+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Best hit of the year in CFB

<font size="2">I've seen plenty of good ones &amp; had a hard time deciding, but this one takes the cake IMO. Nominate your pick for the best hit of the year in CFB.
    </font>

<span class="title">Nigel Bradham Hit</span>

Re: Best hit of the year in CFB

Sad part probably a flag in the NFL now

Was that Travis Benjamin who got layed out? Anywhom, love that kid and wouldnt mind the giants landing him late in the draft although we probably wouldn't need him much

[quote user="BigBlueFanNJ"]Sad part probably a flag in the NFL now[/quote]<font size="2">For what though? Football is a physical contact sport. What was Bradham supposed to do, lighten up on the hit? It shows the hit clear as day, shoulder to the chest &amp; his feet were on the ground, didn't launch himself by any means. If I remember correctly, Laron Byrd was back in the game the next series. This was just a simple case of Byrd getting his clock cleaned and terrible officiating, that's it. Football is not like it use to be (college or pro), and I'm a young dude. I guess guys like Ronnie Lott, Steve Atwater, ect., would have to change how they play in this football era. </font>

[quote user="Neverend"]Was that Travis Benjamin who got layed out? Anywhom, love that kid and wouldnt mind the giants landing him late in the draft although we probably wouldn't need him much[/quote]<font size="2">Laron Byrd</font>

[quote user="Neverend"] Anywhom, love that kid and wouldnt mind the giants landing him late in the draft although we probably wouldn't need him much[/quote]<font size="2">The Giants do run a lot of cover 2, maybe more than any team in the league, but Bradham has played all 3 spots at FSU. Do you see him as a SAM or WILL in the NFL?</font>

Veteran

I'm sorry, at first I thought you meant Canadian football and I was like, "what is this crap?".... then I saw the Caines uniforms lol

yeah, it was a good hit, but it's pretty easy to lay someone on their a** when they are about to make a catch and their back is turned to you. Good highlight if you're an FSU fan [:P]

[quote user="jjj45"]I'm sorry, at first I thought you meant Canadian football and I was like, "what is this crap?".... then I saw the Caines uniforms lol

yeah, it was a good hit, but it's pretty easy to lay someone on their a** when they are about to make a catch and their back is turned to you. Good highlight if you're an FSU fan [:P]
    [/quote]<font size="2">You know who Nigel Bradham is right. The guy is sculpted like Adonis and hits like a mack truck. Pretty sure this guy would ring your bell from any which angle it would have been from. Bradham had an assignment to make and executed perfectly IMO. Laron Byrd just happened to be the unlucky SOB on the other end. </font>

[quote user="BigBlueFanNJ"]Sad part probably a flag in the NFL now[/quote]
    Defenseless receiver depending on if you hit a star player or not. If you hit a guy like Barden no flag, but if you do it to calvin, 15 yarder for sure

Veteran

[quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="jjj45"]I'm sorry, at first I thought you meant Canadian football and I was like, "what is this crap?".... then I saw the Caines uniforms lol

[/quote]<font size="2">You know who Nigel Bradham is right. The guy is sculpted like Adonis and hits like a mack truck. Pretty sure this guy would ring your bell from any which angle it would have been from. Bradham had an assignment to make and executed perfectly IMO. Laron Byrd just happened to be the unlucky SOB on the other end. </font>
    [/quote]Hey im not discrediting him. It was a beastly hit. Obviously he took a good knock out tackle situation and made it spectacular. Just commenting is all.