+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Stephen Hill

Re: Stephen Hill

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="michaelkhan3"][quote user="BurnerNYG"]Who cares how fast he is... the guy only had 28 catches. Who wants another 2-3 year project?[/quote]

I know he probably won't turn out the same but that's what we said about JPP and look at him now. If we take him I'll be excited about it
    [/quote]

The JPPs of the world are the exception not the rule.

If Stephen Hill was a 4th rounder, I'd agree with you.

Some momos are now projecting him as high as the 22nd pick overall.

Lawl lawl lawl.[/quote]Demaryius Thomas was successful and he came from there I believe is the line of thinking.Some of the same type of flaws as well. He was more productive though[/quote]

Ok ... but Stephen Hill is most often compared to Darius Heyward-Bey .... sooooooo ....

Kid may turn out to be a good receiver. He's certainly fast enough in a straight line. However he doesn't have #1 receiver skills (past speed) and I wouldn't waste a 1st or 2nd round pick on a #2 or #3 receiver candidate (then again I'm not a GM either so I'm as full of **** as anyone )[/quote] I seem to remember the heyward Bey draft year that the giants were very interested in Bey. Pretty sure they brought him in for interview and everything and if he was there he might be in blue today instead of nicks.

[quote user="BluGiantPies"][quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="jhamburg"]
    Like I said, if we were talking about drafting Hill at #7 I'd say GTFO. But that's not what we're talking about.[/quote]

And I contend that if you draft Hill anywhere north of the 4th round you'll basically be getting the same value as if you drafted him #7 overall.

He's a very fast, very mediocre receiver (imo of course).[/quote]
    Actually I saw him projected to go as high as the niners pick weeks before the combine so obv some people think he's not just a medicore reciever. At worst he's a medicore receiver with a rediculously high upside.[/quote]

At worst, he's a mediocre receiver that someone reached for.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

[quote user="BluGiantPies"][quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="michaelkhan3"][quote user="BurnerNYG"]Who cares how fast he is... the guy only had 28 catches. Who wants another 2-3 year project?[/quote]

I know he probably won't turn out the same but that's what we said about JPP and look at him now. If we take him I'll be excited about it
    [/quote]

Lawl lawl lawl.[/quote]Demaryius Thomas was successful and he came from there I believe is the line of thinking.Some of the same type of flaws as well. He was more productive though[/quote]

Ok ... but Stephen Hill is most often compared to Darius Heyward-Bey .... sooooooo ....

Kid may turn out to be a good receiver. He's certainly fast enough in a straight line. However he doesn't have #1 receiver skills (past speed) and I wouldn't waste a 1st or 2nd round pick on a #2 or #3 receiver candidate (then again I'm not a GM either so I'm as full of **** as anyone )[/quote] I seem to remember the heyward Bey draft year that the giants were very interested in Bey. Pretty sure they brought him in for interview and everything and if he was there he might be in blue today instead of nicks.[/quote]

Yep ... which continues a long line of crap that the NY Daily News have reported with "unnamed sources".

When was the last time the Giants traded up in the first? I can't remember them doing it in 35 years. The closest thing to them doing that is the trade for Eli and that was a straight trade and for a franchise QB they considered to be (at the time) potentially the best QB the Giants ever had.

The other time they messed with their first round draft pick was also for what they thought would be a franchise QB in using the supplemental pick to draft Dave Brown.

You really think they were going to do something similar for Heyward-Bey?

Seriously?
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="BluGiantPies"][quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="michaelkhan3"][quote user="BurnerNYG"]Who cares how fast he is... the guy only had 28 catches. Who wants another 2-3 year project?[/quote]

[/quote]

Kid may turn out to be a good receiver. He's certainly fast enough in a straight line. However he doesn't have #1 receiver skills (past speed) and I wouldn't waste a 1st or 2nd round pick on a #2 or #3 receiver candidate (then again I'm not a GM either so I'm as full of **** as anyone )[/quote] I seem to remember the heyward Bey draft year that the giants were very interested in Bey. Pretty sure they brought him in for interview and everything and if he was there he might be in blue today instead of nicks.[/quote]

Yep ... which continues a long line of crap that the NY Daily News have reported with "unnamed sources".

When was the last time the Giants traded up in the first? I can't remember them doing it in 35 years. The closest thing to them doing that is the trade for Eli and that was a straight trade and for a franchise QB they considered to be (at the time) potentially the best QB the Giants ever had.

The other time they messed with their first round draft pick was also for what they thought would be a franchise QB in using the supplemental pick to draft Dave Brown.

Seriously?[/quote] Daily News cant really tell U the person in the War Room who is giving them info the guy would be fired.

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="BluGiantPies"][quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="michaelkhan3"][quote user="BurnerNYG"]Who cares how fast he is... the guy only had 28 catches. Who wants another 2-3 year project?[/quote]

[/quote]

Seriously?[/quote] Daily News cant really tell U the person in the War Room who is giving them info the guy would be fired.[/quote]

My point is that more times then not the Daily News is full of **** and in this case, almost certainly is.

Marc Ross met with Stephen hill at the Georgia tech pro day.

[quote user="Kruunch"]

Seriously?[/quote]Considering they nearly traded up for Maclin that same year, I do.

[quote user="Kruunch"]
    My point is that more times then not the Daily News is full of **** and in this case, almost certainly is.[/quote]Pot calling the kettle black? You just admitted a few posts ago you're just as full of **** as anyone.

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="BluGiantPies"][quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="michaelkhan3"][quote user="BurnerNYG"]Who cares how fast he is... the guy only had 28 catches. Who wants another 2-3 year project?[/quote]

[/quote] The JPPs of the world are the exception not the rule. If Stephen Hill was a 4th rounder, I'd agree with you. Some momos are now projecting him as high as the 22nd pick overall. Lawl lawl lawl.[/quote]Demaryius Thomas was successful and he came from there I believe is the line of thinking.Some of the same type of flaws as well. He was more productive though[/quote] Ok ... but Stephen Hill is most often compared to Darius Heyward-Bey .... sooooooo .... Kid may turn out to be a good receiver. He's certainly fast enough in a straight line. However he doesn't have #1 receiver skills (past speed) and I wouldn't waste a 1st or 2nd round pick on a #2 or #3 receiver candidate (then again I'm not a GM either so I'm as full of **** as anyone )[/quote] I seem to remember the heyward Bey draft year that the giants were very interested in Bey. Pretty sure they brought him in for interview and everything and if he was there he might be in blue today instead of nicks.[/quote] Yep ... which continues a long line of crap that the NY Daily News have reported with "unnamed sources". When was the last time the Giants traded up in the first? I can't remember them doing it in 35 years. The closest thing to them doing that is the trade for Eli and that was a straight trade and for a franchise QB they considered to be (at the time) potentially the best QB the Giants ever had. The other time they messed with their first round draft pick was also for what they thought would be a franchise QB in using the supplemental pick to draft Dave Brown. You really think they were going to do something similar for Heyward-Bey? Seriously?[/quote]I thought they traded up to get Ross.
    Engage brain before speaking.

Gmen is spot on

The Giants loved Heyward-Bey. The same way they loved JPP, Nate Solder as well

The funny part is, fans were in great denial when all those reports surfaced (it was laughable reading these boards last year and how some were in denial that the giants could be interested in a prospect like solder and shot it off). I know I panicked when it was reported the giants were extremely high on JPP.

And since the raiders took bey, maclin took a drop. The Giants were absolutely going to trade up until philly beat them. Nicks wasnt a "sexy" pick, there was a little bit of a disappoint theme around that time. It didn't help matters that lots of giants fans loved britt