+ Reply to Thread

Looking for the next JPP

they say michael brookens of LSU is similar to jpp..hasnt played much but has raw ability..the kid must be a giant fan as he was asked about comparison to jpp..he says he's more like canty since he's a defensive tackle in a 4/3..those boom or busts scare me ..for every jpp there's a vernon gholston

Veteran

Re: Looking for the next JPP

IMO there won't be another JPP for a very long time. Maybe sort of similar but he's a rare specimen.

Brockers is interesting. I bet he is very high on the Giants board, and I don't think Jerry would be reluctant to move up if he fell far enough, the kid has crazy length, and says that his lack of production can be attributed to all the double teams he saw in college.

Plus he has said he prefers to be a 3T in the pros, which is ideal for us. Could you imagine having 2 JPPs in a way?

Every draft has that jpp type prospect, but it isn't limited to solely de. Theirs always a player or two with insanse measurables but limited time playing football. Usually its been the te position lately with all those bball converts.
    Didn't jpp play bball before football?

A player I think could be that jpp level experience who goes onto being successful is lamar miller, the rb from miami. Only one year true starter, ran miami track before focusing solely on football. He's got 4.38 40 speed, and has been compared to c.portis. I actually would love to draft him, end of first may be too high tho but I can see him being a beast in the nfl

Michael Brockers will most likely be gone by the time we pick.

[quote user="giantsfan420"]Every draft has that jpp type prospect, but it isn't limited to solely de. Theirs always a player or two with insanse measurables but limited time playing football. Usually its been the te position lately with all those bball converts.

A player I think could be that jpp level experience who goes onto being successful is lamar miller, the rb from miami. Only one year true starter, ran miami track before focusing solely on football. He's got 4.38 40 speed, and has been compared to c.portis. I actually would love to draft him, end of first may be too high tho but I can see him being a beast in the nfl[/quote]Agreed. I really like Lamar Miller. I see him going to the Bengals for some reason, since the beginning of last year, don't know why though lol.

But I really like David Wilson and Doug Martin. I can see Martin going to the Colts after they draft Luck, but I can see a team reaching for him in the first like the Chargers did with Ryan Matthews.

Brockers is nothing like JPP.

He isnt that athletic at all, his tape sucks, and he has 0 production.

JPP was a freak on the field, he produced too, he just was really raw.

Dontari Poe is more similar to JPP as a prospect.

All-Pro

Honestly, JPP could be a once in a generation type player. Only time will tell.

[quote user="gmen0820"][quote user="giantsfan420"]Every draft has that jpp type prospect, but it isn't limited to solely de. Theirs always a player or two with insanse measurables but limited time playing football. Usually its been the te position lately with all those bball converts.

A player I think could be that jpp level experience who goes onto being successful is lamar miller, the rb from miami. Only one year true starter, ran miami track before focusing solely on football. He's got 4.38 40 speed, and has been compared to c.portis. I actually would love to draft him, end of first may be too high tho but I can see him being a beast in the nfl[/quote]Agreed. I really like Lamar Miller. I see him going to the Bengals for some reason, since the beginning of last year, don't know why though lol.

But I really like David Wilson and Doug Martin. I can see Martin going to the Colts after they draft Luck, but I can see a team reaching for him in the first like the Chargers did with Ryan Matthews.[/quote]

This would seem like the best year to draft if ur the giants gm. Theirs really no wrong positional pick as we could address everything besides qb and have reason to.

But generally, it seems to me at least, the end of first rounds usually have more skill position players left at bpa. For example the drop off in talent for a lt could be huge after tne top 3ranking prospects, where as for a position like wr or db even rb, the talent level seems to be more deep bc for those positions, an aspect like 40 speed could be enough to draft a guy.

As much as id actually prefer a solid t or even g, a dl I just don't know if those positions at 32 would be bpa. Theirs a lot of interesting prospects at te, lb, db and even wr that def. Have first round talent that could very well be there when we pick.

Its going to be an interesting draft. Reese could look at using this pick in a lot of diff ways and from different perspectives

We have the original we do not need the next one.