason witten posted a 4.65 i think at the combine and look how versitile he is to the cowboys offense. i think fleener is in the mold of that type of TE, can block get off the blocks quick take a hit and keep upright, shown his atleticisim with one hand grabs.

IMHO he is the only TE that should be taken in the first round.

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

[quote user="Roxersboxers"]Was watching the combine for a little while and this guys numbers popped out at me.
    Hes 6'5 252 pounds
    4.53 40 yard dash (3rd best for TE's)
    36 inch vertical (Best among TE's)
    11 foot broad jump (Best among TE's)
    He's an athletic freak and these are almost identical to what jimmy graham put up in the combine 2 years ago. In no way shape or form am i saying hes going to be anywhere near as good as graham, just pointing out they had similar combine numbers and he has the potential to be that kind of player. Hes projected to be a mid 3rd to early fourth round pick. I think he would be a nice pick up for the giants in the third round. Any thoughts?[/quote] the kid looks like a beast 2nd round?

[quote user="TheEnigma"]Speaking of TE's instead of tactical posting, what kind of TE do you think Reese will target? A polished, pro ready style TE or maybe one with better physical tools and upside but a little raw?[/quote] dude great video post

[quote user="rainierjef"]here's a tactical post.

Coby Fleener on his pro day will wow most nfl scouts not only with his 40 time but his knowledge for the postion and his line blocking ability.

stanford is a pro style ready system[/quote]

I disagree. Watching some of Fleener's games recently, stanford takes him off the field in nearly every in-line formation

The most recent game I watched (cal) he was lined up a good amount of times in the slot for a lot of that game too. They'll use him in-line sometimes but, again, against cal he was used all over the field and out wide especially.

[quote user="Neverend"][quote user="rainierjef"]here's a tactical post.

stanford is a pro style ready system[/quote]

I disagree. Watching some of Fleener's games recently, stanford takes him off the field in nearly every in-line formation[/quote]

Wait ...what?

You are confusing Fleener with someone else. The guy lines up tight to the line almost every play. When he doesnt, he is in a H-back position, but that was used far less this year than 2010. Stanford runs a VERY pro style offense.