+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What's he Worth

I said Manningham is an avg WR man they let me know how wrong I was. lmao

Contract how much would you pay him a year to sign on the dotted line.

Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

Re: What's he Worth

Well, they let you know you were wrong because you were wrong, lol. He might not be a top tier guy, but he's an explosive receiver that will likely fare better in a system that has more stright up route concepts.

Now, to answer the contract question, I need to know details... Am I looking to sign him here, as our 3rd WR? What's thecap look like? Am I looking to sign him on another team whereI expect that he'll be a 1 or 2 WR? Again, what's my cap situation there? The contract I'd give him would be different here than, say, in TB.

However, he won't be easily replaced, even though his production may be. He was a legitimate receiver that other teams had tobe concerned about, even if they were more worried about Nicks and Cruz. Add thefact that Nicks is good for missing a game or two a year, and we'lllikely be wishing that we still had MM, then.

Manningham said that he wants the ball more and thats one of the reasons he expects to move on because he won't get that here.. sounds a lot like what Shockey always yelled about...

[quote user="Drez"]

Well, they let you know you were wrong because you were wrong, lol. He might not be a top tier guy, but he's an explosive receiver that will likely fare better in a system that has more stright up route concepts.

Now, to answer the contract question, I need to know details... Am I looking to sign him here, as our 3rd WR? What's the*cap look like? Am I looking to sign him on another team where*I expect that he'll be a 1 or 2 WR? Again, what's my cap situation there? The contract I'd give him would be different here than, say, in TB.

However, he won't be easily replaced, even though his production may be. He was a legitimate receiver that other teams had to*be concerned about, even if they were more worried about Nicks and Cruz. Add the*fact that Nicks is good for missing a game or two a year, and we'll*likely be wishing that we still had MM, then.*

[/quote]

Yike says he may be going to TB whats he worth on the open market
    Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

[quote user="JesseJames"]Manningham said that he wants the ball more and thats one of the reasons he expects to move on because he won't get that here.. sounds a lot like what Shockey always yelled about...[/quote]

It's nothing like what Shockey was complaining about. I shouldn't have to explain the difference, so I won't.

[quote user="ibbill"][quote user="Drez"]

Now, to answer the contract question, I need to know details... Am I looking to sign him here, as our 3rd WR? What's thecap look like? Am I looking to sign him on another team whereI expect that he'll be a 1 or 2 WR? Again, what's my cap situation there? The contract I'd give him would be different here than, say, in TB.

However, he won't be easily replaced, even though his production may be. He was a legitimate receiver that other teams had tobe concerned about, even if they were more worried about Nicks and Cruz. Add thefact that Nicks is good for missing a game or two a year, and we'lllikely be wishing that we still had MM, then.

[/quote] Yike says he may be going to TB whats he worth on the open market[/quote]

On the open market he's worth somewhere in the $5m-$8m/yr range depending on team need, cap space, and incentives.

[quote user="JesseJames"]Manningham said that he wants the ball more and thats one of the reasons he expects to move on because he won't get that here.. sounds a lot like what Shockey always yelled about...[/quote]

This statement is not fair to Mario. Everybody wants the ball more, and that's normal. The difference with Shockey was that he would scream and yell in the huddle about it. There has never been one report about MM causing any problems on the field or off about the lack of passes thrown to him. He is a FA now, and if he want more chances, then now is the time that it is ok to say that.

MM will cash in. im thinking 5 years 40 mil. (wayyy overpaid)

[quote user="ibbill"]I said Manningham is an avg WR man they let me know how wrong I was. lmao

Contract how much would you pay him a year to sign on the dotted line.[/quote]

What's in a word? Average is a word we see as a negative. This is especially true in the work place. Yet average has been defined as "meeting expectations." So, are we to assume the expectations are low?

In Mario's case, he was the # 2 receiver as this year started. Both he and Nicks lost time due to injuries giving Victor Cruz opportunities and, when the dust settled, Mario found himself at # 3. Not because he had changed, but because Cruz was playing better. I happens all the time.

Now, Mario will get a chance to showcase his talents on another team. Not so much because he's not wanted, but because we can't pay him what other teams desperate for a good wide receiver will offer him.

We should wish him well wherever he goes.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

[quote user="ibbill"]I said Manningham is an avg WR man they let me know how wrong I was. lmao

Contract how much would you pay him a year to sign on the dotted line.[/quote] too much for the Giants to pay next up!