+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Veteran

Who are you most afraid of the 'Skins getting at QB?

-Peyton Manning
    -RG3
    -Matt Flynn
    -Rex Grossman (well, he did beat us twice last year...)

Re: Who are you most afraid of the 'Skins getting at QB?

With rumors speaking of the Browns not being too interested in trading up to the #2 overall spot, the Redskins acquiring RG3 is a serious possibility. I could see him developing into a Mike Vick esque QB who is actually smart in the pocket and won't run off at the first sign of trouble.
    3/25/14 - Updated Mock with 5th round comp pick

1. Anthony Barr, Defensive End, UCLA
    2. Marcus Martin, Center Guard, USC
    3. Anthony Johnson, Defensive Nostril Tackle, LSU
    4. Marcel Jensen, Offensive End, Fresno State
    5. Wesley Johnson, Offensive Any Guard, Vanderbilt
    5. Aaron Colvin, Defensive Halfback, Oklahoma
    6. Storm Johnson, Guy Who Runs With Football, UCF

Veteran

I think I'm afraid of RG3 the most. RG3 seems to have all the tools and is incredibly intelligent as well. If the Redskins traded up for him, we would have to face him at least twice a year for probably 10 years or so.

Bronx NYC ......... Justin Gilbert "bandwagoneer"

Griffin for sure. I really don't see Peyton going to Washington...Didn't he say he wants to play some place warm or in a dome?

Anyway...I'm not worried about Flynn. He reminds me of another Kevin Kolb and the Giants D-line would handle him. Griffin is another story...He can beat you in multiple ways and he's the guy they would build around. It's scary to think what he could do for the Skins down the line. I'm just really hoping Washington goes after Tannehill cause if they draft him I'll just laugh my a** off.

The only one is RG3 if the Skins can get him without getting into a bidding war with the Browns. If the Browns offer two ones and a two (including the no 4 pick), the Skins would need two ones and two twos. That would probably ruin the team. But if they can get away with two ones, then it's a problem for the rest of the NFCE.

In contrast, Arcorsi handled the Eli trade very well. Two ones and a three allowed them to still select Snee and Webster, who are team cornerstones. Arcorsi also refused to give up Osi, another cornerstone.

Rex Grossman.

as Jamie dukes said The skins are "much too smart" to draft or get a new QB

But seriously, their best shot is RG3 so yeah him
    "...two minute drill at the end of each quarter, Ya'know with the wind like this blowing mooch and marshall into the ocean...If that's behind me I think were getting 3 from 70 so holla at your boy. IF YOU DON"T PICK ME THAT'S A JOKE RIGHT?" - Justin Tucker, Ravens kicker

Complain?, ain't Nobody got time for dat!

GO GIANTS!

Veteran

Rex Grossman.... because the Giants take the Redskins extremely lightly when he's QBing LOL.

Matt Flynn actually. Here's why:

Peyton is old. He might beat us for a 1-3 years, but in the long run the Skins will just be right back where we started.
    Grossman. hahahahaha
    Griffin is a running QB. Running QBs never seem to have much success. I could be wrong, but I think Vick is the most successful runner ever and he's overrated. Newton and RG3 could buck that trend though.

As for Flynn, he's more of a prototypical pocket passer, which is what you want in a QB. He's a risky investment (RG3 is too) because we've only really seen him 2 games (1 this year, 1 last year). However, I think he has more upside than RG3.

Bronx NYC ......... Justin Gilbert "bandwagoneer"

[quote user="Giants10Joe"]Matt Flynn actually. Here's why:

Peyton is old. He might beat us for a 1-3 years, but in the long run the Skins will just be right back where we started.
    Grossman. hahahahaha
    Griffin is a running QB. Running QBs never seem to have much success. I could be wrong, but I think Vick is the most successful runner ever and he's overrated. Newton and RG3 could buck that trend though.

As for Flynn, he's more of a prototypical pocket passer, which is what you want in a QB. He's a risky investment (RG3 is too) because we've only really seen him 2 games (1 this year, 1 last year). However, I think he has more upside than RG3.

[/quote]

Griffin is not a running QB. He can run but he's a pocket passer for the most part and he's accurate. People don't even really compare him much to Vick other than the fact that he's fast. They compare him more to Aaron Rodgers who is an accurate passer who can beat you with his legs.

RG3 is a different breed coming out of school than Vick ever was.

RG3 is actually more of a passing QB but having his elite speed at the position has wrongly labeled him as a runner. The bigger knock I'd have on him is the fact he came out of a spread offense.

Either way, you can tell how intelligent this kid is in the interviews. He has some scary potential.
    3/25/14 - Updated Mock with 5th round comp pick

1. Anthony Barr, Defensive End, UCLA
    2. Marcus Martin, Center Guard, USC
    3. Anthony Johnson, Defensive Nostril Tackle, LSU
    4. Marcel Jensen, Offensive End, Fresno State
    5. Wesley Johnson, Offensive Any Guard, Vanderbilt
    5. Aaron Colvin, Defensive Halfback, Oklahoma
    6. Storm Johnson, Guy Who Runs With Football, UCF