+ Reply to Thread

Is Travis Beckum done as a Giant?

I'm not too eager to welcome him back even if he recovers from his injury, he's just so brittle. Look how he got injured in the Super Bowl, he just went down without anybody touching him. I don't know what his contract situation is but I'd just cut him now and save a few pennies.

Beckum to me is just a filler TE who could be replaced easily. He couldn't even beat out Ballard for the job who isn't exactly a stud athlete that Beckum seems to think he is but never really flashes it.

Maybe he just needs a change of scenery, he's just not big blue material to me.

Re: Is Travis Beckum done as a Giant?

He won't be back as a Giant.

[quote user="JJC7301"]He won't be back as a Giant.[/quote]The injuries to him and Ballard may be to much to overcome. But will see
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

I doubt he will be back.

[quote user="NYBlue10"]I'm not too eager to welcome him back even if he recovers from his injury, he's just so brittle. Look how he got injured in the Super Bowl, he just went down without anybody touching him. I don't know what his contract situation is but I'd just cut him now and save a few pennies.

Beckum to me is just a filler TE who could be replaced easily. He couldn't even beat out Ballard for the job who isn't exactly a stud athlete that Beckum seems to think he is but never really flashes it.

Maybe he just needs a change of scenery, he's just not big blue material to me.[/quote]

He is done here.

[quote user="NYBlue10"]I'm not too eager to welcome him back even if he recovers from his injury, he's just so brittle. Look how he got injured in the Super Bowl, he just went down without anybody touching him. I don't know what his contract situation is but I'd just cut him now and save a few pennies.

Maybe he just needs a change of scenery, he's just not big blue material to me.[/quote]

I doubt we see him back. His only staying power was that he was a 3rd round draft pick but 26 receptions in 3 years, and more then likely he's done for most if not all of 2012 with an ACL ... he's done.

Injury settlement.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

i feel like him on another team would've been at least some what decent.