+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Burfict...

Burfict...

Had a pretty bad showing at the combine.
    5.09 40?
    Sub 9' broad jump?
    Sub par vertical?
    They're (ESPN) saying he may have dropped to the 5th or 6th round...

Re: Burfict...

He'll never last to the 5th or 6th. Someone will take him much earlier on his ability to lay out some ferocious hits.

I'd probably take him in the 2nd and definitely in the 3rd, even though I'm actually fine with the LB corp as is. I don't think he'll make it past the 2nd round.

Veteran

Burfict is such a tough guy to gage - He is the type who plays with a chip on his shoulder - maybe 5 chips. He's angry - he will take a PF at any time. He will have blow up hits and flat out destroy backs abd qb's but he also find himself out of place often and has not shown great field smarts.

Now his bad combine will hurt - but 5th or 6th round - no. Someone will take a shot before then.

My question is can he play special teams? if he cant he'll fall off the board at this point.
    The Gigalo with the most below

It would be good to get him in the later rounds. To expose him to the rich LB history of NYG & make him grow up...

If he drops he could be the perfect low risk high reward pick.

He plays with a chip on his shoulder, he plays mean. In terms of his mentality and intensity, he reminds me of ray lewis.

Falling in the draft, all the negative comments about him, teams passing on him, all the doubt...could end up being the motivation that makes him great. He plays much faster than his 40shoulder time, im not too worried or invested in his combine results.

I could see him being an absolute beast on special teams, and if any team could get him to buy in and grow up, its the giants.
    reese loves those first round talents w upside almost more than collegiate players who produce in college and don't exceed expectations.

Id invest a 3rd round pick on him but would hope to get him in the 4th

Couldn't be worse than any of the other 3rd round picks lately...

[quote user="BornBrooklyn"]It would be good to get him in the later rounds. To expose him to the rich LB history of NYG & make him grow up...[/quote]
    That's like France's glory days... a LONG time ago, even though it's because our emphasis is on the d-line in the 4/3.

I think it would be better for Burfict to be on the Giants instead of the Ravens. I can see him progressing better under Coughlin and alongside Tuck, Osi, JPP, Rolle, and Boley.

He wont be drafted.

He was an awful player on the field.

Honestly, occasionally making a good hit on someone does not earn you an NFL contract.

[quote user="slipknottin"]He wont be drafted.

He was an awful player on the field.

Honestly, occasionally making a good hit on someone does not earn you an NFL contract.[/quote]This.

I don't understand what people see in this kid that your average run of the mill 2 down LBer doesn't offer as well. He's a little more intense? That's fine I guess but the amount of risk involved isn't worth the reward of a position thats dying out in value. Not to mention he blamed his coaches last season for his shortcomings. I'm not thinking he will be popular here when he starts blaming Fewell of Coughlin.

+ Reply to Thread