+ Reply to Thread

BJ / Reese / Coughlin Meet at Combine

Apparently Brandon Jacobs met with TC and JR to hammer out a new deal.

It seems as if the sides are intent on keeping BJ in Big Blue (at least for 2012).

In other news, the Giants FO was intently scrutinizing TEs at the Combine.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Re: BJ / Reese / Coughlin Meet at Combine

I kinda hope the attention to TE is a head-fake, unless one of them is really BPA at # 32. I'd rather see it on the o-line, d-line, secondary, or WR. Get a veteran to hold the fort with Pascoe until Ballard can hopefully come back.

I hope to see BJ come back. Improve the o-line before taking on a potentially expensive young RB.

Thanks for the info Kruunch.Looking very positive for retaining Jacobs. I agree JJC re Oline-Jacobs in particular needs better holesfor anorth/south direction.It just wasn't working when he was forced east/west.

The comments on NFLN about the TE group at the Combine were thatnone were round 1 worthy.

All-Pro

Hope they can work a deal out and he finishes his career as a Giant.

As far as the Giants looking at the TE's, it's no surprise they need one. That does not mean they are taking one with their 1st pick. They value all their picks and FA pick ups. Just because they need one doesn't mean Reese is going to reach for one. When Boss left last year he replaced him with a FA.

All-Pro

As much heat that Jacobs gets, he truely is a competitive beast and a team first guy. About to take another pay cut to stay with the Champions.

[quote user="buddy33"]Hope they can work a deal out and he finishes his career as a Giant. As far as the Giants looking at the TE's, it's no surprise they need one. That does not mean they are taking one with their 1st pick. They value all their picks and FA pick ups. Just because they need one doesn't mean Reese is going to reach for one. When Boss left last year he replaced him with a FA.[/quote]

Agreed, just b.c they were looking at TEs', though I'm sure they look at pretty much every position, doesn't mean they intend on taking one high.

Heck, they may be more intent on taking one in the middle rounds, but want to fidn the right guy.

All Hail The New York Giants!!

We need TEs. With two with ACLs and starting on the PUP it doesn't leave us much.

I watched the TEs at the combine and came away with two that I liked, Egnew from Missouri and Paulson from Oregon. Maybe not the first round, but this is a big need for the club.

That being said, if Fleener from Stanford has a good pro day, and he's available, don't hold your breath.

Good i like BJ, hope its a contract that gives us decent capspace...... and why are people hating on TE's that is a MAJOR need right now

All-Pro

[quote user="wolfie"]

We need TEs. With two with ACLs and starting on the PUP it doesn't leave us much.

I watched the TEs at the combine and came away with two that I liked, Egnew from Missouri and Paulson from Oregon. Maybe not the first round, but this is a big need for the club.

That being said, if Fleener from Stanford has a good pro day, and he's available, don't hold your breath.

[/quote]

This is the mistake so many make (especially the Raiders). Watching players at the combine and putting that above what they did in college in actually games. Fleener and Allen will be solid in the league in my opinion, but of course there are others that will slip through the cracks. TEs always do.