+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cut A. Rolle & save Osi?

Don't know what Rolle's contract is but I'd let him go and divert the bucks to Osi U.

Walter Football does have a point: http://walterfootball.com/mostoverratednflplayers.php

Solar Mike

2014 Mock Draft Version 1.0

Pick,Position,Player,School

12, OT,OG GREG ROBINSON, AUBURN
    43, TE, AUSTIN SEFERIAN-JENKINS,WASHINGTON
    74, DT, KELCY QUARLES, SOUTH CAROLINA
    109, OLB, TELVIN SMITH, FLORIDA STATE
    140, RB, ANTONIO ANDREWS, WESTERN KENTUCKY
    171, C, RUSSELL BODINE, NORTH CAROLINA
    202, CB, MARCUS WILLIAMS, NORTH DAKOTA STATE

Re: Cut A. Rolle & save Osi?

I like Rolle. He takes so much heat but he really stepped it up for us this year.

I think he should be our deep safety next year to allow KP in the box, something KP probably would have done this year had we not been so depleted in the secondary.

thats a case of the bad idea bears. Osi still has a year left. Let's see how next year evolves before we decide on Osi's future.

Rolle's a victim of his salary. Being the highest paid safety creates an expectation he will never live up to.

[quote user="bLuereverie"]Rolle's a victim of his salary. Being the highest paid safety creates an expectation he will never live up to.[/quote]Yeah and I wouldn't want to be the guy that asks Rolle to once again take a pay cut especially after he just played a huge role in our SB run.

[quote user="gmen0820"][quote user="bLuereverie"]Rolle's a victim of his salary. Being the highest paid safety creates an expectation he will never live up to.[/quote]Yeah and I wouldn't want to be the guy that asks Rolle to once again take a pay cut especially after he just played a huge role in our SB run.[/quote]

Rolle's never taken a paycut. In the restructure he did last year all they did was switch whatever money it was from base salary to guarnateed bonus money. But, restructuring him like that again only makes his cap numbers worst going forward.

I am sorry to say that I don't agree with calling a whole bunch of those players 'overrated'. I believe that Rolle has been a solid player, who does not only play safety, but also corner.

I would only agree that Rolle is a very highly paid player, but I am not so sure that he is not worth the investment. His leadership is something that would be difficult to replace.

Not for nothing, the guy who wrote this list has been huffing on lysol!

[quote user="Drez"]Rolle's never taken a paycut. In the restructure he did last year all they did was switch whatever money it was from base salary to guarnateed bonus money. But, restructuring him like that again only makes his cap numbers worst going forward.

[/quote]

Exactly. Thats why his cap number is so large this year, because his cap hit last season was only like 1-2 million.

[quote user="solarmike"]Don't know what Rolle's contract is but I'd let him go and divert the bucks to Osi U.

Walter Football does have a point: http://walterfootball.com/mostoverratednflplayers.php

Solar Mike

[/quote]
    I think a better idea would be for Canty to redo his deal (he makes way to much) and help resign Osi. Also Eli should give back some of his millions to help resign some key FAs to keep this team mostly intact
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***