+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

AGENT FOR GIANTS' DOMENIK HIXON "HOPING TO FINALIZE A DEAL VERY SOON"

AGENT FOR GIANTS' DOMENIK HIXON "HOPING TO FINALIZE A DEAL VERY SOON"

"With Mario Manningham anywhere from 50 to 75 percent likely to leave the Giants (more on that in a bit), word is
    Domenik Hixon might be close to 100 percent to rejoin the team.

Eric Metz, the agent for the six-year veteran wide receiver wrote in an email
    Monday night he's "hoping to finalize a contract very soon" to return Hixon to
    the team for whom he's played only two games in the past two seasons
    combined.

Metz added in a follow-up text message about the impending unrestricted free
    agent: "We expect him to sign with the Giants."

Hixon, 27, tore
    the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee during a minicamp practice

in June 2010. He missed all of that season before returning for the start of
    training camp last year. Hixon, who last February signed a one-year deal with a
    $600,000 base salary and a $250,000 roster bonus, took it easy at times during
    camp but was ready for the start of the regular season - so ready he caught a
    22-yard touchdown pass late in the first half of the Week 2 victory over the
    Rams.

Only one problem: he
    tore his right ACL again on that play

Hixon, who has the only kick- and punt-return touchdowns for the Giants in
    the past six seasons, has been rehabbing once again and believes he'll be able
    to make a full recovery once again.

“Coming back from the previous injury — feeling faster, catching the ball
    better, knowing the offense — I felt everything was falling in line,” Hixon
    told The Star-Ledger late last month
    from his hometown in Ohio. “I was
    confident that I was back to 100 percent.”

Hixon has tried to maintain a positive attitude, even though he realizes some
    of the catches that went Victor Cruz's way could've landed in his hands if he'd
    stayed healthy. This season, with the potential loss of Manningham, a healthy
    Hixon would get the chance to grab some more passes.

If and when Hixon signs, that will leave 20 Giants who are scheduled to be
    unrestricted free agents on March 13.

Speaking of percentages, allow me to clarify what I referenced above in
    regard to Manningham, who was on WFAN's "Boomer and Carton" show this morning.
    He was asked about his telling The Vindicator of Youngstown, Ohio, he was "75
    percent" sure he's leaving the Giants via free agency

“I didn’t say that,” Manningham said during his appearance on WFAN. “You know
    how rumors get spread and I didn’t say anything like that.”

For the record, I've emailed Tom Williams of The Vindicator, who quoted
    Manningham and wrote the story on the Warren, Ohio, native getting the keys to
    his hometown. Perhaps this is another example of a guy talking to his local
    paper and not thinking the quotes will make their way back to this area. (Hint:
    They always do.)

Anyway, Manningham gave a different set of odds this morning.

“It’s 50-50,” he said. “We’re not sure what’s going on right now. We’re just
    gonna take it slow and just see what’s going on. You know, let the smoke clear a
    little bit.”

Manningham also downplayed the rumors he'll soon follow new Bucs offensive
    coordinator Mike Sullivan to Tampa Bay.

Much as Manningham is trying to move the needle here, the bottom line is his
    chances of coming back to the Giants continue to seem awfully slim. In fact,
    when asked by Craig Carton this morning whether it's more likely he re-signs
    with the Giants or Cruz gets an extension, he replied, "I'd probably go with
    Vic."

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

All-Pro

Re: AGENT FOR GIANTS' DOMENIK HIXON "HOPING TO FINALIZE A DEAL VERY SOON"

Hixon is in the same boat as TT. Multiple serious injuries to the knee. I would like for both to sign cheap one year deals (like what Hixon signed last season)to prove they can stay healthy and are 100%. I like both for depth. Hixon could still be our returner since we havent figured that out yet. Or be out #3 and fight it out with Barden and Jernigan.

[quote user="TuckYou"]Hixon is in the same boat as TT. Multiple serious injuries to the knee. I would like for both to sign cheap one year deals (like what Hixon signed last season)to prove they can stay healthy and are 100%. I like both for depth. Hixon could still be our returner since we havent figured that out yet. Or be out #3 and fight it out with Barden and Jernigan.[/quote]

Hixon is very versatile and holds the record for most all purpose yards gained in a single game. His health is the only question. Based upon his agent's comment it seems he'll be signed.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

All-Pro

[quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="TuckYou"]Hixon is in the same boat as TT. Multiple serious injuries to the knee. I would like for both to sign cheap one year deals (like what Hixon signed last season)to prove they can stay healthy and are 100%. I like both for depth. Hixon could still be our returner since we havent figured that out yet. Or be out #3 and fight it out with Barden and Jernigan.[/quote]

Hixon is very versatile and holds the record for most all purpose yards gained in a single game. His health is the only question. Based upon his agent's comment it seems he'll be signed.
    [/quote]

thats big IF......

he will get a low dollar contract laced with incentives on playing time or even making the roster. i wish him well. It only benefits the Giants if he does well. He's a good locker room guy and shows he wants it. His body just has to cooperate..

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

[quote user="GameTime"]

[quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="TuckYou"]Hixon is in the same boat as TT. Multiple serious injuries to the knee. I would like for both to sign cheap one year deals (like what Hixon signed last season)to prove they can stay healthy and are 100%. I like both for depth. Hixon could still be our returner since we havent figured that out yet. Or be out #3 and fight it out with Barden and Jernigan.[/quote]

[/quote]

thats big IF......

he will get a low dollar contract laced with incentives on playing time or even making the roster. i wish him well. It only benefits the Giants if he does well. He's a good locker room guy and shows he wants it. His body just has to cooperate..

I like Hixon a lot and it is a big IF. But if they are negotiating, it has to mean the medical folks are on board with keeping him.

[/quote]

# 80

All-Pro

[quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="GameTime"]

[/quote]

thats big IF......

I like Hixon a lot and it is a big IF. But if they are negotiating, it has to mean the medical folks are on board with keeping him.

[/quote][/quote]

good point Ro...

just like they werent on board with SS.....

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

At the right price I would bring Hixon back. Hopefully he could bring life to our return game.

I'd take another chance for a 1-year $600,000 deal. He may be done career wise, but if the doctors pass him then I'm down with it.

An extra receiver who knows the system, and a veteran quality returner (IF healthy).

I can't believe he's on 27!?! Seems like he's been around forever.

[quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="TuckYou"]Hixon is in the same boat as TT. Multiple serious injuries to the knee. I would like for both to sign cheap one year deals (like what Hixon signed last season)*to prove they can stay healthy and are 100%. I like both for depth. Hixon could still be our returner since we havent figured that out yet. Or be out #3 and fight it out with Barden and Jernigan.[/quote]

Hixon is very versatile and holds the record for most all purpose yards gained in a single game.* His health is the only question.* Based upon his agent's comment it seems he'll be signed.
    [/quote]

If the giants are willing to sign hixon with his past injuries,it'd seem impossible for the giants to overlook smith bc of his injury. Id love it if both hixon and smith were signed, both should be very cheap which we need, plus both could be huge contributors to the offnese and st

[quote user="giantsfan420"][quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="TuckYou"]Hixon is in the same boat as TT. Multiple serious injuries to the knee. I would like for both to sign cheap one year deals (like what Hixon signed last season)*to prove they can stay healthy and are 100%. I like both for depth. Hixon could still be our returner since we havent figured that out yet. Or be out #3 and fight it out with Barden and Jernigan.[/quote]

Hixon is very versatile and holds the record for most all purpose yards gained in a single game.* His health is the only question.* Based upon his agent's comment it seems he'll be signed.
    [/quote]

If the giants are willing to sign hixon with his past injuries,it'd seem impossible for the giants to overlook smith bc of his injury. Id love it if both hixon and smith were signed, both should be very cheap which we need, plus both could be huge contributors to the offnese and st[/quote]
    +1. Plax would be cheap as well. Seriously. We've got two # 1 WR's and it would be nice to have inexpensive veteran WRs who know the Giants' system in the stables.

I would give JJ or Barden a fair chance to win the # 3 spot, but I'd love to have some veteran Giants receivers, just in case.