+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: DE in the First?

Re: DE in the First?

[quote user="LT_was_good"]I would be thrilled if Merciless dropped to us, though I doubt it.* From the limited tape I saw, seemed like every time he was blocked one-on-one, either the play was designed the other way or he was in the backfield making something happen.
    [/quote]

Yeah he was fairly beastial in 2011.

I doubt we see him fall to us but a boy can dream [s]
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

[quote user="Kruunch"]For as good as JPP was, he disappeared when double teamed [/quote]When did that happen? Because there are only 4 games in the reg. season where he didn't register a sack.

[quote user="gmen0820"][quote user="Kruunch"]For as good as JPP was, he disappeared when double teamed [/quote]When did that happen? Because there are only 4 games in the reg. season where he didn't register a sack.[/quote]

I should amend that actually ... when Osi wasn't there our Dline disappeared.

JPP did make contributions, even when the rest of our Dline didn't. But as shown ... we need more then just JPP playing well.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="gmen0820"][quote user="Kruunch"]For as good as JPP was, he disappeared when double teamed [/quote]When did that happen? Because there are only 4 games in the reg. season where he didn't register a sack.[/quote]

JPP did make contributions, even when the rest of our Dline didn't. But as shown ... we need more then just JPP playing well.[/quote]
    Agreed. JPP played lights out all year, but until Tuck got healthy and Osi got healthy (or sucked it up, who knows), our DL was nothing close to SB form.

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="gmen0820"][quote user="Kruunch"]For as good as JPP was, he disappeared when double teamed [/quote]When did that happen? Because there are only 4 games in the reg. season where he didn't register a sack.[/quote]

JPP did make contributions, even when the rest of our Dline didn't. But as shown ... we need more then just JPP playing well.[/quote]

When JPP was the only healthy DE of the Big 3, he struggled more, although it seemed like there were games that the other 10 guys didn't show up and JPP still played well.

[quote user="Kruunch"]I agree he's worth a 2nd round offer and I also think we'll get one.

I'm just not sure we'll take it.

For as good as JPP was, he disappeared when double teamed and our DLine didn't shine until Osi came back AND Tuck started playing like Tuck.[/quote]

well now thats where the debate comes in...

first - if we can't come to terms with an extension for Osi then I think hes gone for a second rounder... it all depends if we can work something out for him

second was the emergence of our defense due to Osi being back, was it due to tuck being tuck, or was it due to just having a 3rd pass rushing DE period.

PLUS, you have to expect JPP will improve even more for next year
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

but again I think ur not giving the credit to a healthy tuck either

and again was it OSI or just having a third legit pass rusher

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kruunch"]I agree he's worth a 2nd round offer and I also think we'll get one.

I'm just not sure we'll take it.

For as good as JPP was, he disappeared when double teamed and our DLine didn't shine until Osi came back AND Tuck started playing like Tuck.[/quote]

well now thats where the debate comes in...

first - if we can't come to terms with an extension for Osi then I think hes gone for a second rounder... it all depends if we can work something out for him

second was the emergence of our defense due to Osi being back, was it due to tuck being tuck, or was it due to just having a 3rd pass rushing DE period.

PLUS, you have to expect JPP will improve even more for next year
    [/quote]

The DLine started to revive once Osi was back. Tuck came alive after that (also after being called out for continually missing practices).

The 3rd pass rusher didn't seem to help when it was Tuck, Tolly and JPP.

If JPP gets much better, he'll be able to sack the QB by telekinesis.

Here's why I don't think they trade Osi ... they don't have the depth to. They're possibly losing Tolly this year and the pickings are slim for a 1st year play making DE in the draft (unless we trade up which we virtually never do).

So a second round pick doesn't do us much good in that regard if you subscribe to the idea that the DE is the most valued position on the Giants.

Having said that, I could see a way of letting Osi go, getting a second round pick AND grabbing Mario Williams in Free Agency by mortgaging the future but with the idea I'm only going to keep Mario for a year or two.

Having said all that, I'm a Pastry Chef so what the **** do I know?!

[quote user="LT_was_good"][quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="gmen0820"][quote user="Kruunch"]For as good as JPP was, he disappeared when double teamed [/quote]When did that happen? Because there are only 4 games in the reg. season where he didn't register a sack.[/quote]

When JPP was the only healthy DE of the Big 3, he struggled more, although it seemed like there were games that the other 10 guys didn't show up and JPP still played well.
    [/quote]

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6392/gamelog

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/...Ar4KANitX.uLYF

actually, JPP had his best games when Osi wasn't there

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]was it OSI or just having a third legit pass rusher
    [/quote]Well what's the difference?

Osi is a legit third pass rusher, and at his salary, isn't easily found (unless your on a rookie deal, of course).

+ Reply to Thread