+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anyone else think Mitch Petrus deserves a shot at being a starter?

I think he deserves a shot at competing with Boothe for the guard spot

I actually like this kid a lot and think he can be real good if given the opportunity

Re: Anyone else think Mitch Petrus deserves a shot at being a starter?

100%. Reminds me of a young Richie Seubert, strong as an ox and a total clown on the sideline. Would inject youth and energy into the O-line on a regular basis, two things it really needs. I like Boothe too but I personally prefer Petrus

Right now? Absolutely not. His pass blocking is just plain bad. However during the offseason/camp/etc...These things will work themselves out and if he's showing that he deserves a shot, they'll give him one. I guess to but it blunt, what we think has no bearing on it at all.

[quote user="Vtgmenfan89"]100%. Reminds me of a young Richie Seubert, strong as an ox and a total clown on the sideline. Would inject youth and energy into the O-line on a regular basis, two things it really needs. I like Boothe too but I personally prefer Petrus[/quote] ALL IN GIVE THE KID A SHOT,we know what they have in Boothe.

Coach Flaherty will have this kid starter material. No doubt. ( Please no Madonna jokes )

They'll do what they do in every training camp for almost every position. You have to earn your starting job. If Petrus outplays Boothe, he'll get the start.

Kid has the most heart on the team. I think he will be our LG next year, or at the very least, really push Boothe for the spot.
    Put milk-steak, she'll know what it is.

[quote user="Giants10Joe"]They'll do what they do in every training camp for almost every position. You have to earn your starting job. If Petrus outplays Boothe, he'll get the start.
    [/quote]

^^this

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi

"It makes more sense to clean house completely then change the coach, have another bad year and fire the GM, then hire another GM who wants to hire his own coach"

I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Interested to see what Brewer brings to the table! Been a lot of comments about the Oline, but not many about Brewer. Interesting.

Veteran

[quote user="firstgamein49"]Interested to see what Brewer brings to the table! Been a lot of comments about the Oline, but not many about Brewer. Interesting.
    [/quote]

What is there to comment on? We know nothing about him lol. Hopefully he will have a good camp and be ready to contribute.