+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Stephen Hill

Re: Stephen Hill

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="michaelkhan3"][quote user="BurnerNYG"]Who cares how fast he is... the guy only had 28 catches. Who wants another 2-3 year project?[/quote]

I know he probably won't turn out the same but that's what we said about JPP and look at him now. If we take him I'll be excited about it
    [/quote]

The JPPs of the world are the exception not the rule.

If Stephen Hill was a 4th rounder, I'd agree with you.

Some momos are now projecting him as high as the 22nd pick overall.

Lawl lawl lawl.[/quote]Demaryius Thomas was successful and he came from there I believe is the line of thinking.Some of the same type of flaws as well. He was more productive though[/quote]

Ok ... but Stephen Hill is most often compared to Darius Heyward-Bey .... sooooooo ....

Kid may turn out to be a good receiver. He's certainly fast enough in a straight line. However he doesn't have #1 receiver skills (past speed) and I wouldn't waste a 1st or 2nd round pick on a #2 or #3 receiver candidate (then again I'm not a GM either so I'm as full of **** as anyone )
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Veteran

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="michaelkhan3"][quote user="BurnerNYG"]Who cares how fast he is... the guy only had 28 catches. Who wants another 2-3 year project?[/quote]

I know he probably won't turn out the same but that's what we said about JPP and look at him now. If we take him I'll be excited about it
    [/quote]

Lawl lawl lawl.[/quote]Demaryius Thomas was successful and he came from there I believe is the line of thinking.Some of the same type of flaws as well. He was more productive though[/quote]

Ok ... but Stephen Hill is most often compared to Darius Heyward-Bey .... sooooooo ....

Kid may turn out to be a good receiver. He's certainly fast enough in a straight line. However he doesn't have #1 receiver skills (past speed) and I wouldn't waste a 1st or 2nd round pick on a #2 or #3 receiver candidate (then again I'm not a GM either so I'm as full of **** as anyone )[/quote]

DHB caught for almost 1000 yards last year. Not exactly a bust, although he wasn't polished coming out so he took longer to develop.

No one is saying to draft this guy 7th overall either...

Veteran

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="michaelkhan3"][quote user="BurnerNYG"]Who cares how fast he is... the guy only had 28 catches. Who wants another 2-3 year project?[/quote]

[/quote]

Kid may turn out to be a good receiver. He's certainly fast enough in a straight line. However he doesn't have #1 receiver skills (past speed) and I wouldn't waste a 1st or 2nd round pick on a #2 or #3 receiver candidate (then again I'm not a GM either so I'm as full of **** as anyone )[/quote]

DHB caught for almost 1000 yards last year. Not exactly a bust, although he wasn't polished coming out so he took longer to develop.

No one is saying to draft this guy 7th overall either...

[quote user="jhamburg"][quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="michaelkhan3"][quote user="BurnerNYG"]Who cares how fast he is... the guy only had 28 catches. Who wants another 2-3 year project?[/quote]

[/quote]

No one is saying to draft this guy 7th overall either...[/quote]

True but DHB was also expected to produce a lot more then he has. So while his numbers weren't *bad* in 2011, they still haven't lived up to expectation either.

Similarly, Hill is starting to be touted as a first round talent (granted late first round). Two weeks ago he was a 4th round prospect. That's the pitfall that is the Combine and a fast 40 speed.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Veteran

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="jhamburg"][quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="michaelkhan3"][quote user="BurnerNYG"]Who cares how fast he is... the guy only had 28 catches. Who wants another 2-3 year project?[/quote]

[/quote]

True but DHB was also expected to produce a lot more then he has. So while his numbers weren't *bad* in 2011, they still haven't lived up to expectation either.

Similarly, Hill is starting to be touted as a first round talent (granted late first round). Two weeks ago he was a 4th round prospect. That's the pitfall that is the Combine and a fast 40 speed.[/quote]

He *has* lived up to expectations. Everyone knew he would struggle early on learning NFL offenses and routes, and hopefully his athleticism would enable him to become a decent/good WR after a few years. That's exactly what happened.

DHB only failed to live up to Al Davis' expectations. Everyone else knew he was a late 1st/2nd round prospect, behind Crabtree, Maclin, Nicks, and Britt. He's infamous because he was taken way too early.

if someone takes Hill before Blackmon I'll be the first to say it's a stupid pick, but there's nothing wrong with us considering him at our position.

[quote user="jhamburg"][quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="jhamburg"][quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="michaelkhan3"][quote user="BurnerNYG"]Who cares how fast he is... the guy only had 28 catches. Who wants another 2-3 year project?[/quote]

[/quote]

Similarly, Hill is starting to be touted as a first round talent (granted late first round). Two weeks ago he was a 4th round prospect. That's the pitfall that is the Combine and a fast 40 speed.[/quote]

He *has* lived up to expectations. Everyone knew he would struggle early on learning NFL offenses and routes, and hopefully his athleticism would enable him to become a decent/good WR after a few years. That's exactly what happened.

DHB only failed to live up to Al Davis' expectations. Everyone else knew he was a late 1st/2nd round prospect, behind Crabtree, Maclin, Nicks, and Britt. He's infamous because he was taken way too early.

if someone takes Hill before Blackmon I'll be the first to say it's a stupid pick, but there's nothing wrong with us considering him at our position.[/quote]

No.

You don't draft a WR 7th overall and be a sub 1000 yard receiver and get to say "you lived up to expectations".

Whatever everyone thought before or since is regardless ... the point that he is NOT what he was drafted as is a testament to the point I was making ... fast Combine speeds that move players up (or down) in the draft is just a pitfall.

i.e. - Stephen Hill's draft ascension is a pitfall. He will not be (most likely) anywhere near as good as what he will be drafted at (if he goes in the first 2 rounds).

Veteran

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="jhamburg"][quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="jhamburg"][quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="michaelkhan3"][quote user="BurnerNYG"]Who cares how fast he is... the guy only had 28 catches. Who wants another 2-3 year project?[/quote]

[/quote]

if someone takes Hill before Blackmon I'll be the first to say it's a stupid pick, but there's nothing wrong with us considering him at our position.[/quote]

No.

You don't draft a WR 7th overall and be a sub 1000 yard receiver and get to say "you lived up to expectations".

Whatever everyone thought before or since is regardless ... the point that he is NOT what he was drafted as is a testament to the point I was making ... fast Combine speeds that move players up (or down) in the draft is just a pitfall.[/quote]

You don't get it.

Stephen HIll is a mid-round prospect who moved up to late 1st/2nd round consideration due to a strong combine.

DHB was a mid-round prospect who moved up to late 1st/2nd round consideration due to a strong combine.

Teams were RIGHT to move him up their draft boards due to his combine performance.
    With his numbers last year, he lived up to that draft status. The fact that Al Davis made an insane pick at #7 doesn't change that fact. He DID NOT live up to the #7 pick. There is a huge difference.

Like I said, if we were talking about drafting Hill at #7 I'd say GTFO. But that's not what we're talking about.

[quote user="jhamburg"]
    Like I said, if we were talking about drafting Hill at #7 I'd say GTFO. But that's not what we're talking about.[/quote]

And I contend that if you draft Hill anywhere north of the 4th round you'll basically be getting the same value as if you drafted him #7 overall.

He's a very fast, very mediocre receiver (imo of course).

ill take him in the second round. im sure Reese will make the right decision.

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="jhamburg"]
    Like I said, if we were talking about drafting Hill at #7 I'd say GTFO. But that's not what we're talking about.[/quote]

And I contend that if you draft Hill anywhere north of the 4th round you'll basically be getting the same value as if you drafted him #7 overall.

He's a very fast, very mediocre receiver (imo of course).[/quote]
    Actually I saw him projected to go as high as the niners pick weeks before the combine so obv some people think he's not just a medicore reciever. At worst he's a medicore receiver with a rediculously high upside.