+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TE in Round 1

TE in Round 1

Most of the mock drafts I have seen have the Giants taking either Fleener or Allen in the 1st round. I think if either of these guys are available they have to take them. Then go OL or LB in round 2, RB or Receiver in 3. Thoughts?

Re: TE in Round 1

Please no more WR draft picks even if Manning ham leaves. JR will do what he usually does in round 1 BPA.

[quote user="nygsb42champs"]Please no more WR draft picks even if Manning ham leaves. JR will do what he usually does in round 1 BPA.[/quote]If Jernigan stinks it up, people will realize how important that 3rd WR spot was.....

Surprisingly no other teams seem interested in taking a tight end in round 1, this is in our favor. In 2008 the same situation happened with the safety position and at 32 Phillips I am pretty sure was the 1st safety taken. If this is the case again and no TE has gone we gotta get one!

[quote user="nygsb42champs"]Please no more WR draft picks even if Manning ham leaves. JR will do what he usually does in round 1 BPA.[/quote]TE and or OL sounds best option. Go with BPA out of those 2. WR it sounds as TC and JR are optimistic w/JJ. Not over ally concerned at all about a wr. I could even see Thomas getting a shot.

But the two main spots I am concerned about is OL and now TE with all the injuries. Bear will stay, Ballard will be back after his recovery and I would be surprised if Beckum is back and if he is, isn't this like his 3rd major injury in 3 years?

Peace,
    DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

I'm thinking the best value to grab a TE might be in the 3rd to 5th round range this year.

Just gotta hope that more teams reach for QB's this year and in turn, drop a good prospect down to us.
    3/25/14 - Updated Mock with 5th round comp pick

1. Anthony Barr, Defensive End, UCLA
    2. Marcus Martin, Center Guard, USC
    3. Anthony Johnson, Defensive Nostril Tackle, LSU
    4. Marcel Jensen, Offensive End, Fresno State
    5. Wesley Johnson, Offensive Any Guard, Vanderbilt
    5. Aaron Colvin, Defensive Halfback, Oklahoma
    6. Storm Johnson, Guy Who Runs With Football, UCF

[quote user="TheEnigma"]I'm thinking the best value to grab a TE might be in the 3rd to 5th round range this year.

Just gotta hope that more teams reach for QB's this year and in turn, drop a good prospect down to us.[/quote]most seem to be saying that the top 2 TES like Allen and the other TE are legit #1 wrs, and if we can grab them as the last pick in the 1st round, it would be a huge pick based on need and situation.

If they were suppose 2 be a round 2-3 prospect then i would agree, but it seems most think they are the round 1 caliber guys.
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

[quote user="DragonSoul"][quote user="TheEnigma"]I'm thinking the best value to grab a TE might be in the 3rd to 5th round range this year.

Just gotta hope that more teams reach for QB's this year and in turn, drop a good prospect down to us.[/quote]most seem to be saying that the top 2 TES like Allen and the other TE are legit #1 wrs, and if we can grab them as the last pick in the 1st round, it would be a huge pick based on need and situation.

If they were suppose 2 be a round 2-3 prospect then i would agree, but it seems most think they are the round 1 caliber guys.[/quote]What I'm saying is that while Allen and Fleener are the top 2 TE's so far, I personally believe guys like Orson Charles, Michael Egnew, or even James Hanna could possibly match that production while using a lower pick. If you had someone like Cordy Glenn, Mark Barron, or one of the various first round DT's fall to us at #32, you'd have to consider passing on Allen and Fleener.
    3/25/14 - Updated Mock with 5th round comp pick

1. Anthony Barr, Defensive End, UCLA
    2. Marcus Martin, Center Guard, USC
    3. Anthony Johnson, Defensive Nostril Tackle, LSU
    4. Marcel Jensen, Offensive End, Fresno State
    5. Wesley Johnson, Offensive Any Guard, Vanderbilt
    5. Aaron Colvin, Defensive Halfback, Oklahoma
    6. Storm Johnson, Guy Who Runs With Football, UCF

If Fleener or Allen are available at 32, I guarantee they would qualify as BPA and one of them would be taken, too good to pass up.

But if the best TEs are not projected to go till Rd 2, why waste our #1 pick on one? Go with BPA, which I hope is either OL or DB......get a good valued TE in the later rounds. We got Boss with a 4th pick right?