Veteran

My Opinion on our Needs

Ok I feel our real "needs" are at

1. TE
    2. OL
    3. RB
    4. LB
    5. S

With that said, I don't feel that any of the TEs are worth the 32nd pick and I just can't see Reese selecting an OL in the first round when they can be found much later.

Next comes RBs and outside of Richardson, no one really deserves a first round pick because they aren't very good blockers (something you NEED to play RB for the Giants)

As far as LBs, Kuechly is the only guy I see worth the 32nd pick and that's because he'll probably be gone by the top 20. However I have a weird feeling that Reese might go after Zach Brown just because he is an athletic FREAK and has some serious upside with the right coaching.

Safety is pretty easy; Barron or no one in the first.

Basically barring any crazy player dropping I have this feeling that with the 32nd pick in the 2012 NFL Draft the Super Bowl Champion New York Giants select Zach Brown, LB, North Carolina.

Re: My Opinion on our Needs

1.OL
    2.TE
    3.LB
    4.S
    5.CB
    6.WR
    7.RB

Veteran

as of right now I'm faster than all of the TEs on our active roster (2 have torn ACLs ) that is not good. at least we have some bodies at oline. What do you think will happen based on our needs and who will be there/bpa?

spizi, I agree that the Giants top 2 needs would be OL and TE. But I also see mike backer and maybe CB being up there as well.

You have 2 starters from 2010 that are coming back from ACL surgery, in Goff and Thomas. Actually our CB position was decimated with injuries, including Bruce Johnson, Tryon, Witherspoon and Coe.

Now who knows what will happen definitively with Diehl and McKenzie. But I can see Reese looking at a OT in the draft. And as for TE, maybe that gets addressed in FA(once we get our cap number straight). But I can see a TE drafted as well. Will it be Fleener or Allen in the late 1st rd? Or will it be the next Tier of TEs somewhere between the 3rd and 5th?

With all of that said, I would not be surprised if Reese went Mercilus or the best available DT at 32. The strength of our D is our front 4, so I would not be shocked at all.

Perry Fewell is out there playing Tecmo Bowl defense with just 4 plays you can pick from on the remote control.
    --sharick88

Veteran

[quote user="tonyt830"]

spizi, I agree that the Giants top 2 needs would be OL and TE.* But I also see mike backer and maybe CB being up there as well.

You have 2 starters from 2010 that are coming back from ACL surgery, in Goff and Thomas.* Actually our CB position was decimated with injuries, including Bruce Johnson, Tryon, Witherspoon and Coe.

Now who knows what will happen definitively with Diehl and McKenzie.* But I can see Reese looking at a OT in the draft.* And as for TE,* maybe that gets addressed in FA(once we get our cap number straight).* But I can see a TE drafted as well.* Will it be Fleener or Allen in the late 1st rd?* Or will it be the next Tier of TEs somewhere between the 3rd and 5th?*

With all of that said, I would not be surprised if Reese went Mercilus or the best available DT at 32.* The strength of our D is our front 4, so I would not be shocked at all.

[/quote]

that's also what I was thinking. Since I can't see any of those positions worth the first round pick, I could see Reese taking a DE.