+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dontari Poe

Re: Dontari Poe

[quote user="alau53"]gmen drafted a potential rotation guy with the 2nd pick in last yrs draft..ellis..he got hurt out was out all year..so maybe we got 3 good tackles[/quote]He hasn't played football in 2 years. He is essentially as prepared as Plaxico was this past year.

I do think Austin has a bright future, but he's 2 years away as far as I'm concerned.

Veteran

[quote user="giantsfan420"]I saw a lot of mocks say he falls to us. He's one of the few dl prospects id be fine with taking first round[/quote]

He was a 1st/2nd prospect already and just had the workout of a lifetime, I can't imagine how he would fall to us.

[quote user="jhamburg"][quote user="giantsfan420"]I saw a lot of mocks say he falls to us. He's one of the few dl prospects id be fine with taking first round[/quote]

He was a 1st/2nd prospect already and just had the workout of a lifetime, I can't imagine how he would fall to us.[/quote]Yeah there are a couple teams who would love to have him ahead of us. SD, Pitt, GB, maybe even Baltimore, NE maybe.

Would be a redundant pick from a positional standpoint, but still one that they would find use for.

If anything, him moving up will simply knock more good players down the boards toward the Giants.

[quote user="alau53"]gmen drafted a potential rotation guy with the 2nd pick in last yrs draft..ellis..he got hurt out was out all year..so maybe we got 3 good tackles[/quote]

who is Ellis? lol
    Marvin Austin was our 2nd round pick but he tore his pec

I think Poe is gonna be a beast, if hes available at 32 we have to take him

[quote user="alau53"]gmen drafted a potential rotation guy with the 2nd pick in last yrs draft..ellis..he got hurt out was out all year..so maybe we got 3 good tackles[/quote]

who is Ellis? lol

I think Poe is gonna be a beast, if hes available at 32 we have to take him

[quote user="DownWitJPP"][quote user="alau53"]gmen drafted a potential rotation guy with the 2nd pick in last yrs draft..ellis..he got hurt out was out all year..so maybe we got 3 good tackles[/quote]

who is Ellis? lol

I think Poe is gonna be a beast, if hes available at 32 we have to take him[/quote]I think if Glenn, Konz, or Martin isn't there then we go Poe all the way.

Part of me is worried that this guy falls to the Eagles honestly.

I'm amazed a guy that big can run like that. In his 3 years playing for Memphis, he had 5 sacks and 21.5 TFL. His numbers don't do him any justice though cause the guy was constantly double teamed from what I hear. TOP 25 pick IMO

All-Pro

Don't give up in Austin people. I know, he has not played in two years, but he was in the limited training camp of last years lock out season and was getting great reviews by everyone.

As long as he has been taking care of himself and staying in shape I think he can contribute this year. With a full training camp and pre season he can get back to speed and be used in a rotation. He put up some freakish numbers himself.

+ Reply to Thread