+ Reply to Thread

Thread: RAMS WILLING TO DEAL NO. 2 DRAFT PICK

RAMS WILLING TO DEAL NO. 2 DRAFT PICK

RAMS WILLING TO DEAL NO. 2 DRAFT PICK

"The St. Louis Rams are willing to trade the second overall pick of the April
    draft.
    <p class="shsParagraph2">Chief operating officer Kevin Demoff said Tuesday that
    the team would make a deal under the right circumstances, but has not made any
    commitments despite a report late Monday that a trade had already been decided.
    He said new coach Jeff Fisher and general manager Les Snead went to the NFL
    combine with an open mind. </p>
    <p class="shsParagraph3">"I think coach Fisher and Les have been upfront that we
    will listen to offers for the (hash)2 pick," Demoff said in an email to The
    Associated Press. "I didn't see anything in the report that differed from their
    statements." </p>
    <p class="shsParagraph4">Quarterbacks Andrew Luck and Robert Griffin III are
    expected to go 1-2 in the draft, with Indianapolis holding the top pick. The
    Rams need plenty of help but are set at quarterback with Sam Bradford, the
    first overall pick in 2010. </p>
    <p class="shsParagraph5">Among a group of perhaps 50 or 60 players that the Rams
    are believed to have interviewed at the combine are Southern California
    offensive tackle Matt Kalil and Oklahoma wide receiver Justin Blackmon, a pair
    who would fill obvious holes. </p>
    <p class="shsParagraph6">While the Colts are widely expected to take Luck as the
    eventual heir to Peyton Manning, it
    is Griffin who has sparked the speculation. Last year's Heisman Trophy winner
    from Baylor is seen as a good fit with a number of teams, increasing the
    likelihood of the Rams dealing the second pick in a bid to stock up. </p>
    <p class="shsParagraph7">But the draft is still two months away and free agency
    has not begun. </p>
    <p class="shsParagraph8">Fisher, hired in January, has consistently maintained he
    has a high regard for Bradford and believes he can become a star. Fisher
    dismissed last season's performance to a large extent because of injuries to
    Bradford and his offensive line, plus a time shortage getting accustomed to
    offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels' system because of the lockout.
    </p><p class="shsParagraph9">Bradford missed six games with a high left ankle sprain
    playing behind an injury riddled line. Tackles Rodger Saffold and
    Jason Smith, and
    guard Jacob Bell
    ended the season on injured reserve. </p>
    <p class="shsParagraph10">The defense also needs help after threatening the
    franchise record for yards allowed. </p>
    <p class="shsParagraph11">Fisher and Snead were hired after the Rams' 2-14 season
    tied for the NFL's worst. They were just 10-38 in three seasons under coach
    Steve Spagnuolo, who was fired along with general manager Billy Devaney.
    McDaniels is also gone." </p>
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Re: RAMS WILLING TO DEAL NO. 2 DRAFT PICK

ill assume the browns are gonna move up and take rg3

Veteran

Cleveland would be the most obvious choice - although they could just hold strong and hope he falls to 4 - if not you have to think the CHAMPS OF THE OFFSEASON - the Redskins might bite.

[quote user="dave56dj"]Cleveland would be the most obvious choice - although they could just hold strong and hope he falls to 4 - if not you have to think the CHAMPS OF THE OFFSEASON - the Redskins might bite.[/quote]

if they dont move up there is problay no way they get them..cause the redskins will most definitely move up..id like to see him in clevland cause i like the guy and dont really want to see him get crushed by jpp tuck and osi year in and year out

[quote user="dave56dj"]Cleveland would be the most obvious choice - although they could just hold strong and hope he falls to 4 - if not you have to think the CHAMPS OF THE OFFSEASON - the Redskins might bite.[/quote]

The fact that the Rams are advertising that they are willing to trade away their No. 2 pick may force the Browns to trade up with them... if the Browns really want RG3.

simple supply and demand NFL-draft style.

I believe in Colt McCoy

There's one thing you have to ask yourself in regards of the Browns trading up to grab RG3.

Is Mike Holmgren willing to admit he screwed up when he drafted McCoy in the 3rd round in 2010? That's essentially what he would be doing if he did move up.

While McCoy isn't the best young QB out there, the dude has very little to work with on offense.

I honestly think the Rams want to trade with the Browns more than the opposite. Just my guess though.

[quote user="MikeIsaGiant"]I believe in Colt McCoy[/quote]
    I did too until Seneca Wallace stepped in and gave that team more of a spark than it'd had under McCoy... Big decisions ahead for them.

+ Reply to Thread