+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Veteran

Why did we lose to the Eagles?

I was out of town for that week and missed the game. When I got updates on the final score, I couldn't even bring myself to watch highlights of us losing to Vince Young.

So what was the problem?

I feel at peace with it now considering how the season ended, but was our offense just that pathetic that day?

I mean, we won the Superbowl, so I'm set with the happy vibes for a few seasons, but I'd like to be more optimistic about our offense. Despite Eli's play, I feel there's little to be confident about.

Veteran

Re: Why did we lose to the Eagles?

Giants oline stunk big time. They made the Eagles defense look like the '85 Bears.

[quote user="njsean"]I was out of town for that week and missed the game. When I got updates on the final score, I couldn't even bring myself to watch highlights of us losing to Vince Young.

So what was the problem?

I feel at peace with it now considering how the season ended, but was our offense just that pathetic that day?

I mean, we won the Superbowl, so I'm set with the happy vibes for a few seasons, but I'd like to be more optimistic about our offense. Despite Eli's play, I feel there's little to be confident about.[/quote]

Eli had a bad day (couldn't connect with anyone).

Running game went nowhere (I think we rushed for 29 yards total?).

Our defense gave up a 95 yard drive at the end of the game.

Not like the Eagles played amazing ... they stunk in actuality. We just stunk worse that day.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Veteran

Ugh. I wonder if we were mentally pressing in the game and just collapsed.

I hope we open against them in Sept.

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="njsean"]I was out of town for that week and missed the game. When I got updates on the final score, I couldn't even bring myself to watch highlights of us losing to Vince Young.

So what was the problem?

I mean, we won the Superbowl, so I'm set with the happy vibes for a few seasons, but I'd like to be more optimistic about our offense. Despite Eli's play, I feel there's little to be confident about.[/quote]

Eli had a bad day (couldn't connect with anyone).

Running game went nowhere (I think we rushed for 29 yards total?).

Our defense gave up a 95 yard drive at the end of the game.

Not like the Eagles played amazing ... they stunk in actuality. We just stunk worse that day.[/quote]
    I was at that game and I couldn't have described it better....our D did everything in their power that day to help us win but the offense just wouldn't budge. It's as if they were determined to lose.

Ugh...just the thought of the long drive down to NY to watch my very first Giants game and seeing that brings up some bad emotions. That fumble by Eli at the end was one second that ruined a great 3 day trip (my first to the U.S)....then again in all honesty, If I can have the choice of going there and watching us lose every year but then end up with the Lombardi....I'd do it every year

[quote user="njsean"]Ugh. I wonder if we were mentally pressing in the game and just collapsed.

I hope we open against them in Sept.[/quote]I really hope we stay consistant.

All-Pro

I just hope we can beat the Redskins next year. Embarassing to lose to them 2x led by Rex Grossman. Maybe they will get RG3

Little to be confident about? We have one of the top WR tandems in the league. We have a top 5 QB who is getting better each year. He is the most clutch QB going right now. Our offensive line will improve also. We are not a running team this team goes through Eli that is all the reason you need to be confident.

Giants just didn't show up in that game. Just like against Seattle, and both Washington games.

Despite us going 9-7 in the regular season we should've at least had 12 wins.

Still scratching my head to that Seattle loss.

[quote user="TuckYou"]I just hope we can beat the Redskins next year. Embarassing to lose to them 2x led by Rex Grossman. Maybe they will get RG3[/quote]

We almost always split the division in some format.

As long as that holds true, then I don't care who we win/lose to (although I'm always giddy when we beat the Eagles and CBoys).
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)