+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chargers Fans

Re: Chargers Fans

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="Antwuan"]Why is it that Chargers Fans have not gotten over 2004?

I still see hate comments from Chargers Fans towards Eli. Eli Manning is a 2-Time Superbowl Champion its time for Chargers Fans to forgive him and at least respect what he has done if you don't like him.[/quote]He went out and completely dissed their franchise. I dont blame them for hating him.[/quote]

That is an over-simplification of the events. A.J. Smith did not want Eli just as much as Eli did not want the Chargers. Smith's making public of what the Mannings told the Chargers in private gave Smith the cover he needed to turn the Charger fans against Eli and allow him to get Rivers, who was the QB they wanted all along. Smith played the situation like a Bobby Fischer.

All that being said, I fully understand why the dedicated Charger fans would pull against someone who said he didn't want to play there.

[quote user="chasjay"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="Antwuan"]Why is it that Chargers Fans have not gotten over 2004?

I still see hate comments from Chargers Fans towards Eli. Eli Manning is a 2-Time Superbowl Champion its time for Chargers Fans to forgive him and at least respect what he has done if you don't like him.[/quote]He went out and completely dissed their franchise. I dont blame them for hating him.[/quote]

That is an over-simplification of the events. A.J. Smith did not want Eli just as much as Eli did not want the Chargers. Smith's making public of what the Mannings told the Chargers in private gave Smith the cover he needed to turn the Charger fans against Eli and allow him to get Rivers, who was the QB they wanted all along. Smith played the situation like a Bobby Fischer.

All that being said, I fully understand why the dedicated Charger fans would pull against someone who said he didn't want to play there.
    [/quote]The only thing Charger fans care about is that Eli didnt want to play there

Mad at the fact if they had Eli they would of won two Super Bowls. It doesn't work that way you have to have a front office also.

[quote user="scoopscj"]They love Phillip Rivers.... haha.*

[/quote]

Eli IMO now takes the lead of the 3 drafted in 04. As mentioned in the Thread for whatever reason Rivers just hasnt gotten it done and is more like tony romo then Eli.

Big Ben is 2-1 in SBs getting blown out by GB, and one of his SB rings was won despite him, not because of him. He was absolutely horrific in that first SB appearance.

Eli is 2-0 and has looked great in both of his SBs, with two game winning drives right at the end in do or die situations and has 2 SB MVPs

CASE CLOSED!!!
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

[quote user="miked1958"]Eli IMO now takes the lead of the 3 drafted in 04. As mentioned in the Thread for whatever reason Rivers just hasnt gotten it done and is more like tony romo then Eli.

Big Ben is 2-1 in SBs getting blown out by GB, and one of his SB rings was won despite him, not because of him. He was absolutely horrific in that first SB appearance.

Eli is 2-0 and has looked great in both of his SBs, with two game winning drives right at the end in do or die situations and has 2 SB MVPs

CASE CLOSED!!![/quote]<font color="#FF0000">

that common sense stuff never works on these forums..</font>. [:|]

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]He went out and completely dissed their franchise. I dont blame them for hating him.[/quote]

Well I remember lots of talk of players not wanting to come and play in New York over the years... Talk like that made me want to know WHY and then hope they do something about it. Does that occur to San Diego?
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

In the grand scheme of things.... I think Eli proved to have made a wise business decision. I don't harbor any anomosity twd the Chargers or Rivers.... but I am glad Eli is a Giant.

[quote user="SweetZombieJesus"]They can't see past their pride at what a bad organization they have, aided by those years of regular season success blinding them to the faults.

Plus you have to admit what Eli did was almost unprecedented.

[/quote]

John Elway says, "hi"

[quote user="Sarcasman"][quote user="SweetZombieJesus"]They can't see past their pride at what a bad organization they have, aided by those years of regular season success blinding them to the faults.

Plus you have to admit what Eli did was almost unprecedented.

[/quote]

John Elway says, "hi"[/quote]

And didn't Peyton Manning also repeat his senior year to avoid going to the Jets?

Archie lived what it was like to be a QB in a dysfunctional organization with the Saints. He knew first hand that his personal strong work ethic and loyalty would not be enough for team success and career satisfaction. What parent in his position would not assess and advise his sons accordingly, especially when his sons were well sought after and had some leverage.

eta:
    Recent (2/27/12) article:
    <h1 id="yui_3_4_1_1_1331476162360_332"><font size="1">Eli was Almost a Charger: Fanís Opinion</font></h1>

+ Reply to Thread