+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I could see us going WR in 2nd or 3rd round

Starter

Re: I could see us going WR in 2nd or 3rd round

100% drafting a WR in rounds 2 or 3. We have to surround Eli with weapons through these final 4/5 years of his prime. I'm for OL/RB/WR in the 1st 3 rounds. Build around Eli!

[quote user="g_menfan80"]100% drafting a WR in rounds 2 or 3. We have to surround Eli with weapons through these final 4/5 years of his prime. I'm for OL/RB/WR in the 1st 3 rounds. Build around Eli![/quote]
    I agree....I think Oline is a easier fix than we think....RB for depth/potential Jacobs replacement.......Legit TE a must.....
    But I think some underestimate manninghams role this year, it's alot easier to pay attention to nicks/Cruz when you have some nobody play the 3rd spot......also nicks thank god hasn't missed much time,but has been hurt every season

[quote user="g_menfan80"]100% drafting a WR in rounds 2 or 3. We have to surround Eli with weapons through these final 4/5 years of his prime. I'm for OL/RB/WR in the 1st 3 rounds. Build around Eli![/quote]I like in what you have said. There are a lot of routes the Giants can go inorder to continue their success and I say we get more players for our defense. I think that we have a topic about there are a lot of wrs that are going to be in FA this year. Then again, it may be a good ideal to get another receiver for Eli even if it is a back who can catch out of the backfield.

+1. I'm not convinced that we need another WR, but I wouldn't be surprised...especially if a WR is BPA available when they pick.

It doesn't matter if we draft a WR early because they normally don't get reps during their first year with the team anyway. Steve Smith is the only guy to have excelled in their system early. JJ12 had a rough start but he got most of his opportunities on special teams. The Gmen's offensive scheme is very challenging and takes time to learn, Cruz got lucky being put on IR in his rookie year because he got to learn ole boy Gilbride's scheme.

[quote user="G.I. Ants"]It doesn't matter if we draft a WR early because they normally don't get reps during their first year with the team anyway. Steve Smith is the only guy to have excelled in their system early. JJ12 had a rough start but he got most of his opportunities on special teams. The Gmen's offensive scheme is very challenging and takes time to learn, Cruz got lucky being put on IR in his rookie year because he got to learn ole boy Gilbride's scheme.
    [/quote]

and even then he got benched cause he wasn't reading things the same way as eli. People underestimate how long it takes a WR to develop

I really hope Jernigan gets the job. That kid's speed is phenomenal. I remember one return during the SB where he looked fast as hell, I thought he might even take it back.

Ofcourse none of this matters if he can't catch the ball and get open. But between him and Barden, I really hope he outperforms Barden and gets the job (considering we don't draft a better WR).
    Odell Beckham Junior: The future of the Giants

[quote user="egyptian420"]I really hope Jernigan gets the job. That kid's speed is phenomenal. I remember one return during the SB where he looked fast as hell, I thought he might even take it back.

Ofcourse none of this matters if he can't catch the ball and get open. But between him and Barden, I really hope he outperforms Barden and gets the job (considering we don't draft a better WR).
    [/quote]
    Call me crazy but I really want Steven hill a wr that's 6'4 and runs a 4.3 forty would put our offense over the top. If we get a servicable te our weapons would put even the packers to shame.

[quote user="BluGiantPies"][quote user="egyptian420"]I really hope Jernigan gets the job. That kid's speed is phenomenal. I remember one return during the SB where he looked fast as hell, I thought he might even take it back.

[/quote]
    Call me crazy but I really want Steven hill a wr that's 6'4 and runs a 4.3 forty would put our offense over the top. If we get a servicable te our weapons would put even the packers to shame.[/quote]
    I wish I knew who that was lol...I usually don't get familiar with any of the draftees until after the combine
    Odell Beckham Junior: The future of the Giants

[quote user="GGTM_1977"]With MM pretty much gone, and it is not a lock that we re-sign Devin Thomas, that leaves us Barden or Jernigan to take up the #3 role. I am sorry but I have no confidence in either. I say we go WR in round 2 or 3. I saw a post that the TEs did not ahve great combines, aka not worth a 1 st round pick. From that Im would say either Oline or Secondary guy in 1st.[/quote] some really fast guy's at this combind,can they run the right routes WHAT ABOUT THERE HANDS?

+ Reply to Thread