+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How do you feel about Lamar Miller?

If we go BPA at 32 then would Lamar Miller be a surprise?

He has top end speed and can catch in the backfield. Only knock on him is his blocking but that can be fixed with coaching.

I love this kid. Product of the U and reminds me alot of LeSean McCoy.

I know we have Bradshaw and Jacobs and even Scott possibly waiting in the wings, but what if we surprise everyone and release Jacobs? Lamar Miller would be the best choice at 32.

What do you guys think?

Re: How do you feel about Lamar Miller?

I don't think he has great balance like Wilson, Richardson, and Martin. He runs very tall like Jacobs and you don't see him bounce/spin/break tackles very often. Dont think hes a guy who's going to make a lot of yards after contact in the NFL.

Not the biggest fan. But in the end, it all depends on what you prefer. He has tremendous quickness and speed. More of the breakaway type back but I personally want a workhorse.

I do also like Wilson from VT. He ran a good 40 as well and can catch in the backfield.

Richardson will be gone before we pick i think.

I like him and I like him for us. I am also a big Wilson fan, however Miller is a very underrated short yardage back and interior runner. We havent had success on short yardage situations in recent years. Wilson takes more risks trying to get big plays. He is extraordinary in open field but will take more negative plays trying to get there.

I like how north south Miller runs and I like how patient he is for blockers. If he can avoid injury I see a very good back in this league.

But, I do not see him being a BPA at 32 for 1 big reason: the RB class is VERY good this year and its hard to spend an early pick on a guy when you could get another very high quality guy at the same position 1+ rounds later.

[quote user="Neverend"]I don't think he has great balance like Wilson, Richardson, and Martin. He runs very tall like Jacobs and you don't see him bounce/spin/break tackles very often. Dont think hes a guy who's going to make a lot of yards after contact in the NFL. Not the biggest fan. But in the end, it all depends on what you prefer. He has tremendous quickness and speed. More of the breakaway type back but I personally want a workhorse.[/quote] Its funny u say this, because the reason i don't like em, is how easy he goes down.. I bet alot of games that Miami played, and most times, i was underwhelmed with how easy he went down..

I love Lamar Miller, but I can't picture him in anything other than Bengal orange.

I like David Wilson a little more for us. I really like David Wilson, but if we go RB, I'm not so sure I wouldn't want Doug Martin. The kid is gonna be solid, if we don't take him, don't be surprised if his name gets called first on the second day. Indy gets their franchise QB for the next fifteen years and their RB for the next 6+ years.

Without shoring up the OL first, an upgrade at RB won't mean much and our QB remains imperiled. First things first, assuming we can get good value on the OL at #32.
    No one remembers who came in second.

[quote user="jomo"]Without shoring up the OL first, an upgrade at RB won't mean much and our QB remains imperiled. First things first, assuming we can get good value on the OL at #32.[/quote]A running back who can maximize the opportunities that our line does give would be excellent value.

First round value? Debatable. Valuable in itself? I think so, but I completely understand your point. If you maximize your OL's ability, you can basically run anyone back there with success.

"Without shoring up the OL first, an upgrade at RB won't mean much and our QB remains imperiled. First things first, assuming we can get good value on the OL at #32."
    +1
    Lets stock up on O-line first. Get a good value RB in later rounds.

Doug Martin is my guy, but I see him going higher than we want to draft a RB.....isiah pead,Cyrus gray,ect possibly..