+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jayron Hosley

Jayron Hosley

I followed this kid a little bit in college and he led the NCAA in INT's his sophemore. Teams then started to throw the ball away from him, which resulted in him having less attractive numbers. That is a major compliment to his game and he really shined this past weekend at the combine. He's very slim and but his awareness on the field and ball skills are top notch. Depending on how the draft plays out, if he's available at #96 and we haven't addressed the CB position in the first couple of rounds, then he needs to be considered. They were comparing him to a Brandon Carr type player, which I dont hate.

"Hey, let me buy you a pack of gum. I'll show you how to chew it."

2014 Draft:
    Round 1 - Eric Ebron, TE - North Carolina
    Round 2 - David Yankey, OG - Stanford
    Round 3 - Allen Robinson, WR - Penn State
    Round 4 - Anthony Johnson, DT - LSU
    Round 5 - Rashaad Reynolds, CB - Oregon State
    Round 6 - Andrew Jackson, ILB - W. Kentucky
    Round 7 - ** Traded for Jon Beason **

Re: Jayron Hosley

He is very sticky in coverage for sure.

I just worry about his slight build. Giants like their corners to be stout vs the run too and this guy might need to eat some big macs in order to line up against some of the big WRs in the NFC east. That is the only concern for him.

However, like all VT guys he has a lot of special teams value. He is an excellent punt returner and I think he was a gunner for a time too.

Hes tiny. 5'10, 176 pounds, and his arms are the same size as Prince's, who everyone was complaining about having short arms.

I think we end up sticking with Justin Tryon as our small guy in the secondary.

+ Reply to Thread