+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephen Hill

Re: Stephen Hill

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="Neverend"][quote user="BluGiantPies"]6'4 215 4.3 forty and almost a 40 inch vertical and the fastest ten yard split ever recorded. Would he be in the discussion at 32?[/quote]

Ever recorded? Oh my

Lets not too excited about this guy. Look at the offense he came from. With this team he immediately becomes somewhat of a project. Plus hes had issues with coming up with the easy drop.

Yes, he was extremely impressive and has to be in first round discussion now. Its not just his straight line speed, his ball skills and body control in the air is very great as well. Still... hes a work in progress and needs to develop a route tree otherwise he'll be just a one-dimensional type player on the giants[/quote]The Drop in the UNC game was the worst drop I saw all season[/quote]Drops are a part of the game & it happens to the best of them. NFLdraftscout.com had Hakeem Nicks as the best WR prospect in his class when it comes down to the HANDS attribute. He has shown his fair share of drops but makes up for them w/ plenty of big time plays. Wouldn't trade Nicks for any WR in that class.

[quote user="BluGiantPies"]6'4 215 4.3 forty and almost a 40 inch vertical and the fastest ten yard split ever recorded. Would he be in the discussion at 32?[/quote]Stephen Hill & Michael Floyd really looked good in all drills today. "Touchdown" Tommy Streeter has got serious potential as well as Hill as "deep ball threats" or "red zone threats". Both will get drafted specifically to blow the tops off defenses.

[quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="Neverend"][quote user="BluGiantPies"]6'4 215 4.3 forty and almost a 40 inch vertical and the fastest ten yard split ever recorded. Would he be in the discussion at 32?[/quote]

Ever recorded? Oh my

Lets not too excited about this guy. Look at the offense he came from. With this team he immediately becomes somewhat of a project. Plus hes had issues with coming up with the easy drop.

Yes, he was extremely impressive and has to be in first round discussion now. Its not just his straight line speed, his ball skills and body control in the air is very great as well. Still... hes a work in progress and needs to develop a route tree otherwise he'll be just a one-dimensional type player on the giants[/quote]The Drop in the UNC game was the worst drop I saw all season[/quote]Drops are a part of the game & it happens to the best of them. NFLdraftscout.com had Hakeem Nicks as the best WR prospect in his class when it comes down to the HANDS attribute. He has shown his fair share of drops but makes up for them w/ plenty of big time plays. Wouldn't trade Nicks for any WR in that class.

[/quote]wouldn't trade Nicks for anyone

[quote user="cornerback30"][quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="Neverend"][quote user="BluGiantPies"]6'4 215 4.3 forty and almost a 40 inch vertical and the fastest ten yard split ever recorded. Would he be in the discussion at 32?[/quote]

Ever recorded? Oh my

[/quote]wouldn't trade Nicks for anyone
    [/quote]Not even Megatron, right?

Even before the combine there were rumors this kid would explode.

In 1 way, there is a serious comparison to be made between Hill and Stanford's Coby Fleener. They both share the same ridiculous upside. But, because of the limmited use in their respective college offenses, there are going to be unknowns. Any time there is an unknown, you have risk.

What we do know is that in both cases when asked to perform their role, albeit a minor role in each player's respective offense, they were very good players.

[quote user="BlueSanta"]Even before the combine there were rumors this kid would explode.

In 1 way, there is a serious comparison to be made between Hill and Stanford's Coby Fleener. They both share the same ridiculous upside. But, because of the limmited use in their respective college offenses, there are going to be unknowns. Any time there is an unknown, you have risk.

What we do know is that in both cases when asked to perform their role, albeit a minor role in each player's respective offense, they were very good players.

[/quote]
    As shown by hill's 29.3 yards per catch. What I don't understand is if the kid has that much ability how could u waste his talents only throwing to him 3-5 times per game even if it is a triple option offense. That of should a found some ways to get the ball in this guys hands more with speed like that.

[quote user="BluGiantPies"][quote user="BlueSanta"]Even before the combine there were rumors this kid would explode.

[/quote]
    As shown by hill's 29.3 yards per catch. What I don't understand is if the kid has that much ability how could u waste his talents only throwing to him 3-5 times per game even if it is a triple option offense. That of should a found some ways to get the ball in this guys hands more with speed like that.[/quote]

I think you are asking the wrong question to the wrong person.

If you are that athletic coming out of high school and you play a position like WR. WHY ON EARTH would you want to go to a college program that only passes the ball ~20% of offensive plays?

I get that being self centered is bad. But cmon, thats the opposite of self centered, thats down right self destructive.

Veteran

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="BluGiantPies"][quote user="BlueSanta"]Even before the combine there were rumors this kid would explode.

[/quote]
    As shown by hill's 29.3 yards per catch. What I don't understand is if the kid has that much ability how could u waste his talents only throwing to him 3-5 times per game even if it is a triple option offense. That of should a found some ways to get the ball in this guys hands more with speed like that.[/quote]

If you are that athletic coming out of high school and you play a position like WR. WHY ON EARTH would you want to go to a college program that only passes the ball ~20% of offensive plays?

I get that being self centered is bad. But cmon, thats the opposite of self centered, thats down right self destructive.
    [/quote]

Well he was only like the 90th ranked WR of his recruiting class, he was by no means a surefire starter at every program.

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="BluGiantPies"][quote user="BlueSanta"]Even before the combine there were rumors this kid would explode.

[/quote]

[/quote]
    I like your logic man. Lol I just wanted to get an opinion on it, thx for the reply.

Ahhhhha so I guess he didn't get crazy offers, and outta the ones he did maybe he saw the recent success of GT wr in the NFL and figured he'd get a chance to shine.