+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tim Tebow

Tim Tebow

Listening to Sirius NFL and can't believe that they are still totally bashing Tim Tebow when the poor guy is got to go out and find a new team after beating all the odds, proven that all he does is win no matter what the stats are, won his 1st playoff game in his first try and went down to Tom Brady.</P>

Tools.</P>
    Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

Re: Tim Tebow

[quote user="Joe Morrison"]

Listening to Sirius NFL and can't believe that they are still totally bashing Tim Tebow when the poor guy is got to go out and find a new team after beating all the odds, proven that all he does is win no matter what the stats are, won his 1st playoff game in his first try and went down to Tom Brady.</P>

Tools.</P>[/quote]

I'm guessing he only had a one year deal which is why he can look for a new team. I"m a little naive when it comes to contracts and when they can be released from such things, etc. but if I were Tebow I wouldn't be too pleased right now.

Both my Pro and College football teams play in Swamps . John Denver was right when He sang " Camped along the campfire and everybody's High " Suppose they get one or two good years out of Peyton but never get to the SB ? It's not as if " The Donkeys " were one great QB away from winning one, much less getting there. There are two teams in FL. that would benifit greatly with Tim. The Jags who cannot put fannies in the seats. And then there is a QB starving team ( Miami ). Come back to Florida Tim. Screw them and there October Snow Storms.

Veteran

[quote user="Joe Morrison"]

Listening to Sirius NFL and can't believe that they are still totally bashing Tim Tebow when the poor guy is got to go out and find a new team after beating all the odds, proven that all he does is win no matter what the stats are, won his 1st playoff game in his first try and went down to Tom Brady.</p>

Tools.</p>[/quote]You are going to find a lot more hate here. It is what it is.

[quote user="CTLadyBlue"][quote user="Joe Morrison"]

Listening to Sirius NFL and can't believe that they are still totally bashing Tim Tebow when the poor guy is got to go out and find a new team after beating all the odds, proven that all he does is win no matter what the stats are, won his 1st playoff game in his first try and went down to Tom Brady.</p>

Tools.</p>[/quote]

I'm guessing he only had a one year deal which is why he can look for a new team. I"m a little naive when it comes to contracts and when they can be released from such things, etc. but if I were Tebow I wouldn't be too pleased right now.[/quote]
    No he had a 4 year deal from the 2010 season being drafted 25th in the 1st round. Tebow should be mad at Elway but wont be since he isnt that type of person. I hope Jacksonville treats him well.

[quote user="jjj45"]You are going to find a lot more hate here. It is what it is.
    [/quote]

I've said it before and I'll say it again I don't get the Tebow hate here in Giant's nation. The man meant nothing to us. My cousin hates him as well, but as I told him it's not his fault that the media can't shut up about him.

The other argument against him is that he got the spotlight, well the media looked down on Eli. The sad truth is that the media wasn't going to do more then mock Eli until he shut them up by what he did on the field. Tebow had nothing to do with that.

[quote user="Bing Crosby"]
    I've said it before and I'll say it again I don't get the Tebow hate here in Giant's nation. The man meant nothing to us. My cousin hates him as well, but as I told him it's not his fault that the media can't shut up about him.[/quote]

In my case, I have nothing against the guy personally (aside from the fact he's not a good QB) but the hype got nauseating. For about 2 months there it was wall-to-wall Tebow in the sports media and it was sickening. The guy isn't even a halfway decent QB.
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

[quote user="Bing Crosby"][quote user="jjj45"]You are going to find a lot more hate here. It is what it is.
    [/quote]

I've said it before and I'll say it again I don't get the Tebow hate here in Giant's nation. The man meant nothing to us. My cousin hates him as well, but as I told him it's not his fault that the media can't shut up about him.

The other argument against him is that he got the spotlight, well the media looked down on Eli. The sad truth is that the media wasn't going to do more then mock Eli until he shut them up by what he did on the field. Tebow had nothing to do with that.
    [/quote]</P>

There's a big difference between hating the guy and thinking he is not a good QB.</P>

I do not think that he is or will be a good starting NFL QB . . . . but that being said, he seems like a nice enough kid, so I have no reason to dislike or "hate" him personally. </P>

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"]There's a big difference between hating the guy and thinking he is not a good QB.

I do not think that he is or will be a good starting NFL QB . . . . but that being said, he seems like a nice enough kid, so I have no reason to dislike or "hate" him personally. </p>[/quote]

Well in my case it comes from the people around me like my cousin who simply "don't think he's a good QB", they hate the guy outright hate him. I don't think he is a good QB, and I found the coverage of him annoying at times (but I don't blame him for the media), but the outright hatred for the guy, I just don't get it.

Maybe most of the people on the site are like me and just think he is a good athlete a bad QB and a decent kid. If so I'm glad, because when it came to people I know personally that anger generated towards the guy was over the top in my opinion. Denver doesn't matter to the Giants, they just don't, and Tebow was nothing to us.

[quote user="Bing Crosby"][quote user="jjj45"]You are going to find a lot more hate here. It is what it is.
    [/quote]

[/quote]

Plain and simple (and this is solely my opinion) it's his public profession of his christianity which cause people to ostracize him. Believe me - my husband and I are born again Christians and I can tell you first hand how differently view you because they think you're religious freaks who only want to talk about Jesus 24/7. (Hint: we don't!)

It doesn't bother me when he 'thanks his Lord and Savior' before every interview, because...well.....I'd rather that than, "I'd like to give my most wicked gratification to the Prince of Darkness, Satan (snark)

Professionally - he's an okay QB with the potential to be great. And he very well can't do that under Peyton's shadow in Denver. Why that franchise took a chance on an aged QB with a yet-to-be-seen-how-he-bounces-back-from neck injury for FIVE years over a young, big, strong, popular guy like Tebow is beyond me. Nothing against Peyton - I think the guy is a class act, but I personally think he should've retired. I heard that no other sports figure ever had an injury such as his so they couldn't gage how quick (if at all) one bounces back from it. Does Denver really want to take that chance? Peyton's one QB sack from a 23 y/o, 300lb lineman from being carted off the field on a stretcher (God forbid!)

Oh, and someone on my FB who's a Denver fan posted, "Peyton's a Bronco. Superbowl here we come!" Er....it's not just the QB but who he's throwing to and I think Peyton had a better receiving corp with the Colts than he'll have with Denver.