+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

In the perfect position to trade down and pick up an extra #1 or #2

With all the hype about the TE position now in the NFL and no true prospects worthy of early 1st consideration, there may be teems willing to leapfrog everyone in the early second round to get Fleener/Allen/Charles or maybe even Tannenhill if he is still on the board?

Or course with the Pats picking right ahead of us, I'm sure they will try to pick up extra picks to do just that.

I think our #32 pick though could be a spot many teams try to trade up to.

Re: In the perfect position to trade down and pick up an extra #1 or #2

With it being the last Day 1 pick there could be interest in it. I just do not want to see us trade down to far.

agree, but with us already having about 9-10 picks, I don't see us being that interested in a trade. We will probably take the best player available. Also, I don't see how the #32 pick could land us an extra #1.

All-Pro

[quote user="Giants Of New Jersey"]agree, but with us already having about 9-10 picks, I don't see us being that interested in a trade. We will probably take the best player available. Also, I don't see how the #32 pick could land us an extra #1.[/quote]

Excuse me for being ignorant, but what are you talking about? What extra picks do we have? I have heard nothing about this.

All-Pro

[quote user="TuckYou"]

[quote user="Giants Of New Jersey"]agree, but with us already having about 9-10 picks, I don't see us being that interested in a trade. We will probably take the best player available. Also, I don't see how the #32 pick could land us an extra #1.[/quote]

Excuse me for being ignorant, but what are you talking about? What extra picks do we have? I have heard nothing about this.

[/quote]

Can anyone confirm this? I cant find anything on that.

[quote user="TuckYou"][quote user="TuckYou"]

[/quote]

Can anyone confirm this? I cant find anything on that.

[/quote]

I managed to find this. http://bloggingthebeast.com/2012-nfc...2-draft-picks/
    According to that, we will have six of our own picks (losing one b/c of trade for Rosenfels), plus potential two compensatory picks for Boss and Smith (But do we lose one for signing Baas? Not really sure how compensatory picks work)

Veteran

For this year's draft, I wouldn't mind if they trade down for an extra number 1 or 2 pick.

[quote user="Warchild"]With all the hype about the TE position now in the NFL and no true prospects worthy of early 1st consideration, there may be teems willing to leapfrog everyone in the early second round to get Fleener/Allen/Charles or maybe even Tannenhill if he is still on the board?

Or course with the Pats picking right ahead of us, I'm sure they will try to pick up extra picks to do just that.

I think our #32 pick though could be a spot many teams try to trade up to.[/quote]

Don't the Pats have two first and two second round picks?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

The pats picked up the saints 1st rounder this year for moving down the Saints 2nd round spot last year. We should consider the same if that deal comes to us

[quote user="Warchild"]With all the hype about the TE position now in the NFL and no true prospects worthy of early 1st consideration, there may be teems willing to leapfrog everyone in the early second round to get Fleener/Allen/Charles or maybe even Tannenhill if he is still on the board?

I think our #32 pick though could be a spot many teams try to trade up to.[/quote]

The 32nd isn't particularly desirable ... especially since you can trade for the 33rd pick which takes a huge drop in value (depending who's card you follow).

I hope we don't trade out of the first ... I'd like to get one of those TEs.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)