+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sean spence & Lavonte David

Re: Sean spence & Lavonte David

[quote user="myles2424"]Why haven't these guys got more hype around these parts?
    I think they'll both be beasts in the league,they both seem like early/mid 2nds both I'd assume gone by our 2nd rounder....

Spence 5'11 231 & David 6'1 233, not the ideal 6'2+ but I don't see it as a huge deal, others have overcame the size issue and became monsters....both could use a few lbs putting them in the 235-240 range, but that's not the hard part.....

Finding a 3 down fast,athletic LB is something we could definitely use....[/quote]Because there both Will LB's and the Giants have 2 good ones in Boley and Williams.I like David a lot but I dont know where he fits on this team. Spence im not as high on he just is nowhere near physical enough.He is more team specific then David

[quote user="Neverend"]It's such a shame the likes of Hightower and burfict get a lot more attention than Lavonte david. IMO hes right up there with those guys, if not better. In my view the best LB (3-4 excluded) in this draft if he were bigger[/quote] Not the same type of player. Those guys are physical and can get off blocks inside. David really doesnt measure up athletically to the elite WLB's that go high on draft day. Not that he isnt a great FB player but thats why he doesnt get the same love. If he has a great combine today though Im sure his name will be bounced around a lot more

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="Neverend"]It's such a shame the likes of Hightower and burfict get a lot more attention than Lavonte david. IMO hes right up there with those guys, if not better. In my view the best LB (3-4 excluded) in this draft if he were bigger[/quote] Not the same type of player. Those guys are physical and can get off blocks inside. David really doesnt measure up athletically to the elite WLB's that go high on draft day. Not that he isnt a great FB player but thats why he doesnt get the same love. If he has a great combine today though Im sure his name will be bounced around a lot more[/quote]

Yeah I know the three are all different. I'm just mainly talking about discussion and hype. Hightower and burfict probably have a chance of not going first round too

I think David is absolutely physical and a great athlete. Me, I think its because hes shaped as a safety hurts him. He also has trouble getting off blocks like you said (but, in contrast, the likes of keuchly burfict brown etc arent world beaters in that area as well). I believe he has sideline to sideline range, his iowa tape on your youtube channel shows he can keep up with wide receivers in coverage, and hes very explosive downhill. Maybe he doesn't have elite explosiveness like Burfict and zach brown, but its very good nonetheless. Well see how his combine goes

He lacks the strength to get off blocks but he has a nose for the football and always puts himself in great position, miami didnt have the best conditioning program/food nutrition under randy Shannon which is whyhe is still small but he packed on 10-20 lbs this last season under golden

I'd say there's no chance of Burflict going in the first. I'd be very surprised and super pissed if Hightower doesn't go in the 2nd round cause that would mean we had a chance at him and passed.

Like both of these guys- Spence obviously will get knocked for his size/strength, but you can't question the guys instincts/intellect. With that said, David > Spence

Bump BC ohm youngmisuk just said the giants are interested in lavonte David on ESPN new york

[quote user="BluGiantPies"]Bump BC ohm youngmisuk just said the giants are interested in lavonte David on ESPN new york[/quote]

I would be thrilled if true, im not crazy on the other names they like (randle, jones) reported thus far

[quote user="Neverend"][quote user="BluGiantPies"]Bump BC ohm youngmisuk just said the giants are interested in lavonte David on ESPN new york[/quote]

I would be thrilled if true, im not crazy on the other names they like (randle, jones) reported thus far[/quote]I like David didnt think they would be interested . If they think he can play MLB awesome.

Wow how crazy would it be if they drafted another guy from Fort Scott

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="Neverend"][quote user="BluGiantPies"]Bump BC ohm youngmisuk just said the giants are interested in lavonte David on ESPN new york[/quote]

I would be thrilled if true, im not crazy on the other names they like (randle, jones) reported thus far[/quote]I like David didnt think they would be interested . If they think he can play MLB awesome.

Wow how crazy would it be if they drafted another guy from Fort Scott[/quote] lol

+ Reply to Thread