+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephen Hill

Re: Stephen Hill

Ahhhhha so I guess he didn't get crazy offers, and outta the ones he did maybe he saw the recent success of GT wr in the NFL and figured he'd get a chance to shine.

[quote user="jhamburg"][quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="BluGiantPies"][quote user="BlueSanta"]Even before the combine there were rumors this kid would explode.

In 1 way, there is a serious comparison to be made between Hill and Stanford's Coby Fleener. They both share the same ridiculous upside. But, because of the limmited use in their respective college offenses, there are going to be unknowns. Any time there is an unknown, you have risk.

What we do know is that in both cases when asked to perform their role, albeit a minor role in each player's respective offense, they were very good players.

[/quote]
    As shown by hill's 29.3 yards per catch. What I don't understand is if the kid has that much ability how could u waste his talents only throwing to him 3-5 times per game even if it is a triple option offense. That of should a found some ways to get the ball in this guys hands more with speed like that.[/quote]

I think you are asking the wrong question to the wrong person.

If you are that athletic coming out of high school and you play a position like WR. WHY ON EARTH would you want to go to a college program that only passes the ball ~20% of offensive plays?

I get that being self centered is bad. But cmon, thats the opposite of self centered, thats down right self destructive.
    [/quote]

Well he was only like the 90th ranked WR of his recruiting class, he was by no means a surefire starter at every program.[/quote]Yeah, he wasn't highly recruited coming out of HS. He had offers from Boston College, GT, Mississippi, Miss St., North Carolina, UAB, and UCF. He's from Georgia so he probably wanted to go to school & play ball close to home.

[quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="jhamburg"][quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="BluGiantPies"][quote user="BlueSanta"]Even before the combine there were rumors this kid would explode.

In 1 way, there is a serious comparison to be made between Hill and Stanford's Coby Fleener. They both share the same ridiculous upside. But, because of the limmited use in their respective college offenses, there are going to be unknowns. Any time there is an unknown, you have risk.

What we do know is that in both cases when asked to perform their role, albeit a minor role in each player's respective offense, they were very good players.

[/quote]
    As shown by hill's 29.3 yards per catch. What I don't understand is if the kid has that much ability how could u waste his talents only throwing to him 3-5 times per game even if it is a triple option offense. That of should a found some ways to get the ball in this guys hands more with speed like that.[/quote]

I think you are asking the wrong question to the wrong person.

If you are that athletic coming out of high school and you play a position like WR. WHY ON EARTH would you want to go to a college program that only passes the ball ~20% of offensive plays?

I get that being self centered is bad. But cmon, thats the opposite of self centered, thats down right self destructive.
    [/quote]

Well he was only like the 90th ranked WR of his recruiting class, he was by no means a surefire starter at every program.[/quote]Yeah, he wasn't highly recruited coming out of HS. He had offers from Boston College, GT, Mississippi, Miss St., North Carolina, UAB, and UCF. He's from Georgia so he probably wanted to go to school & play ball close to home.
    [/quote]
    YA, im not rly judging him. Who knows his motives, they could be really good ones, like to stay close to help take care of his familiy or w/e.

I was more kidding that not. It is interesting tho.

[quote user="BluGiantPies"]6'4 215 4.3 forty and almost a 40 inch vertical and the fastest ten yard split ever recorded. Would he be in the discussion at 32?[/quote]

Every .... frickin .... Combine.

Let's not forget the kid couldn't catch a cold.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="BluGiantPies"]6'4 215 4.3 forty and almost a 40 inch vertical and the fastest ten yard split ever recorded. Would he be in the discussion at 32?[/quote]

Let's not forget the kid couldn't catch a cold.[/quote]

Not true at all.

There is a different between not being able to catch and not being thrown to.

Georgia tech averaged about 10 passes per game, compared to 55 rushing attempts per game. Only about 3 of those passes were to Hill.

He also might be the very best runblocking WR in this draft.Actually, he might be the best downfield blocking wr to come out of the draft in 5 years or more.

He has done everything asked of him. Its not his fault if his team didnt throw the ball much.

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="BluGiantPies"]6'4 215 4.3 forty and almost a 40 inch vertical and the fastest ten yard split ever recorded. Would he be in the discussion at 32?[/quote]

Not true at all.

Georgia tech averaged about 10 passes per game, compared to 55 rushing attempts per game. Only about 3 of those passes were to Hill.

He also might be the very best runblocking WR in this draft.Actually, he might be the best downfield blocking wr to come out of the draft in 5 years or more.

He has done everything asked of him. Its not his fault if his team didnt throw the ball much.

[/quote] He has concentration issues for sure. Maybe its because of the lack of targets

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="BluGiantPies"]6'4 215 4.3 forty and almost a 40 inch vertical and the fastest ten yard split ever recorded. Would he be in the discussion at 32?[/quote]

Not true at all.

[/quote] He has concentration issues for sure. Maybe its because of the lack of targets[/quote]

So they didn't target him enough in the throwing drills at the Combine?

Because he looked VERY mediocre in that regard.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Everything I've read said he looked great in all the drills including those.

[quote user="BluGiantPies"]Everything I've read said he looked great in all the drills including those.[/quote]

Nope ... dropped hafl the balls (literally) thrown at him.

Very fast guy ... moderate receiving abilities.

This is the kind of guy the Raiders would have reached for in ages past because of his 40 time and then watch him catch 30 balls per year.

Meh.