+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Manningham leaving a done deal?

I've been reading a lot of stuff lately about who the Giants can replace Manningham with if he leaves. The consensus seems to be that Jernigan is the number one choice, but they could draft someone else too. All these articles seem to assume that Manningham is definitely leaving. Do you think the authors know something or is it just a case of these speculative articles being a lot more interesting than articles saying things like "Manningham will probably resign"?

Re: Manningham leaving a done deal?

[quote user="Giants10Joe"]I've been reading a lot of stuff lately about who the Giants can replace Manningham with if he leaves. The consensus seems to be that Jernigan is the number one choice, but they could draft someone else too. All these articles seem to assume that Manningham is definitely leaving. Do you think the authors know something or is it just a case of these speculative articles being a lot more interesting than articles saying things like "Manningham will probably resign"?
    [/quote]

That^^. Nothing is done until it's done.

It appears so.....in articles posted in the "News" thread.....Reese has stated that MM wants to get paid and WILL get paid because of the catch in the SB. He's not getting paid by the Giants. We don't have it.....simple as that.

Starter

I think he will definately hit the FA market like Bradshaw did last year. Hopefully he isn't offered what he thinks he deserves and can come back.

Veteran

The assumptions that he is leaving make a lot of sense because now is his time to cash in and make some serious money. Most guys get cut before their rookie contract runs out, so hitting free agency in this scenario is a blessing for a guy like Manningham.

He's going to get an opportunity to be a #1 or #2 WR for another team. More play time and more money.

Manningham emerged in his sophomore year, maybe we'll see the same from Jernigan next season.

I'm ok with MM leaving. He is simple. He cannot understand the offense, and was reduced to simple routes. He wasn't running the option, he was a straight landmark guy. JJ can replace that production with more flexibility. I love him for the SB catch, but let's be honest, he's made some bone headed plays and been a liability several times. Good for him, go get paid. You'll eat a roster spot and a bunch of $$ from a team we may face. I hope Jerrah buys him. Maybe Reid like him......give us back SS12, and we'll call it even...

sorry to see him go.... but unfortunately hes definitely outta here.

[quote user="redbeardxxv"] I hope Jerrah buys him. Maybe Reid like him......give us back SS12, and we'll call it even...[/quote]

I was with you up until this. Just... no. Nobody deserves an insult like that.

Also, SS12 burned bridges getting out of NY, he's not coming back. He's had multiple injuries, and Cruz is a zillion times better in the slot anyway.

Slow your roll dont forget what ss12 did for us he was clutch in 3rd downs and put up some nice numbers for a few years not taking anything away from Cruzzzz who if he keeps it up will be amazing but Smith was really good for us I would take him back in a second for around 2mil a year if he could pass a physical he would make our catch core unstoppable. Nuf Said

By the looks of those teams interested in Manningham he is putting the dagger in his future, not a good qb on any of them, with the 49ers coming off a cinderella season can expect them to come crashing back to reality next year.
    Forget the Past, Live for the Future!