+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

BRANDON JACOBS AND GIANTS TRYING TO WORK OUT NEW CONTRACT

BRANDON JACOBS AND GIANTS TRYING TO WORK OUT NEW CONTRACT

"According to Mike Garafolo of the Newark Star- Ledger, the New York
    Giants
    have met with the representatives of Brandon
    Jacobs
    in an attempt to work out a new contract.

New England Patriots Patrick Chung and Kyle Arrington
    tackle New York
    Giants
    running back Brandon
    Jacobs
    during the second quarter at Super Bowl XLVI at Lucas Oil Stadium on
    February 5, 2012 in Indianapolis. UPI/Kevin Dietsch

Jacobs is due a $500,000 roster bonus in March and has a base salary of over
    $4 million this coming season.

The
    Giants and representatives for Brandon
    Jacobs
    spoke in Indianapolis during the NFL Scouting Combine but did not come to an immediate
    resolution about the running back's future, according to someone informed of the
    discussions between the sides.

With the 6th highest projected cap number, the Giants are trying to free up
    some space to allow themselves to sign some free agents and give out new
    contracts to current members of the team (such as Victor
    Cruz
    ).

Though Jacobs saw a dip in production this past season, he is clearly a
    veteran leader that the Giants like and he is still very effective down at the
    goal line (perfect evidence is his franchise leading 56 touchdowns) and in pass
    protection. He is only 1 year removed from a season where he averaged over 5
    yard per carry. Contrary to popular belief, the 29 year old still has something
    left in the tank.

Jacobs has continually expressed his desire to retire as a Giant and get a
    deal done, so expect that to happen in the coming weeks."

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Veteran

Re: BRANDON JACOBS AND GIANTS TRYING TO WORK OUT NEW CONTRACT

Jacobs is only 29? I would rather keep him, but at a lower cap number obviously.

I don't see the harm in keeping BJ on this team.

Jacobs has more left than Bradshaw, I hope he returns. He can still play and is a fantastic leader.

GET IT DONE!

Thanks Roa [B]
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

#80 - Get well soon Vic

I think if we shore up the OLine and improve their run blocking, BJ will make us proud in the role they ask him to fill.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

[quote user="RoanokeFan"]I think if we shore up the OLine and improve their run blocking, BJ will make us proud in the role they ask him to fill.
    [/quote]

A lot of people like to clown Jacobs & call him the tip toe burglar... but if you watched last season when the offensive line did it's job & decided that they wanted to actually block someone for a change... Jacobs was a bully... he was running over 3 defenders, juking people out of their cleats, hitting the hole hard for 10+...

Jacobs is a man amongst boys. Everyone acts like it's his fault he can't pick up a few inches on 3rd/4th & short. EVERYONE & their mother knows we are running straight up the middle, the O-Line usually gets zero push, the blocking is awful, D-linemen come off the line untouched most times & meet Brandon in the backfield.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

#80 - Get well soon Vic

[quote user="NYG4lifeNYK"][quote user="RoanokeFan"]I think if we shore up the OLine and improve their run blocking, BJ will make us proud in the role they ask him to fill.
    [/quote]

A lot of people like to clown Jacobs & call him the tip toe burglar... but if you watched last season when the offensive line did it's job & decided that they wanted to actually block someone for a change... Jacobs was a bully... he was running over 3 defenders, juking people out of their cleats, hitting the hole hard for 10+...

Jacobs is a man amongst boys. Everyone acts like it's his fault he can't pick up a few inches on 3rd/4th & short. EVERYONE & their mother knows we are running straight up the middle, the O-Line usually gets zero push, the blocking is awful, D-linemen come off the line untouched most times & meet Brandon in the backfield.
    [/quote]

I hope he stays and that the line explodes off the ball

# 80

They'll need to make drastic changes to his contract to make it worth keeping him. I like having him as a player, but you simply can't pay him start money to be a backup. Especially at a position thats proving more and more to be a plug and play position.
    All Hail The New York Giants!!

[quote user="TrueBlue@NYC"]They'll need to make drastic changes to his contract to make it worth keeping him. I like having him as a player, but you simply can't pay him start money to be a backup. Especially at a position thats proving more and more to be a plug and play position.[/quote]

He's already said he's willing to re-structure again.

# 80