+ Reply to Thread

Christmas wish list for the commission

.............help me assemblea list of issues or items which the Commissioner needs to work on improving for 2012.

Here are two easy ones:

1. If you get two challenges right in a game, why do they cut you off? Why not fire the officiating crew rather than punishing the head coach who is simply trying to get the calls right.

2. Stop that silly, time wasting walk to the video replay booth. It wastes at least a minute round trip and doesn't help at all with the outcome. I know that they say "we want to leave the game in the hands of the officials on the field", but what does that have to do with getting it right and expediting the game? The answer is "nothing." Use the college format and let someone up in the booth, review the tapes and phone the decision down to the field. (If it is necessary to continue the charade, just declare the guy up in the booth "part of the officiating crew."

What else should be on this list, not limited to justthe zebras?

No one remembers who came in second.

Re: Christmas wish list for the commission

How about an -er? Rim-shot.

Listening to the fans goes against every fiber of his being. Unless he can profit from it.

Besides, wasting time allows for more commercial time, in other words, more $$$ for them.

Ha ha, yeah. If you win the first two challenges they should then give you a third. If you win that challenge you get to fire a ref of your choice.

If you win a challenge you get to kick the ref in the nads

[quote user="KidA"]Ha ha, yeah.* If you win the first two challenges they should then give you a third.* If you win that challenge you get to fire a ref of your choice.

[/quote]That is a winner right there.

[quote user="FishinTheSalt"]Listening to the fans goes against every fiber of his being. Unless he can profit from it.

Besides, wasting time allows for more commercial time, in other words, more $$$ for them.[/quote]

Agree about the $...but I must say...I met him in the lobby of Hotel in NO at the Saints game 2 years ago. I figured he would blow us off. However, he invited me and my son to sit with him and his "crew" in the bar area (he did not drink) and he asked us what we wanted as fans. 15-20 minutes we talked and he never once seemed put out. Maybe he was a good actor, but he seemed to actually care about what we thought.

Veteran

[quote user="jomo"][quote user="KidA"]Ha ha, yeah.* If you win the first two challenges they should then give you a third.* If you win that challenge you get to fire a ref of your choice.

[/quote]That is a winner right there.[/quote]

In all seriousness, I think the challenge rule should work like this. You should be able to challenge as many times as you want until you get it wrong twice. I feel like having to get both right in order to get a third is a little unfair. For example, lets say a coach had to blow a challenge on a call early in the game that the refs obviously messed up. Then later on a play is challenged and not overturned. Because the coach had to blow a challenge early on on a call that was messed up, he no longer has the ability to challenge later on because he got the second one wrong.

[quote user="WR4Life"][quote user="jomo"][quote user="KidA"]Ha ha, yeah. If you win the first two challenges they should then give you a third. If you win that challenge you get to fire a ref of your choice.

[/quote]That is a winner right there.[/quote] In all seriousness, I think the challenge rule should work like this. You should be able to challenge as many times as you want until you get it wrong twice. I feel like having to get both right in order to get a third is a little unfair. For example, lets say a coach had to blow a challenge on a call early in the game that the refs obviously messed up. Then later on a play is challenged and not overturned. Because the coach had to blow a challenge early on on a call that was messed up, he no longer has the ability to challenge later on because he got the second one wrong.[/quote]You are one more person with more good sense than the competition committee, the head of officials and the commissioner. Don't get a big head about that. It is easy to be smarter than that group. lol but your suggestion makes perfect sense.

Veteran

[quote user="jomo"][quote user="WR4Life"][quote user="jomo"][quote user="KidA"]Ha ha, yeah.* If you win the first two challenges they should then give you a third.* If you win that challenge you get to fire a ref of your choice.

[/quote]That is a winner right there.[/quote] In all seriousness, I think the challenge rule should work like this. You should be able to challenge as many times as you want until you get it wrong twice. I feel like having to get both right in order to get a third is a little unfair. For example, lets say a coach had to blow a challenge on a call early in the game that the refs obviously messed up. Then later on a play is challenged and not overturned. Because the coach had to blow a challenge early on on a call that was messed up, he no longer has the ability to challenge later on because he got the second one wrong.[/quote]You are one more person with more good sense than the competition committee, the head of officials and the commissioner. Don't get a big head about that. It is easy to be smarter than that group. lol but your suggestion makes perfect sense.[/quote]

Don't worry. I understand that I'm just a small fish in a large school of fish that see things the same way.