+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Giants logo - for a conservative team, plenty of change

For a team that's traditional and conservative, the Giants have had more changes to their logo than one would expect relative to the rest of the NFL.

The Cowboys, the all-hype, flashy organization, however, have had just one minor change to the logo.

Interesting.

Veteran

Re: Giants logo - for a conservative team, plenty of change

I don't understand why some of them are football helmets. Are they implying that their football helmets had little football helmets on them?

[quote user="jhamburg"]I don't understand why some of them are football helmets. Are they implying that their football helmets had little football helmets on them?[/quote]
    the logo was their helmet. the logo is what the helmet looked like. Like the Browns today.

Also, the cowboys had one logo in their beginning that was hideous.

No logo appeared on their helmets until the old "ny" (I think in 1961?). The Giant QB behind the skyline was introduced in the 50s but never used on the unis, and I think they tweaked it when they moved from the Polo Grounds to Yankee Stadium.

The capital disco NY came when they were homeless (some funky overdesign of the unis IMO, added white stripes next to the red, etc.). NJ wouldn't allow any form of "NY" in the Meadowlands so they were forced into the Giants script.

When they did the throwbacks in 1994 NJSEA eased up and allowed it on the unis but not on the field.

Over time with Wellington's influence they eventually relented on that too but I believe it could be in the end zones but not midfield.

So glad it's over, I think the current unis are the right ones and should stay timeless.
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

[quote user="SweetZombieJesus"]No logo appeared on their helmets until the old "ny" (I think in 1961?). The Giant QB behind the skyline was introduced in the 50s but never used on the unis, and I think they tweaked it when they moved from the Polo Grounds to Yankee Stadium.

The capital disco NY came when they were homeless (some funky overdesign of the unis IMO, added white stripes next to the red, etc.). NJ wouldn't allow any form of "NY" in the Meadowlands so they were forced into the Giants script.

When they did the throwbacks in 1994 NJSEA eased up and allowed it on the unis but not on the field.

Over time with Wellington's influence they eventually relented on that too but I believe it could be in the end zones but not midfield.

So glad it's over, I think the current unis are the right ones and should stay timeless.
    [/quote]

Agree SweetZombie as you stated. I also like the current design and hope it remains.

As many already know, the Giants are the only team today that was one of the original teams that started the NFL in 1925, so on longevity alone, I would expect more changes . The Cowboys are a much younger team, starting in 1960 and while they changed cities were not subjected to different state regs.

Lets hope they stick with the NY. It is a good classic look.

[quote user="nygsb42champs"]Lets hope they stick with the NY. It is a good classic look.[/quote]

I agree....I am not a fan of the this modern crap that Nike has prototyped. Or at least what has been shown. At then end of the day it doesnt matter what the unis look like it matters if the team wins and unis will not help that in the least.

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

[quote user="GameTime"]

[quote user="nygsb42champs"]Lets hope they stick with the NY. It is a good classic look.[/quote]

I agree....I am not a fan of the this modern crap that Nike has prototyped. Or at least what has been shown. At then end of the day it doesnt matter what the unis look like it matters if the team wins and unis will not help that in the least.

[/quote]
    Does anyone still think that stuff was real it was clearly fan made

[quote user="IamGiantsfan"][quote user="GameTime"]

[/quote] Does anyone still think that stuff was real it was clearly fan made[/quote]

yeah...IDK. Thats why I stated it like that. Either way whether fan made or a Nike protothey sucked IMO overall.

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

I just laughed a little seeing the cardinals original logo is now basically Da Bears current logo

The more you know
    "...two minute drill at the end of each quarter, Ya'know with the wind like this blowing mooch and marshall into the ocean...If that's behind me I think were getting 3 from 70 so holla at your boy. IF YOU DON"T PICK ME THAT'S A JOKE RIGHT?" - Justin Tucker, Ravens kicker

Complain?, ain't Nobody got time for dat!

GO GIANTS!